OT: I just tested positive with COVID

Just now, fusionCA said:

Thank you so much .

We have a parents , siblings who live out of the country, none of them could come .

I was the only one allowed in the hospital. 

It sucks 

As long as you, your wife and the baby stay healthy, that is all that counts in the long run.  

My daughter-in-law is pregnant with what will be my first grandchild.  They live out of state.  She is not due until the fall, so I am hoping life will be back to normal by then.  I really want to be able to enjoy the moment with them.

• Upvote 4
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Update: my wife and son today in our front yard. My mother who was positive sitting in the front porch. We are all feeling 100% on our 13th day of quarantine. My father, who has had it worst, is still

What’s up jets nation!!! So updates: I’m like 85% better, would be 109 but I have a 7 month old that wakes up no later than 6am and I take first shift (6-830 feed play then nap at 830) and our babysit

Will keep everyone updated. Once I’m healthy I’ll tell you why my work is where the blame lies and I’m going to sue them. And contribute some moneys to sign clowney Anderson and whoever else we need l

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Lith said:

As long as you, your wife and the baby stay healthy, that is all that counts in the long run.  

My daughter-in-law is pregnant with what will be my first grandchild.  They live out of state.  She is not due until the fall, so I am hoping life will be back to normal by then.  I really want to be able to enjoy the moment with them.

Hopefully this will be done by the fall 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, NYallDay said:

Will keep everyone updated. Once I’m healthy I’ll tell you why my work is where the blame lies and I’m going to sue them. And contribute some moneys to sign clowney Anderson and whoever else we need lol but thank you everyone truly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feel better!   

don’t think you gonna win a lawsuit until your boss made you eat bat soup. 

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Listen you will be fine!  Get some oregano oil and Sovereign Silver.  Or if you can not locate that get Nano Ionic Silver.  Eat well and don't panic and keep your spirits up with prayer and in a week of staying home with your lovely wife all will be well.

Remember the coronavirus up until now was responsible for the things that felt like the common cold. 

Does this silver thing work.  You are the second person who mentioned it to me

1 hour ago, NYallDay said:

I’m 33 live with my wife, son of 7 months, mom dad and sister and myself mom and dad all tested positive. Tested on Glenn Island, new Rochelle. Took 2 days for results. I had symptoms last Thursday and Friday but have been fine since Monday.

Freaking out

tryda chill if possible. best o luck.

I wish you and your family nothing but the best. 

It's easy to say, but try not to freak out. You and your family have a great chance of getting through this ok.

A friend of mine tested positive last week and has been feeling fine for days, as well.  

Hang in there and be strong. 

• Upvote 2
9 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Listen you will be fine!  Get some oregano oil and Sovereign Silver.  Or if you can not locate that get Nano Ionic Silver.  Eat well and don't panic and keep your spirits up with prayer and in a week of staying home with your lovely wife all will be well.

Remember the coronavirus up until now was responsible for the things that felt like the common cold. 

Also add tea tree oil to oregano oil. Few drops in boiling water, towel overhead and breathe in. This works amazingly. Clears throat, sinus lungs. Do this 3-4 times a day....even if you don’t have symptoms. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, NYallDay said:

I’m 33 live with my wife, son of 7 months, mom dad and sister and myself mom and dad all tested positive. Tested on Glenn Island, new Rochelle. Took 2 days for results. I had symptoms last Thursday and Friday but have been fine since Monday.

Freaking out

Congrats on the recovery. Hope everyone in the rest of the fam is good/recovers.

Whenever you're considered not-contagious anymore, I bet there are volunteer opportunities in your area for people like yourself that will now have a built in immune response.

Keep a sharp eye out for data about re-infection, although I know someone early in this thread quoted Dr Fauci and I'd trust him, but also keep an eye out for what you can do for others that haven't been infected/cannot risk infection - elderly neighbors, food bank, meals on wheels etc. 

Anyways, I'll be thinking about your family and hoping for the best, and let me congratulate you again on making it through without much damage. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, NYallDay said:

Is that how it goes though? I see so much different sh*t

First of all, I hope you are all feeling better really soon.

I saw a Doctor speaking tonight, he said they believe once you get it and get better they believe their is immunity. They just don't have enough data to say how long that immunity is. They were speculating a year, but since it is brand new they don't want to commit to it being longer than that or permanent.

3 hours ago, NYallDay said:

Freaking out

Watch that son of yours especially. All the best.

3 hours ago, NYallDay said:

Freaking out

I am sure it is very difficult, but for you and the family try not to panic and of course get all the necessary treatment. We will all Pray for you and the family.

Stay positive. Like others have said, sounds you are getting through it fine. This thing is as much a psychological crisis as it is a health crisis. Every little tingle or itch makes me think I have it. It’ll drive you nuts before anything. 

Best wishes to you and your family from Ireland.

Living with similar fears here too but today is Day 8 of self-isolation and so far so go.

Laughter and avoiding continuous news feeds are my tips to staying healthy during this crazy time 

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, NYallDay said:

Freaking out

Get better! Now I feel like such a pussy bc I've been carrying on like such a baby from pneumonia, not corona related.  Feel better bud.  Take care of the little one. 

My best to you and your family.

I'm involved on the front lines of this. Science is catching up to this thing at a pace that is unprecedented. Even 3 years ago many couldn't have imagined what researches are doing today. Stay strong, everyone. We're not there yet, but we WILL win this war.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
9 hours ago, NYallDay said:

Freaking out

If it makes you feel any better I have it also. Got it from my brother. He had two days of fever then a two days of body aches and head aches with a lil shortness of breathe. But all seems behind him. 
im onto day 2 with only a fever for day 1 and so far only a fever for day 2 

I more worried about wife’s sanity with my two kids (4&1) during this then if I’ll recover. Not trying to spit onto the wind here but for the majority of people that have or will have, it will not be nearly as bad as they think.

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

My best to you and your family.

I'm involved on the front lines of this. Science is catching up to this thing at a pace that is unprecedented. Even 3 years ago many couldn't have imagined what researches are doing today. Stay strong, everyone. We're not there yet, but we WILL win this war.

My mother is an ER nurse, she said people show up everyday. Even the urgy center I went to to get tested was fully staffed. The medical professionals really do just do there job. There at risk every second of the day yet forge on. Too bad all professions didn’t act that way in a time of crisis

• Upvote 1