$8M per year for Melvin Gordon.....Macc you @$%@%$ !!

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Le'Veon Bell was considering his options in FA last year.  On one line he had Mike Maccagnan.  On the other he had Mitch McClagnan.  The bidding war was intense!

I’m still amazed Maccagnan gave Bell all that money when there was so little competition for Bell.  It’s utterly disgraceful.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

I’m still amazed Maccagnan gave Bell all that money when there was so little competition for Bell.  It’s utterly disgraceful.  

Yup, that's the point.  Acquiring Bell was something I was never against.  He's a talent and still has some mileage.  It was always the $$$ I wasn't thrilled about.

It's the same situation with other good players.  Look at Robby...or even Jamal.  It's not a question about whether there's a good role for them on this team, it's about how much they'll cost.  Haven't heard anyone say they wouldn't want Robby for $8-9M per year.  Almost nobody wants him for $14M per year.

Bell at $9-10M per season would have a lot of fans here.  At $13.5M it gets a lot of us thinking about opportunity cost....and how that $4M difference would help bring another player onboard.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Adam Gase, 2020 Coach Of The Year
Le'Veon Bell, 2020 Comeback Player Of The Year
New York Jets, 2020 AFC East Champions

SAR I

Your unbridled optimism is fantastic.  Don't ever change.  But I have to say, whenever I read one of your posts like this the first thing that comes to mind is....

"Iraq is winning the war against the infidels.  We are turning them back in their tanks like weeping schoolgirls.  They are running back to America like the little chickens that they are."

bagdad-bob.jpg.d28c146a0007dada695b3cdfd8e5a199.jpg

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Yup, that's the point.  Acquiring Bell was something I was never against.  He's a talent and still has some mileage.  It was always the $$$ I wasn't thrilled about.

It's the same situation with other good players.  Look at Robby...or even Jamal.  It's not a question about whether there's a good role for them on this team, it's about how much they'll cost.  Haven't heard anyone say they wouldn't want Robby for $8-9M per year.  Almost nobody wants him for $14M per year.

Bell at $9-10M per season would have a lot of fans here.  At $13.5M it gets a lot of us thinking about opportunity cost....and how that $4M difference would help bring another player onboard.

Not that I don't disagree with your post, because I do.....but have you seen this free agency period? An extra $4M isn't the difference in talented FA's coming to this team.

9 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Not that I don't disagree with your post, because I do.....but have you seen this free agency period? An extra $4M isn't the difference in talented FA's coming to this team.

We just re-signed our starting Nickel CB (Poole) for $5M and last year's starting ILB (Hewitt) for $2M.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

As most NY teams do with FA's, Jets were feverishly bidding against themselves -- hell bent on winning the negotiations at any price. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

There were a couple of the special SOJF on here that were slobbering about how Bell was going to be monster..then slowly the switched to narrative of 'you have to wait he hasn't played so you can't expect him to dominate in September' to their final and current narrative of 'Gase didn't want Bell' which they initially refused to believe when the rumors were coming out while Max was still here.

Good to see those same people still spouting similarly...iffy, we'll go with iffy, ideas. 

33 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Your unbridled optimism is fantastic.  Don't ever change.  But I have to say, whenever I read one of your posts like this the first thing that comes to mind is....

"Iraq is winning the war against the infidels.  We are turning them back in their tanks like weeping schoolgirls.  They are running back to America like the little chickens that they are."

bagdad-bob.jpg.d28c146a0007dada695b3cdfd8e5a199.jpg

who can forget bahgdad bob.

• Post of the Week 1