OT: I just tested positive with COVID

Supposedly they’re telling people now due to the lack of (testing/man power?), That if there showing symptoms and have been in contact with a confirmed positive that they should assume they are positive also. 
This is second hand info but that’s what I ways told by someone this morning 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Taking the 2 year old into the Dr. here shortly.  Last night was very rough and this morning not much better.

Very difficult time breathing, but he often needs steroid treatment with a cold anyway.  Ultimately I don't think it's COVID, but the Dr. wants to see him.

He's on the mend.  If it's COVID, they didn't test him.  A few types of steroids and first dose of Zpack and he's breathing hellfire this afternoon (not really, still pretty subdued, but much better).

I'll tell you what though, it was a creepy trip.  Just from an visual stand point. Hardly any traffic. Had to drive through 5  essentially empty levels of a hospital parking ramp, and then we were the the only souls in his pediatricians office outside of workers.  Really felt like an apocalypse movie.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

16 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

The media has done such a good job of scaring the sh*t out of everyone that anyone I speak to that finds out I have the virus give me condolences like I have one foot out the door. 

Agreed.  They are making it worse.  Yes it’s something we need to take serious but they are making it out to be even worse and it’s making people crazy.  As long as people follow the mandate and avoid big gathering for a while longer this will pass.  

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

He's on the mend.  If it's COVID, they didn't test him.  A few types of steroids and first dose of Zpack and he's breathing hellfire this afternoon (not really, still pretty subdued, but much better).

I'll tell you what though, it was a creepy trip.  Just from an visual stand point. Hardly any traffic. Had to drive through 5  essentially empty levels of a hospital parking ramp, and then we were the the only souls in his pediatricians office outside of workers.  Really felt like an apocalypse movie.  

you seem calm .. i dont know how you do that lol

i have a 3 day old baby (got back home yesterday) which is doing great  but i am scared sh*tless to infect him...so i am not leaving the house for the next 3 months hahaha 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, fusionCA said:

i have a 3 day old baby (got back home yesterday) which is doing great  but i am scared sh*tless to infect him...so i am not leaving the house for the next 3 months hahaha 

Congratulations.  Yes once you have a child you become so overprotective.  I know it’s a scary time but things will get better and he will be ok as will you 

3 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

Congrats brother.  Cherish the time at home.  That may be a blessing in disguise of all this for you, a little extra time at home the first few months.  It will all turn out well and you'll have a story to tell him the rest of his life to show him what a dad is being all about.

32 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

When I was sick in January the tamiflu did jacksh*t lol but when they finally gave me the steroid and zpack I felt better. Stay healthy and best wishes bro.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I know alot of people are scared but as predicted as more people are test the fatality rates are dropping fast and now there is multiple places reporting chloroquine or something like that curing the virus.

The devastation  and huge over reaction by media and state gov to this virus is embarrassing, a needless panic. It's sad. But the Chinese carona virus panic will soon be ending and I hope anyone with it can get the "new" cure soon.

Forget fatality rate for a second.  The number of deaths is increasing rapidly.  That's the important thing.  Every day MORE lives are lost even though the fatality rate as a % of those testing positive is decreasing.  Fatality rate doesn't change the actual number and it is increasing at a frightening pace.  I care about those lives.  This is not overblown as you are implying. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

US #CoronaVirusDeathRate by date:

4.06% March 8 (22 deaths of 541 known cases)

3.69% March 9 (26 of 704)

3.01% March 10 (30 of 994)

2.95% March 11 (38 of 1,295)

2.52% March 12 (42 of 1,695)

2.27% March 13 (49 of 2,247)

G 1.93% March 14 (57 of 2,954)

1.84% March 15 (68 of 3,680)

1.82% March 16 (85 of 4661)

1.70% March 17 (109 of 6,411)

1.62% March 18 (150 of 9,259)

1.50% March 19 (207 of 13,789)

1.32% March 20 (256 of 19,383)

The 19,383 number is of about 195,000 tests (per VP Pence)

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, thebuzzardman said:

The more commentary I read about the coronavirus in online forums, the more comfortable I am with the idea of it wiping us all out. 

In fact, if anything, it's taking too damn long. 

This isn’t the extinction event, but it’s probably closer than anyone is comfortable admitting.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

38 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Forget fatality rate for a second.  The number of deaths is increasing rapidly.  That's the important thing.  Every day MORE lives are lost even though the fatality rate as a % of those testing positive is decreasing.  Fatality rate doesn't change the actual number and it is increasing at a frightening pace.  I care about those lives.  This is not overblown as you are implying. 

more people die annually from Pancreatic Cancer than will die from COVID-19 yet you don't read about every person afflicted with that terrible disease.   The same is true of just about every disease.   

The best news I read today is that they seem to be having success with the Malaria treatment.   Once there is a treatment (not a vaccine) it's time to let the virus run it's course before we financially cripple our country for a generation.   At some point the cure is worse than the disease and we, as a people cannot hide inside forever.   

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1

19 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

more people die annually from Pancreatic Cancer than will die from COVID-19 yet you don't read about every person afflicted with that terrible disease.   The same is true of just about every disease.   

The best news I read today is that they seem to be having success with the Malaria treatment.   Once there is a treatment (not a vaccine) it's time to let the virus run it's course before we financially cripple our country for a generation.   At some point the cure is worse than the disease and we, as a people cannot hide inside forever.   

The malaria drug forces zinc into the cells, it may help as a treatment, but ideally you want to be getting the proper daily amount of zinc before you are infected. You don't hear much about minerals, but that's how big pharma wants it.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

The malaria drug forces zinc into the cells, it may help as a treatment, but ideally you want to be getting the proper daily amount of zinc before you are infected. You don't hear much about minerals, but that's how big pharma wants it.

You don’t know what you’re talking about. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

On 3/20/2020 at 6:13 PM, Anthony Jet said:

Wouldn’t the mortality rate drop significantly if everyone that did have it actually was tested?

Yes it's been spreading like wildfire since January, everyone already has it everywhere and we only dont know because of lack of testing. Also the death total in this country is going to sky rocket to 7M+ from a couple hundred now  despite avg time to mortality being 22 days.  And this is somehow congruent with the everybody has it / spreading like wildfire since January / testing coverup / high CFR  stuff I said earlier 

Also best to you and your brother 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Only 10% of tests have come back positive here in US. 

That number needs to be higher.  We're testing too many schmoes who need to be tested for the flu or allergies first.  We're not targeting the right people and/or giving the test too liberally IMO.

2 hours ago, LionelRichie said:

You can't catch Pancreatic Cancer from someone shaking your hand.  That's why you don't see a massive public communication effort.  We're hearing about Coronavirus and going through all of these arduous steps because the spread of this disease is actually preventable.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

That number needs to be higher.  We're testing too many schmoes who need to be tested for the flu or allergies first.  We're not targeting the right people and/or giving the test too liberally IMO.

At the same time there are reports of urgent care places lying about how many they are testing while refusing to test. One in Hawaii was shut down after refusing two tourists tests. They flew home to Colorado and tested positive.

23 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

You don’t know what you’re talking about. 

He is right; chloroquine opens ion channels in the membrane.  This allows zinc ions to enter the cells and disrupt replication of the virus.  We are not sure yet if it is effective though. 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, CTM said:

Yes it's been spreading like wildfire since January, everyone already has it everywhere and we only dont know because of lack of testing. Also the death total in this country is going to sky rocket to 7M+ from a couple hundred now  despite avg time to mortality being 22 days.  And this is somehow congruent with the everybody has it / spreading like wildfire since January / testing coverup / high CFR  stuff I said earlier 

Also best to you and your brother 

True...estimates that 89,000 people have already been infected since January 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mark78 said:

He is right; chloroquine opens ion channels in the membrane.  This allows zinc ions to enter the cells and disrupt replication of the virus.  We are not sure yet if it is effective though. 

So in addition to eating right, sleeping well, staying hydrated and socially distant while not smoking....the other thing we should be doing is taking more Zinc?  How much?

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

So in addition to eating right, sleeping well, staying hydrated and socially distant while not smoking....the other thing we should be doing is taking more Zinc?  How much?

In theory, the zinc is effective if it can enter your cells, hence the malaria drug, which allows entry...people are dying, worth a study

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1