If Clowney drops his price are you in or out?

If Clowney drops his asking price to 18 per...  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in or out?

• In
    • Out

3 minutes ago, MARTIN said:

1045 the zone (some seattle radio station i'd recon)  says "Titans, Jets and Seahawks have offers in to Clowney"

That's interesting. Hey, maybe we got a shot at landing him... Knowing JD, i doubt its the highest offer, so probably not :(

He wants to stay in Seattle but they have so much money locked into Wilson I dunno plus all this coronavirus stuff in Seattle May scare him off

3 minutes ago, ljr said:

like many here ... would love him , but

he'll be offered more $ by another team than I'd be willing to give him

Exactly brother. Would be very very surprised to see us come away with him. He wants contender or he wants money. Could see Tennessee getting him easily...if they offer enough.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

My prediction will be the highest offer. Kinda hoping it isn't us unless it's actually a good deal

Exactly.   Its fine to sign him but breaking the bank for him is just dumb. The good news is that I don't see JD doing that. 

I'd rather Vinny Curry as part of a cheaper and longer term solution. 

EDIT: I thought Curry was 29.  lol  I was told I'm wrong and I, for one, believe those guys. :) 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Curry will be cheaper, but he sure as hell isn’t a longterm solution. Not a solution at all, really.

He’ll be 32 next month and is a situational passrusher.

Clowney turned 27 in February and is an every down player.

Just now, GREENBEAN said:

Exactly.   Its fine to sign him but breaking the bank for him is just dumb. The good news is that I don't see JD doing that. 

Vinny Curry is 31. He’s a stop gap DPR. Clowney is a top 10 EDGE player. Legitimately, the only players more desirable than him are Nick Bosa, Khalil Mack, Joey Bosa, Danielle Hunter, Chandler Jones and the Watts? And they’re all comparable players. These are 3 down players that disrupt no matter what you want to do. He’d be the best player on our defense and give us less to worry about during the draft. 

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Curry will be cheaper, but he sure as hell isn’t a longterm solution. Not a solution at all, really.

He’ll be 32 next month and is a situational passrusher.

Clowney turned 27 in February and is an every down player.

32 huh?   I thought he was 30. Still he has a couple of year most likely. but good point. 

I'm just referencing pass rusher. That's what we're looking for really so situational is fine.  But I hear ya. Im really only looking for a pass rusher solution for a couple of years until we can really address it through the draft. someone like Josh Allen. Why is it that we never have a chance with a guy like that man? ;-) 

8 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Vinny Curry is 31. He’s a stop gap DPR. Clowney is a top 10 EDGE player. Legitimately, the only players more desirable than him are Nick Bosa, Khalil Mack, Joey Bosa, Danielle Hunter, Chandler Jones and the Watts? And they’re all comparable players. These are 3 down players that disrupt no matter what you want to do. He’d be the best player on our defense and give us less to worry about during the draft. 

I'll admit I had Curry as younger in my mind, but come on now. Clowney had 3 sacks and 31 total tackles in 2019.  If that's top 10 then we have a serious shortage of guys who can get to the QB in this league. oh, and he also missed a large chunk of the season again. 

He's only played 16 games once

His best season is 9.5 sacks 3 years ago and 

He's never made more than 60 tackles in a season. 

You give him $20 mil.  I sure as hell wouldn't. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

Curry is going to be  32 in June

*Edit- Just saw someone else brought this up. 

46 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Curry is going to be  32 in June

*Edit- Just saw someone else brought this up. 

Did ya also see that I accepted the correction?  :-)  Its hard to keep track of all these friggin guys. I thought he was about to turn 30 for some reason. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

I'll admit I had Curry as younger in my mind, but come on now. Clowney had 3 sacks and 31 total tackles in 2019.  If that's top 10 then we have a serious shortage of guys who can get to the QB in this league. oh, and he also missed a large chunk of the season again. 

He's only played 16 games once

His best season is 9.5 sacks 3 years ago and 

He's never made more than 60 tackles in a season. 

You give him $20 mil.  I sure as hell wouldn't. 

And don't forget at those average stats are with Watt drawing double and tripled teams.

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He simply does not sack the QB enough.

Exactly...if we are paying that much, I want elite.   We have waited this long for a pass rusher.   I am not paying elite money for slightly above average.   Pay mid level money for a hold the fort jag (which is why we should have signed Jenkins) and find your own next year in the draft.

20 hours ago, DJF71 said:

And don't forget at those average stats are with Watt drawing double and tripled teams.

Great point.  I didn't even think of that. When he went over to the Frank Clarkless Seahawks he had a whopping 3 sacks with 31 total tackles.   $20 mil seems just a touch high to me. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, DJF71 said:

2 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Great point.  I didn't even think of that. When he went over the Frank Clarkless Seahawks he had a whopping 3 sacks with 31 total tackles.   $20 mil seems just a touch high to me. 

This is far from true. It was Clowney who was by himself taking on the double teams. Watt play 6 games healthy and 8 games total out of the 32 games in 2017 & 18.

• Upvote 3