OT: I just tested positive with COVID

20 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

My mother is an ER nurse, she said people show up everyday. Even the urgy center I went to to get tested was fully staffed. The medical professionals really do just do there job. There at risk every second of the day yet forge on. Too bad all professions didn’t act that way in a time of crisis

What sucks is that they're telling people not to go to the ER or their doctors office bc you can infect a lot of people and people just don't listen.  People need to stay home,  call their doctor and then let the doctor decide if its necessary for you to get tested.  That way the staff can properly prepare for that persons arrival instead of people just showing up and infecting other's.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

What sucks is that they're telling people not to go to the ER or their doctors office bc you can infect a lot of people and people just don't listen.  People need to stay home,  call their doctor and then let the doctor decide if its necessary for you to get tested.  That way the staff can properly prepare for that persons arrival instead of people just showing up and infecting other's.  

The way it worked for me, I called urgy care from my house told them I was in contact with a confirmed positive and that I had a fever, because I was in contact with a confirmed positive I was eligible. They gave me an appointment and a phone number. I was told to call when I was in the lot and they told me when to come in. 
FTR if I wasn’t in contact with a confirmed positive I would not have been eligible for a test with just a fever. They are prioritizing the testing

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, NYallDay said:

I’m 33 live with my wife, son of 7 months, mom dad and sister and myself mom and dad all tested positive. Tested on Glenn Island, new Rochelle. Took 2 days for results. I had symptoms last Thursday and Friday but have been fine since Monday.

Freaking out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's not something to be minimised.  how are your parents making out?  they're probably at greater risk.  i don't know how you will do it but you probably need to stay away from your wife and child.

57 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

My mother is an ER nurse, she said people show up everyday. Even the urgy center I went to to get tested was fully staffed. The medical professionals really do just do there job. There at risk every second of the day yet forge on. Too bad all professions didn’t act that way in a time of crisis

Absolute heroes. Every single one.

They are going to need the rest of us for support in the coming weeks. Right now, for most, that means staying home. Use the magic of the interwebz if you can to brighten someone's day.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Will keep everyone updated. Once I’m healthy I’ll tell you why my work is where the blame lies and I’m going to sue them. And contribute some moneys to sign clowney Anderson and whoever else we need lol but thank you everyone truly!

Alot of works are to blame for the spread of this outbreak. The truth is that we as a country were not prepared for this. Instead of stocking up on supplies we watched it spread in china from the safety of our homes and did nothing to prepare. Now it is here and we don't have enough supplies for the first week. Hospitals are literally out of masks and their employees now need to expose themselves to the virus with no protection. This was not an issue of your job failing you as much as it's an issue of our country failing us to be properly prepared for a situation like this because we all believe we are invincible until we find out we are not.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Post of the Week 1

55 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

The way it worked for me, I called urgy care from my house told them I was in contact with a confirmed positive and that I had a fever, because I was in contact with a confirmed positive I was eligible. They gave me an appointment and a phone number. I was told to call when I was in the lot and they told me when to come in. 
FTR if I wasn’t in contact with a confirmed positive I would not have been eligible for a test with just a fever. They are prioritizing the testing

Yeah you did it perfect.  I work in a hospital and literally the worst thing a person can do is show up unannounced.  We literally have primary care doctors telling patients to walk into the ED without calling ahead bc they don't want to deal with it.  Idiots

11 hours ago, NYallDay said:

I’m 33 live with my wife, son of 7 months, mom dad and sister and myself mom and dad all tested positive. Tested on Glenn Island, new Rochelle. Took 2 days for results. I had symptoms last Thursday and Friday but have been fine since Monday.

Freaking out

you'll be fine.  Right now the death rate in America is about 1%, and its probably much lower than that as the number of people who have it are actually much higher than the number of "confirmed cases". Don't freak out.

Yeah you did it perfect.  I work in a hospital and literally the worst thing a person can do is show up unannounced.  We literally have primary care doctors telling patients to walk into the ED without calling ahead bc they don't want to deal with it.  Idiots
All about liability. If the urgent Care or pcp tells that person go home and they die those doctors can be held liable. They should be telling people call the hospital instead of just show up. Working in the hospital you must know that there is no shortage of people who will come in for minor injuries or illnesses so for some of these people minor coughs or runny noses is enough for them to panic and show up on their own.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

you'll be fine.  Right now the death rate in America is about 1%, and its probably much lower than that as the number of people who have it are actually much higher than the number of "confirmed cases". Don't freak out.

Not worried about myself in the slightest. My son and father is my only concerns

3 minutes ago, NYallDay said:

Not worried about myself in the slightest. My son and father is my only concerns

your dad i can understand- but if he's healthy and has had not prior major medical issues such as respiratory illness or diabetes he should be fine.  The younger you are the less this affects people so your son should be okay.

This is why talking about games and seasons just doesn't feel the same anymore.

When people you know and are connected to(even distantly through a message board like this) having to deal with real world situations just trying to navigate through.  It makes it feel like the world has stopped turning.

I'm glad the symptoms subsided, and I pray for you and your family that the worst is over.  Stay well man.  We'll all be here to help you keep your mind off it as much as possible.

Chris

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, NYallDay said:

Wife and son have not been tested. Safe to assume they both have it

shouldn't they be tested?  Just for certainty?  Seems odd that testing for them hasn't been recommended.  My best wishes for you and family to have a full recovery.  

11 hours ago, fusionCA said:

First of all I wish you and your family fast recovery. 

I am freaking out as well , my wife just gave birth yesterday , we are coming home tomorrow. 

We are healthy but I dont know how a baby can react to getting infected , the doctors I asked here seems like they dont know 

Congratulations @fusionCA!!  

Boy or girl?

Tough times for everyone.  Job losses, retirement and savings disappearing, the world is really turning upside down.   It's a real challenge to keep your head and be a rock for family and friends.  Health is everything.  We will get through this if we all pull together and take care of ourselves, our families and our neighbors.  

If we protect our health workers they will protect us if we need them.  It's really that simple.  

Thanks for sharing your story.  It's important for all of us to know that getting this is real, normal and if we all pull together survivable.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

COVID RELATED

our fearless leaders Johnson and Johnson heirs, company worth 360billion...    has there been a peep about what they can do in this time of global need?

They have nothing to do with Johnson & Johnson any longer

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Damn. How do you think you got it, any idea? 
Welp, it’s always a nice distraction coming here and debating nonsense! Speedy recovery dude.

This whole "how do you think you got it" is tone deaf AF.  This was the question about 2 months ago.  You and everyone else need to realize: EVERYONE is walking around with COVID.  It's everywhere.  EVERYWHERE.  Get with the times and get with the program.  STAY THE HELL HOME.  Moronic.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

That makes complete sense.  I'm also seeing consistency across the healthcare system with this guidance.  That's a good sign.  Not sure if you're in NY, etc. but out here in Arizona I got the same guidance in an email today from my doctor's office.

396181561_ScreenShot2020-03-20at11_43_44AM.png.93f4da1881da5c72cd76e1e094e9a47f.png

1 hour ago, southtown24th said:

4% Death Rate ACROSS THE WORLD

That means if and when you get it, you have a 96% chance of surviving. 

That's a good number.

Yes and no. That's 4% of all cases. I'd have to imagine if you look at the 60+ demographic and eliminate anyone under that threshold the percentage is significantly higher.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Losmeister said:

COVID RELATED

our fearless leaders Johnson and Johnson heirs, company worth 360billion...    has there been a peep about what they can do in this time of global need?

Not their company.

• Upvote 1