Jordan Jenkins or Clay Matthews?

Jordan Jenkins or Clay Matthews?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Both are free agents, Jordan's probably cheaper. Matthews had 8 sacks last year.

• Jordan Jenkins
    • Clay Matthews
    • Somebody else

they're both free agents. Jenkins, younger, maybe cheaper, has had a meh career so far. Matthews is long in the tooth but has had a career and had 8 sacks last year. Interested?

Yep. Even at his age is I’d still more likely to affect the game than Jenkins coverage sacks. Jenkins is solid but Mathews Matched his production on a down year.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

Jenkins had 8 sacks last year too and is heading into his prime. He's gotten better every year. Why would we move away from him for a guy on the downside looking for his last paycheck?

Now I feel silly...I didn't know JJ had 8 sacks.

wow...

4 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Um, he has to WANT to come here. he's not going to a last-place NYC team for peanuts...

He'll go to whoever pays him.  

Hes been on teams that were picked to win and didnt.  Predictions in March aren't always solid as they're thought to be are they?

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Jenkins had 8 sacks last year too and is heading into his prime. He's gotten better every year. Why would we move away from him for a guy on the downside looking for his last paycheck?

As much as I like Jenkins, I think most if not all of his sacks were effort sacks due to coverage. Not dominating or crashing through the blocker to make an impact play. That means something. Again, I like him and would be happy to retain him, but Baet Scott said it best with a snide smirk "We already know exactly what Jenkins will give us"  

he's solid and nothing more unfortunately. I'm glad to see that JD doesn't feel the homer pressure to keep a guy he likes around with a bad contract. ya know... like Enunwa. 

• Upvote 1