OT: I just tested positive with COVID

NYallDay

25 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

You don't  know what is going on. It isn't  2 week, my office is going to be closed for a month. They already told us this. T

Oh so I don't know what is going but your office does? My office is wfh but our warehouse is open. My office disagrees with your office.

Here's what I know, government can act reasonably today, and do more in 2 weeks depending on how this develops. That is a rational approach.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CTM said:

Oh so I don't know what is going but your office does? My office is wfh but our warehouse is open. My office disagrees with your office.

Here's what I know, government can act reasonably today, and do more in 2 weeks depending on how this develops. That is a rational approach.

rationality would have worked in January.

February.

We are past that point now.

Watch Dr. Fauci.  He will explain it for the layman.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, CTM said:

The private sector also needs to step up. Big retail chains like target and walmart had masks and ventilators. They sold them probably mostly to gougers, instead of making sure hospitals got them.

Private enterprise is going to have start contributing like this is WWIV.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

rationality would have worked in January.

February.

We are past that point now.

Watch Dr. Fauci.  He will explain it for the layman.

Different issue. We are talking about federal government sending checks to people who are not economically displaced or sending months worth of income at this point. There is absolutely no reason to overreact there at this point when they can always add more later.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, CTM said:

We are following the government  mandate. If your office and warehouse are not essential  businesses  and you are not, it doesn't  mean you know what is actually happening.  Not everyone is following  the mandate as it is perscribed. And you also pointed out a whole bunch of stuff that isn't  totally factual

21 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

We are following the government  mandate. If your office and warehouse are not essential  businesses  and you are not, it doesn't  mean you know what is actually happening.  Not everyone is following  the mandate as it is perscribed. And you also pointed out a whole bunch of stuff that isn't  totally factual

We qualify as essential, we spent he past 2 weeks making sure the entire back office could work from home and have allowed them to even though not required. And yeah, we will probably keep them there beyond restrictions lifted as there is only small productivity benefits to in office. But the mandate is until further notice not 2 months. Nobody knows when that will be as ideally they will watch the transmission data and decide.

If you look at other countries this thing flattens fairly quickly post restrictions. +Areas in warmer climates aren't seeing the same out break rates as cooler climates. Italy, on a 3 day moving average was growing about 26% daily on 3/9 which is when restrictions went in place. The data today shows a 10% increase and an average 13% increase (3 day moving average.) That is a massive difference that hopefully (and likely) continues to fall over the next week. At Italy's current count a 26% daily increase is like 1.3M total infected in 2 weeks, at 13% daily increase that is 300k infected in 2 weeks. 

What happens when restrictions ease with a more informed public and warmer weather is what remains to be seen and what nobody knows for sure. Several studies and global data suggests a significant decrease based on temp/humidity alone. 

What did I point out that wasn't factual?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

The private sector also needs to step up. Big retail chains like target and walmart had masks and ventilators. They sold them probably mostly to gougers, instead of making sure hospitals got them.

Private enterprise is going to have start contributing like this is WWIV.

Well Trump could mobilize industries with the Defense Act to change production to essentials. He made big claims at his presser on this and mentioned General Motors. But so far he has not enforced the Act which would force them to do it. Even though Governors have begged him to do it.  I'm not so sure about Walmart and Target having supplies of those kind of masks and ventilators. btw one reason for price gouging is that the fed gov has not taken charge and state govs have to bid for the equipment vs other states. In a tweet today about the Illinois gov asking the feds for more help Trump rudely stated that it's up to the states and if they "fail" to get the supplies the fed gov would help out. 

• Thumb Down 2

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

You were talking about zinc. Where do get this from. And in what context could you use and interpret it. Let the scientists do the research not us or unqualified politicians. They are doing tests on some of these viral infection drugs. The studies so far have been minimal and inconclusive. There are issues like dosages, safety etc. 

A1BA9C41-E402-456A-9013-2065DD5270D9.png

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Time will tell... this virus is more contagious and has a higher mortality rate than the flu.

This might fit the profile for an extinction event were it not for the effect/hope of an accelerated cure due to technology.

One of my concerns is the monetization of the eventual treatment.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yeah man well doesn't look like they will monetize it. I mean a few places already using it. I'm sure it cost something but not going to be like 20000 bucks.

Definitely more contagious  but the mortality rate has been very high thankfully. Extinction etc is just not realistic. There has been handful of death. Not even in the flus ball park. It's like all carona death world wise is one week of flu in the us. But yeah time will tell.

It's crazy right now there is some awesome jets moves happening  and people are just talking about carona. Hopefully  soon to be past

16 minutes ago, CTM said:

We qualify as essential, we spent he past 2 weeks making sure the entire back office could work from home and have allowed them to even though not required. And yeah, we will probably keep them there beyond restrictions lifted as there is only small productivity benefits to in office. But the mandate is until further notice not 2 months. Nobody knows when that will be as ideally they will watch the transmission data and decide.

If you look at other countries this thing flattens fairly quickly post restrictions. +Areas in warmer climates aren't seeing the same out break rates as cooler climates. Italy, on a 3 day moving average was growing about 26% daily on 3/9 which is when restrictions went in place. The data today shows a 10% increase and an average 13% increase (3 day moving average.) That is a massive difference that hopefully (and likely) continues to fall over the next week. At Italy's current count a 26% daily increase is like 1.3M total infected in 2 weeks, at 13% daily increase that is 300k infected in 2 weeks. 

What happens when restrictions ease with a more informed public and warmer weather is what remains to be seen and what nobody knows for sure. Several studies and global data suggests a significant decrease based on temp/humidity alone. 

What did I point out that wasn't factual?

Well my office doesn't  qualify as essential  so it's  apples and oranges you are comparing. And what you are describing is common. My Girlfriends work is qualified  as essential but she is working from home. And the mandate is a minimum of 4/15 when it will be reviewed again. I have about 3 emails from REBNY telling us this. 

And stop the BS with the warmer weather. It is Summer in Australia and it is spreading there. Some parts of China were 90 degrees  and it was spreading in those parts as well. 

And just about everything you pointed out was political BS. You still have to pay your mortgage, they just won't  destroy your credit for a month if you don't,  same with rent, and the eviction pause is just going to effect people who were already going to get evicted. If you stop paying your rent, your owner will likely file for eviction and you will get a nice notice from the local Marshalls office telling you about it. It just won't  happen in that period. 

6 hours ago, Skeptable said:

This has to be one of the most naive statements yet... Hospitals are at full capacity they are sending in the USS comfort to NYC and other navy support ships to help... Not because of the people that catch the flu... It's how fast everyone is going to get it and even if the mortality rate is 1 percent... It will be worse that if 50-70 percent of the population catch it at the same time... Its a mass influx of people to the hospitals at the same time people will die unnecessarily because they don't have staff to treat them... 

Ask a doctor or nurse... They are overwhelmed already and we are at least 3 weeks away from it peaking... So don't be a dumbass

Your statement speaks for it self, naive,  hysterical and the ending was perfect, you have to be a doctor because they will agree with you right? Even tho plenty agree with me.

Look your a perfect example of why the coverage of this is so outrageous,  you have no facts just all feeling based in bad info. Convinced people are dieting on the street. No worries mate. At the end of this when it's all past and the sun knocks this thing dead, you can sit back and remember you were wrong

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

What is wrong with you? My life has been tirned upside down because of this. My girlfriend has chronic Lyme disease which compromised  her immune system so she is scared to go outside and walks around with gloves on. I just spent $20 on 2 N95 masks that use to cost 80 cents, my office has been closed and i work on straight commission. Im not allowed to do my job because it entails direct human contact so for about a month I won't  have income and you think this is the same as normal flu?

Ebola didn't  even cause what is happening  here now

You might misunderstand me. The virus doesn't effect the majority of people, that doesn't change seriousness and real life threatening nature of the virus for people in your situation. You have to do everything  you can do to protect your family and loved ones. 

I'm sorry for your situation  I would definitely look into the reported cure and see if you can get that treatment. Places are reporting 100 percent recovery right now, it might not be, but I would definitely check it out and see what you can do.

But in end yes you should be allowed to work, many people should, I heard trump is planning on sending out relief but who knows if that will happen. I hope the best for you and your family. But the reality is ultimately I have been truthful and intent think mass hysteria helps anyone.

• Thumb Down 2

5 hours ago, MindOverMatter said:

You don't get it. It took ebola months to get the same amount of cases that popped up in a couple of weeks with Covid-19. Please start listening to people who have studied this field their entire lives...not the politicions, your neighbors, or whatever you read on FaceBook.

Like wise you realize carona started last Nov or sooner. Your statement  clearly shows your naive or purposefully ignorant, in either case it doesn't matter. I'm sure you know best and that doctors and common sense have it wrong. So glad you commented 

• Thumb Down 2

4 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

You might misunderstand me. The virus doesn't effect the majority of people, that doesn't change seriousness and real life threatening nature of the virus for people in your situation. You have to do everything  you can do to protect your family and loved ones. 

I'm sorry for your situation  I would definitely look into the reported cure and see if you can get that treatment. Places are reporting 100 percent recovery right now, it might not be, but I would definitely check it out and see what you can do.

But in end yes you should be allowed to work, many people should, I heard trump is planning on sending out relief but who knows if that will happen. I hope the best for you and your family. But the reality is ultimately I have been truthful and intent think mass hysteria helps anyone.

There is no reported cure.

15 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

And stop the BS with the warmer weather. It is Summer in Australia and it is spreading there. Some parts of China were 90 degrees  and it was spreading in those parts as well.

Australia has 1k cases and 7 deaths on 25M population, US has 16k cases and 201 deaths on 330M.  29% of Australias infection has been imported per their data, CDC says about 2.2% of our cases are imported

The idea isn't that it can't spread at all in heat/humidity. it's that it won't spread nearly as rapidly (Which is the single biggest concern)., Australia, singapore, india, south america, all datapoints right now that support seasonality.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Mark78 said:

A1BA9C41-E402-456A-9013-2065DD5270D9.png

This is not a complete scientific revue it's taking things out of context. Plus as amateurs we aren't qualified to make decisions based on an abstract or even a complete study. It's inconclusive. Also this journal is open sourcehttps://www.forbes.com/sites/gmoanswers/2016/06/30/predatory-journals/#744e38a655d6 and incomplete in terms of scientific backing. Here is an article about these kinds of sites. It's not necessarily fake but it's not proof of anything that has gone through the scientific method. These drugs are being studied and lets allow the scientists to make conclusions. I hope they work too but based on what I've read very few studies and not widely used in China or Italy. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, jbone said:

There is no reported cure.

Huh that funny because the president, Cuomo in NY and a bunch of other places are trying chloroquine because the reported success  it has had. I mean I could google more stuff for you but here was the top link

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/lisettevoytko/2020/03/22/new-york-to-begin-clinical-trials-for-coronavirus-treatment-tuesday-cuomo-says/amp/

I know shocking to you and all the people who have been in a buttfumbling panic thinking this was the apocalypse.  

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

Australia has 1k cases and 7 deaths on 25M population, US has 16k cases and 201 deaths on 330M.  29% of Australias infection has been imported per their data, CDC says about 2.2% of our cases are imported

The idea isn't that it can't spread at all in heat/humidity. it's that it won't spread nearly as rapidly (Which is the single biggest concern)., Australia, singapore, india, south america, all datapoints right now that support seasonality.

What we know is data on confirmed cases. We don't  know how many people actually have this and China said they expect an uptick from a second wave so nobody but right wing conspiracy  theorists are actually saying what you are. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Huh that funny because the president, Cuomo in NY and a bunch of other places are trying chloroquine because the reported success  it has had. I mean I could google more stuff for you but here was the top link

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/lisettevoytko/2020/03/22/new-york-to-begin-clinical-trials-for-coronavirus-treatment-tuesday-cuomo-says/amp/

I know shocking to you and all the people who have been in a buttfumbling panic thinking this was the apocalypse.  

It’s a possible treatment. Not even close to being a proven cure. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

It's a trial. There has been no success. Here is what Fauci says in that article: Dr. Anthony Fauci, head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases said Friday that the drug’s promise was “anecdotal,” adding, “It was not done in a controlled clinical trial. So you really can’t make any definitive statement about it.”

10 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Like wise you realize carona started last Nov or sooner. Your statement  clearly shows your naive or purposefully ignorant, in either case it doesn't matter. I'm sure you know best and that doctors and common sense have it wrong. So glad you commented 

Doctors and nurses share the same views I do. Your ignorance is scary, educate yourself. And it's Corona by the way, buddy. Spelling it right might be a solid start to actually understanding it's capability.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

The success you are reporting is in test tubes. Nobody knows if this will actually work in people. Clinical trials have not been done. 

7 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

This is not a complete scientific revue it's taking things out of context. Plus as amateurs we aren't qualified to make decisions based on an abstract or even a complete study. It's inconclusive. Also this journal is open sourcehttps://www.forbes.com/sites/gmoanswers/2016/06/30/predatory-journals/#744e38a655d6 and incomplete in terms of scientific backing. Here is an article about these kinds of sites. It's not necessarily fake but it's not proof of anything that has gone through the scientific method. These drugs are being studied and lets allow the scientists to make conclusions. I hope they work too but based on what I've read very few studies and not widely used in China or Italy. 

It does make it tough co soldering you can't rely  on what China says and all the narrative stuff in media

There is alot of evidence  saying we on on the road to cure but time will tell.

• Thumb Down 1

Look there's lots of conspiracy theories out there. It's like a virus too. When they take little fact and try to make something untrue sound legit. Or just make up slander or a lie. To usually push an agenda. Like in Iran. They will not take assistance from the US because they believe at the highest level the Ayotallah that rumors that the US created the virus and would weaponize medicines against them could be true. https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/22/coronavirus-iran-conspiracy-theory-141188

19 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Your statement speaks for it self, naive,  hysterical and the ending was perfect, you have to be a doctor because they will agree with you right? Even tho plenty agree with me.

Look your a perfect example of why the coverage of this is so outrageous,  you have no facts just all feeling based in bad info. Convinced people are dieting on the street. No worries mate. At the end of this when it's all past and the sun knocks this thing dead, you can sit back and remember you were wrong

Talk to a doctor or nurse.. That is all... My family is filled with them.... You obviously have not, so your ignorance is showing... Go on about your daily life like nothing is happening... I do agree that the media is blowing some of this out of proportion but the crisis in hospitals is not... So for those of us that actually care for people other then themselves you will see... That n95 mask shortages and hospital bed shortages are real... Soon when this peaks (because we are weeks away from peaking) your true ignorance will show

2 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Do NOT take Chloroquine if you are feeling sick. First of all there’s no scientific proof it’s effective against SARS-CoV-2 and most of all it can be highly toxic and cause serious and fatal overdose at less than 2x the standard dosage (under 2000 mg)

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, Skeptable said:

Talk to a doctor or nurse.. That is all... My family is filled with them.... You obviously have not, so your ignorance is showing... Go on about your daily life like nothing is happening... I do agree that the media is blowing some of this out of proportion but the crisis in hospitals is not... So for those of us that actually care for people other then themselves you will see... That n95 mask shortages and hospital bed shortages are real... Soon when this peaks (because we are weeks away from peaking) your true ignorance will show

BornJetsFan83 reminds me of a co-worker of mine. Last week he was joking about how this is nothing to worry about and people are freaking out for nothing. This week he already notified management that he's not coming in this week in fear of catching the virus and giving it to his immuno-compromised sister.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Do NOT take Chloroquine if you are feeling sick. First of all there’s no scientific proof it’s effective against SARS-CoV-2 and most of all it can be highly toxic and cause serious and fatal overdose at less than 2x the standard dosage (under 2000 mg)

Jesus christ this guy @BornJetsFan1983... The ignorance is off the charts.. Please listen to doctors and nurses... What can't wait is saying is true

14 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Good article.  Right in the middle of it is this gem.

• Dr. Anthony Fauci, head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases said Friday that the drug’s promise was “anecdotal,” adding, “It was not done in a controlled clinical trial. So you really can’t make any definitive statement about it.”

The administration is not telling the truth. They won't give numbers, they make bold statements with no evidence what they say is factual. I hope this changes it's improved. There are some credible people on their team but not the administration. A few weeks ago they were calling it a hoax. Exaggerated by Dems to hurt Trump politically. That's obviously a lie. Who wants to hear that maybe 80% of New Yorkers could get the virus but we need the truth on this. And that should change behaviors of people not distancing. So the media is fact checking this nobody says you will watch the news 24/7 I don't it's very depressing. But they have to do their job and not sugar coat all of this which is basically what the administration has done to cover up their incompetency. Look Trump has a chance to turn this around. I'm rooting for him to change. He claims he is such a great businessman.  Only he can do it. Well get the supplies out then now. 

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Biggs said:

Good article.  Right in the middle of it is this gem.

• Dr. Anthony Fauci, head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases said Friday that the drug’s promise was “anecdotal,” adding, “It was not done in a controlled clinical trial. So you really can’t make any definitive statement about it.”

Really can’t make stuff like this up. Calls everyone out for being ignorant, provides a link to an article he thinks proves his point, but doesn’t actually read it. Enlightened guy.

• Upvote 1

2 physicians I know personally are both on opposite ends of the spectrum on this.  It does sound to me that there is some level of disagreement.  Scary time.  I’m not in total agreement with what was done initially and what’s being done now, but nothing to do than just try to stay healthy.  

• Upvote 1