Jump to content

OT: I just tested positive with COVID


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I've seen this before. Not to talk religion but my grandmother passed away when I was just a kid she loved her Lord she prayed on her rosary beads until she could pray no longer (my only tattoo is of hands praying over rosary beads in memory of her). She always warned her family of two things. 1.) Social security card; she felt it was the 1st sign for the mark of the beast as a tracking device because without a social our governments will look at us as nothingness as if we're nothing and do not exist as humans and warned us us to never accept any type of chip into our body (my family never will, even if it means death) and 2.) The end of our days. She always told us there would become a time and day where we are to lock our doors, stay inside our homes and don't even so much as look outside of our windows because people who go outside would die by the hands of evilness within the world. And now look. School's are shut down. Churches are closed (preachers getting arrested for having gatherings), millions have lost jobs and as people we are warned to stay inside of our homes because people are dying outside. Dejavu. My grandma had a lot of faith, a lot of knowledge and a lot of wisdom and had the biggest most loving heart I've ever experienced every time she hugged me I knew she loved me and she always worried about the evilness of this world and what could happen to her family once she was no longer here. So she tried her best to prepare us to stick together throughout scary times and me being stuck working from home my daughter not allowed in school anymore and being locked inside of our home with my own family just gives me flashbacks to my grandmother's words as I feel like I've seen this story play out before and it's a scary feeling when I look into hospitals today and it looks like a human genocide with streets deserted of people and a virus killing us as the root. 

With all due respect to your grandma, the Book of Revelations was likely written by a Jewish Christian in exile who thought that the end of the world was imminent during the reign of Nero. All the idiots who continue to prophecy the end of the world according to this crackpot scheme written for a time two thousand years ago should be ashamed of themselves. The repeated expectation of the end of times is actually a kind of sad and polarizing vision of us and them -- saved and damned -- that has permeated Christianity since the times when it was a minority faith fighting for legitimacy. Every plague and pandemic brings these crazies out of the woodwork. What a time we live in. I heard that if you take a ship across the ocean from Gibraltar you will be eaten by dragons and then fall off the edge of the earth.

  • Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Update: my wife and son today in our front yard. My mother who was positive sitting in the front porch. We are all feeling 100% on our 13th day of quarantine. My father, who has had it worst, is still

What’s up jets nation!!! So updates: I’m like 85% better, would be 109 but I have a 7 month old that wakes up no later than 6am and I take first shift (6-830 feed play then nap at 830) and our babysit

Will keep everyone updated. Once I’m healthy I’ll tell you why my work is where the blame lies and I’m going to sue them. And contribute some moneys to sign clowney Anderson and whoever else we need l

Posted Images

Tried to see if this was posted anywhere but I saw this on Reddit. Joe Douglas has been tipping $100 on takeout orders throughout the quarantine period
#ThatsMyGM
Screenshot_20200406-084650.thumb.png.4dc3b8665ff5b3d0163f289e7a9bc8bd.png

And he ordered over $100 of food. No wonder he is so fat. Just increasing his chances of getting that virus from China.
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Italy had to make that call. Their hospitals got over run and they began turning away anyone over 80 years old.
Frightening time for sure.

High risk people should continue to quarantine.
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

With all due respect to your grandma, the Book of Revelations was likely written by a Jewish Christian in exile who thought that the end of the world was imminent during the reign of Nero. All the idiots who continue to prophecy the end of the world according to this crackpot scheme written for a time two thousand years ago should be ashamed of themselves. The repeated expectation of the end of times is actually a kind of sad and polarizing vision of us and them -- saved and damned -- that has permeated Christianity since the times when it was a minority faith fighting for legitimacy. Every plague and pandemic brings these crazies out of the woodwork. What a time we live in. I heard that if you take a ship across the ocean from Gibraltar you will be eaten by dragons and then fall off the edge of the earth.

Long known "The number of the beast" was a permutation of Nero's name in one of the languages the author of Revelations knew, which assigned numbers to certain letters.

Jesus is coming; LOOK BUSY!!!

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CTM said:

Relatively minor risk from what I've read and it makes sense. A more deadly virus is more easily contained and there is little evolutionary benefit to a virus that kills its host quickly, the mechanics of evolution should mean the less deadlier strains get passed on more than the deadlier ones 

They discussed this at the last Virus council meeting and Ebola was opposed to the Idea but Covid -19 won the battle. He prefers Novel BTW

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Losmeister said:

@CTM   it was smashmouth...

image.thumb.png.7a91f7f87e85b6465daccf2661789b50.png

Yep I wrote that and its common knowledge that any virus can mutate up or down. Now based on all the things they got wrong so far about this virus and they still do not have a good grasp as to WTF is going on I would not believe anything they say until it actually happen's that being said I got this info first hand from a Doctor about possible Mutations. Like I said though it can get more or less lethal mostly less is the norm. With the possibility this could be an engineered Virus all bets could be off on how it comes back and in what form. Obviously some areas of the World are having much worse results so there could very well be different strains of the virus and they are not going to cause a panic and spread that type of info. Just like they lie to us about pretty much everything I don't think this would be very different

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just an update, a family friend was tested 20 days ago and tested positive. Got retested on Friday and is still positive (got the info back today) not sure what it means but damnnnn I wonder if myself and our family are still


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
New York City reported a one-day total of 351 deaths on Sunday morning. On a normal day in New York City, 158 people die, so more than twice as many people are dying in the city of the virus than of all other causes combined.

Yes . Who said there weren’t going to many deaths? The trend is slowing nationally. The data and the doctors are telling us this. We are going to going on the right direction, despite the fact that this week will be brutal


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:


Yes . Who said there weren’t going to many deaths? The trend is slowing nationally. The data and the doctors are telling us this. We are going to going on the right direction, despite the fact that this week will be brutal


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The trend is not going in the right direction here in Florida and it's getting worse by the day, not better.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2020 at 12:56 AM, joebracken33 said:

I’m a European living in Europe so have no political axe to grind but if I had a dollar for every time I have yelled at the TV in the last 6 weeks to tell Trump to shut the **** up with his “we are doing a great job” attitude and instead start to warn his people of the dangers of this virus then I would have enough cash to fill all the holes on our roster.

Does the man have any empathy for people ?   Or is it always just one deranged egotistical journey punctuated with inaction, zero responsibility taken and all detractors rudely insulted and maximum deflection tactics employed ?

Again, I have no political skin in game and have the utmost respect for the office of POTUS.... just would expect more from a man who holds the lives of 300+m in his hands.

Don’t get me started on the muppet Boris would “leads” the people of my nearest and dearest neighbour. Stiff upper lip and the great British spirit (and not self isolation) are going to see them through this global health crisis.

Sorry for the rant - will stick to football in future

Doesn’t seem that long ago since I wrote this

Boris Johnson now in Intensive Care 

Crazy times we are living in 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes . Who said there weren’t going to many deaths? The trend is slowing nationally. The data and the doctors are telling us this. We are going to going on the right direction, despite the fact that this week will be brutal


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Not sure where you got that from. But watching Fauci last week who said this week and next will be the worst we’ve seen so far. Also, people are not abiding the staying in and social distancing. NY is horrible as I’m sure other places are about this. I saw video yesterday of people just chilling in a park in BK like 40-50 people. Then cops had to break up a funeral in BK For Orthodox Jews where they were 60+. Without people adhering to these stipulations, this will never end


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure where you got that from. But watching Fauci last week who said this week and next will be the worst we’ve seen so far. Also, people are not abiding the staying in and social distancing. NY is horrible as I’m sure other places are about this. I saw video yesterday of people just chilling in a park in BK like 40-50 people. Then cops had to break up a funeral in BK For Orthodox Jews where they were 60+. Without people adhering to these stipulations, this will never end


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Did you listen to the Governor this morning??


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:


Nationally.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

New York got hit so hard and is still getting hit hard because of so many people but states such as Florida and many others are just now starting to get hit and about to get hit even harder. It going to get worse Nationally, not better as the days and weeks move along. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:


Sure. Makes it easy to put words in my mouth


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

you're right . I looked at the full conversation and the context was specifically about younger people so for that I was wrong to make the assumption you were talking about the entire spectrum of how this may or may not affect people. 

Either way this is a bad situation that should be taken very seriously, states that are not even close to peaking yet will get much worse in the coming days and weeks while NY one of the first states affected will start to get better if they can keep people away from one another.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

New York got hit so hard and is still getting hit hard because of so many people but states such as Florida and many others are just now starting to get hit and about to get even harder. It going to get worse Nationally, not better as the days and weeks move along. 

Florida is good evidence for seasonality. Considernig they just ordered shelter in place the outbreak there has been very tepid. lets hope it stays that way

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Hospital admissions in NY are down. Death toll was down in NY yesterday. The Governor said this morning the outlook for next week is much better. You can watch the press conference on YouTube


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Happy to hear! We need to keep this stay at home for the foreseeable future however. If the country relapses, holy sh*t we’d be ****ed


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Hospital admissions in NY are down. Death toll was down in NY yesterday. The Governor said this morning the outlook for next week is much better. You can watch the press conference on YouTube


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

It’s been seesawing obviously but the market was up today as well. First glimmer of hope in awhile it seems like today. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NYallDay said:


Happy to hear! We need to keep this stay at home for the foreseeable future however. If the country relapses, holy sh*t we’d be ****ed


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Until there is a wildly available vaccine it's going to relapse the minute people start to leave their houses. either in the summer or fall depending on how large a season impact is seen. Experts are basically saying most people are going to end up getting this. We aren't eradicating the virus completely with these measures, the goal is to keep the spread low enough to not overwhelm hospitals (which people getting it and recovering helps with)

Once we have the infrastructure in place, like South Korea, for rapid testing, contact tracing and a more informed public there's no reason you can have relaxed restrictions in certain locales imo. Again, unless you imagine a scenario where we can eliminate it completely just by isolating ourselves, but I haven't seen anyone suggest that.

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Yep I wrote that and its common knowledge that any virus can mutate up or down. Now based on all the things they got wrong so far about this virus and they still do not have a good grasp as to WTF is going on I would not believe anything they say until it actually happen's that being said I got this info first hand from a Doctor about possible Mutations. Like I said though it can get more or less lethal mostly less is the norm. With the possibility this could be an engineered Virus all bets could be off on how it comes back and in what form. Obviously some areas of the World are having much worse results so there could very well be different strains of the virus and they are not going to cause a panic and spread that type of info. Just like they lie to us about pretty much everything I don't think this would be very different

wasnt making any  specific challenge to what you wrote, just attributing it correctly...      its not engineered, thats already debunked.

there are 2 known main strains, L and S IIRC...

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

wasnt making any  specific challenge to what you wrote, just attributing it correctly...      its not engineered, thats already debunked.

there are 2 known main strains, L and S IIRC...

The "S" strain was worse if I recall.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...