NYallDay

OT: I just tested positive with COVID

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I've seen this before. Not to talk religion but my grandmother passed away when I was just a kid she loved her Lord she prayed on her rosary beads until she could pray no longer (my only tattoo is of hands praying over rosary beads in memory of her). She always warned her family of two things. 1.) Social security card; she felt it was the 1st sign for the mark of the beast as a tracking device because without a social our governments will look at us as nothingness as if we're nothing and do not exist as humans and warned us us to never accept any type of chip into our body (my family never will, even if it means death) and 2.) The end of our days. She always told us there would become a time and day where we are to lock our doors, stay inside our homes and don't even so much as look outside of our windows because people who go outside would die by the hands of evilness within the world. And now look. School's are shut down. Churches are closed (preachers getting arrested for having gatherings), millions have lost jobs and as people we are warned to stay inside of our homes because people are dying outside. Dejavu. My grandma had a lot of faith, a lot of knowledge and a lot of wisdom and had the biggest most loving heart I've ever experienced every time she hugged me I knew she loved me and she always worried about the evilness of this world and what could happen to her family once she was no longer here. So she tried her best to prepare us to stick together throughout scary times and me being stuck working from home my daughter not allowed in school anymore and being locked inside of our home with my own family just gives me flashbacks to my grandmother's words as I feel like I've seen this story play out before and it's a scary feeling when I look into hospitals today and it looks like a human genocide with streets deserted of people and a virus killing us as the root. 

With all due respect to your grandma, the Book of Revelations was likely written by a Jewish Christian in exile who thought that the end of the world was imminent during the reign of Nero. All the idiots who continue to prophecy the end of the world according to this crackpot scheme written for a time two thousand years ago should be ashamed of themselves. The repeated expectation of the end of times is actually a kind of sad and polarizing vision of us and them -- saved and damned -- that has permeated Christianity since the times when it was a minority faith fighting for legitimacy. Every plague and pandemic brings these crazies out of the woodwork. What a time we live in. I heard that if you take a ship across the ocean from Gibraltar you will be eaten by dragons and then fall off the edge of the earth.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

Tried to see if this was posted anywhere but I saw this on Reddit. Joe Douglas has been tipping $100 on takeout orders throughout the quarantine period
#ThatsMyGM
Screenshot_20200406-084650.thumb.png.4dc3b8665ff5b3d0163f289e7a9bc8bd.png

And he ordered over $100 of food. No wonder he is so fat. Just increasing his chances of getting that virus from China.
  • Upvote 2

Italy had to make that call. Their hospitals got over run and they began turning away anyone over 80 years old.
Frightening time for sure.

High risk people should continue to quarantine.
  • Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

With all due respect to your grandma, the Book of Revelations was likely written by a Jewish Christian in exile who thought that the end of the world was imminent during the reign of Nero. All the idiots who continue to prophecy the end of the world according to this crackpot scheme written for a time two thousand years ago should be ashamed of themselves. The repeated expectation of the end of times is actually a kind of sad and polarizing vision of us and them -- saved and damned -- that has permeated Christianity since the times when it was a minority faith fighting for legitimacy. Every plague and pandemic brings these crazies out of the woodwork. What a time we live in. I heard that if you take a ship across the ocean from Gibraltar you will be eaten by dragons and then fall off the edge of the earth.

Long known "The number of the beast" was a permutation of Nero's name in one of the languages the author of Revelations knew, which assigned numbers to certain letters.

Jesus is coming; LOOK BUSY!!!

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, CTM said:

Relatively minor risk from what I've read and it makes sense. A more deadly virus is more easily contained and there is little evolutionary benefit to a virus that kills its host quickly, the mechanics of evolution should mean the less deadlier strains get passed on more than the deadlier ones 

They discussed this at the last Virus council meeting and Ebola was opposed to the Idea but Covid -19 won the battle. He prefers Novel BTW

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Losmeister said:

@CTM   it was smashmouth...

image.thumb.png.7a91f7f87e85b6465daccf2661789b50.png

Yep I wrote that and its common knowledge that any virus can mutate up or down. Now based on all the things they got wrong so far about this virus and they still do not have a good grasp as to WTF is going on I would not believe anything they say until it actually happen's that being said I got this info first hand from a Doctor about possible Mutations. Like I said though it can get more or less lethal mostly less is the norm. With the possibility this could be an engineered Virus all bets could be off on how it comes back and in what form. Obviously some areas of the World are having much worse results so there could very well be different strains of the virus and they are not going to cause a panic and spread that type of info. Just like they lie to us about pretty much everything I don't think this would be very different

Just an update, a family friend was tested 20 days ago and tested positive. Got retested on Friday and is still positive (got the info back today) not sure what it means but damnnnn I wonder if myself and our family are still

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

So nobody has anything to say about tigers getting infected?

New York City reported a one-day total of 351 deaths on Sunday morning. On a normal day in New York City, 158 people die, so more than twice as many people are dying in the city of the virus than of all other causes combined.

Yes . Who said there weren’t going to many deaths? The trend is slowing nationally. The data and the doctors are telling us this. We are going to going on the right direction, despite the fact that this week will be brutal

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

yoyu sound like .. the arrogant/ignorant type...    

The truth is ignorant or arrogant? When I say something factually incorrect let me know

8 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Yes . Who said there weren’t going to many deaths? The trend is slowing nationally. The data and the doctors are telling us this. We are going to going on the right direction, despite the fact that this week will be brutal

The trend is not going in the right direction here in Florida and it's getting worse by the day, not better.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

The trend is not going in the right direction here in Florida and it's getting worse by the day, not better.

Same here in Maine

• Upvote 1

On 3/21/2020 at 12:56 AM, joebracken33 said:

I’m a European living in Europe so have no political axe to grind but if I had a dollar for every time I have yelled at the TV in the last 6 weeks to tell Trump to shut the **** up with his “we are doing a great job” attitude and instead start to warn his people of the dangers of this virus then I would have enough cash to fill all the holes on our roster.

Does the man have any empathy for people ?   Or is it always just one deranged egotistical journey punctuated with inaction, zero responsibility taken and all detractors rudely insulted and maximum deflection tactics employed ?

Again, I have no political skin in game and have the utmost respect for the office of POTUS.... just would expect more from a man who holds the lives of 300+m in his hands.

Don’t get me started on the muppet Boris would “leads” the people of my nearest and dearest neighbour. Stiff upper lip and the great British spirit (and not self isolation) are going to see them through this global health crisis.

Sorry for the rant - will stick to football in future

Doesn’t seem that long ago since I wrote this

Boris Johnson now in Intensive Care 

Crazy times we are living in 

• Upvote 2

Not sure where you got that from. But watching Fauci last week who said this week and next will be the worst we’ve seen so far. Also, people are not abiding the staying in and social distancing. NY is horrible as I’m sure other places are about this. I saw video yesterday of people just chilling in a park in BK like 40-50 people. Then cops had to break up a funeral in BK For Orthodox Jews where they were 60+. Without people adhering to these stipulations, this will never end

• Upvote 1

Not sure where you got that from. But watching Fauci last week who said this week and next will be the worst we’ve seen so far. Also, people are not abiding the staying in and social distancing. NY is horrible as I’m sure other places are about this. I saw video yesterday of people just chilling in a park in BK like 40-50 people. Then cops had to break up a funeral in BK For Orthodox Jews where they were 60+. Without people adhering to these stipulations, this will never end

Did you listen to the Governor this morning??

13 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Nationally.

New York got hit so hard and is still getting hit hard because of so many people but states such as Florida and many others are just now starting to get hit and about to get hit even harder. It going to get worse Nationally, not better as the days and weeks move along. 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Did you listen to the Governor this morning??

I have a horrible boss and have been working nonstop, I have not so apologies

Hospital admissions in NY are down. Death toll was down in NY yesterday. The Governor said this morning the outlook for next week is much better. You can watch the press conference on YouTube

3 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Sure. Makes it easy to put words in my mouth

you're right . I looked at the full conversation and the context was specifically about younger people so for that I was wrong to make the assumption you were talking about the entire spectrum of how this may or may not affect people. 

Either way this is a bad situation that should be taken very seriously, states that are not even close to peaking yet will get much worse in the coming days and weeks while NY one of the first states affected will start to get better if they can keep people away from one another.

3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

New York got hit so hard and is still getting hit hard because of so many people but states such as Florida and many others are just now starting to get hit and about to get even harder. It going to get worse Nationally, not better as the days and weeks move along. 

Florida is good evidence for seasonality. Considernig they just ordered shelter in place the outbreak there has been very tepid. lets hope it stays that way

• Upvote 1

Hospital admissions in NY are down. Death toll was down in NY yesterday. The Governor said this morning the outlook for next week is much better. You can watch the press conference on YouTube

Happy to hear! We need to keep this stay at home for the foreseeable future however. If the country relapses, holy sh*t we’d be ****ed

Yes, we have to take this seriously for some time to come. But there are good signs and eventually, we have to get back to normal. I’m a total advocate for shutting everything down, for the time being

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

It’s been seesawing obviously but the market was up today as well. First glimmer of hope in awhile it seems like today. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYallDay said:

Happy to hear! We need to keep this stay at home for the foreseeable future however. If the country relapses, holy sh*t we’d be ****ed

Until there is a wildly available vaccine it's going to relapse the minute people start to leave their houses. either in the summer or fall depending on how large a season impact is seen. Experts are basically saying most people are going to end up getting this. We aren't eradicating the virus completely with these measures, the goal is to keep the spread low enough to not overwhelm hospitals (which people getting it and recovering helps with)

Once we have the infrastructure in place, like South Korea, for rapid testing, contact tracing and a more informed public there's no reason you can have relaxed restrictions in certain locales imo. Again, unless you imagine a scenario where we can eliminate it completely just by isolating ourselves, but I haven't seen anyone suggest that.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Spring break , my friend , didn't help Florida . 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NYallDay said:

I saw video yesterday of people just chilling in a park in BK like 40-50 people. Then cops had to break up a funeral in BK For Orthodox Jews where they were 60+

tumblr_lmk82lmvkU1qb9lrv.gif

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Yep I wrote that and its common knowledge that any virus can mutate up or down. Now based on all the things they got wrong so far about this virus and they still do not have a good grasp as to WTF is going on I would not believe anything they say until it actually happen's that being said I got this info first hand from a Doctor about possible Mutations. Like I said though it can get more or less lethal mostly less is the norm. With the possibility this could be an engineered Virus all bets could be off on how it comes back and in what form. Obviously some areas of the World are having much worse results so there could very well be different strains of the virus and they are not going to cause a panic and spread that type of info. Just like they lie to us about pretty much everything I don't think this would be very different

wasnt making any  specific challenge to what you wrote, just attributing it correctly...      its not engineered, thats already debunked.

there are 2 known main strains, L and S IIRC...

• Upvote 2

As of Monday the 6th, 499 confirmed cases in Maine.

158 have recovered.

10 deaths.

4 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

wasnt making any  specific challenge to what you wrote, just attributing it correctly...      its not engineered, thats already debunked.

there are 2 known main strains, L and S IIRC...

The "S" strain was worse if I recall.