JetNation 2020 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

Kansas City complete: @maury77

1 32 32 590 Kansas City Chiefs Maury77 Ross Blacklock TCU IDL    
3 5 69 245 Kansas City Chiefs Maury77 Cameron Dantzler Miss. State CB   From Car
3 32 96 116 Kansas City Chiefs Maury77 Troy Dye Oregon LB    
4 32 138 36.5 Kansas City Chiefs Maury77 Ke'Shawn Vaughn Vanderbilt RB    
5 6 152 30.2 Kansas City Chiefs Maury77 Amik Robertson Louisiana Tech CB   From CAR
5 31 177 20.2 Kansas City Chiefs Maury77 Trevon Hill Miami (Fla.) EDGE    

Las Vegas complete: @Patriot Killa

1 12 12 1200 Las Vegas Raiders PatriotKilla Jerry Jeudy Alabama WR  
1 19 19 875 Las Vegas Raiders PatriotKilla A.J. Terrell Clemson CB via CHI
3 16 80 190 Las Vegas Raiders PatriotKilla Ashtyn Davis California S  
3 17 81 185 Las Vegas Raiders PatriotKilla Jordan Elliott Missouri IDL via CHI
3 27 91 136 Las Vegas Raiders PatriotKilla Kenny Willekes Michigan St. EDGE via SEA thru HOU
4 15 121 52 Las Vegas Raiders PatriotKilla Lamical Perine Florida RB  
5 13 159 27.4 Las Vegas Raiders PatriotKilla Yasir Durant Missouri IOL  

Eagles complete: @kdels62

1 21 21 800 Philadelphia Eagles Kdels62 Tee Higgins Clemson WR  
2 21 53 370 Philadelphia Eagles Kdels62 Curtis Weaver Boise St. EDGE  
3 39 103 88 Philadelphia Eagles Kdels62 Van Jefferson Florida WR  
4 21 127 45 Philadelphia Eagles Kdels62 Jordyn Brooks Texas Tech LB  
4 39 145 33 Philadelphia Eagles Kdels62 Jack Driscoll Auburn OT  
4 40 146 32.6 Philadelphia Eagles Kdels62 K'Von Wallace Clemson S  
5 22 168 23.8 Philadelphia Eagles Kdels62 Casey Toohill Stanford EDGE via NE
6 11 190 15 Philadelphia Eagles Kdels62 Davion Taylor Colorado OLB via ATL

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

love the 2 WR's picked.  definitely addressed an area that has lacked for a while for philly.  D-Jax/Higgins/Jefferson/Jeffery is a solid group.  add in Arcega-Whiteside with Miles Sanders and Ertz/Goedert, thats a good lookin O.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, King P said:

@Lith

How fitting that it was you that traded with me, which in turn allowed me to pick (another) 1 of your boys.

That's 4 Bulldogs for me lol

Just as long as this does not happen for real in a few weeks.  Would hate to see that many Dawgs heading to Miami.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Lith said:

Hoarding late round picks won’t matter when I don’t score the draft this year. Maybe it is with everything else going on right now, but I am not planning on taking the time to score this thing. Started out as a fun little way to compare our drafts to the NFL. But the truth is the winner is usually just lucky. Someone picks a guy or two late that goes much earlier than anyone expected.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

Sounds like the Ape ruined it.

26 minutes ago, section314 said:

@Dcat nice pick with Pinkney. I was baffled as to how long he was still on the board.

Not my pick.  The ape-man sent it in. 

Don't be baffled.  He was by far the slowest TE at the combine.  Dangerously slow.  This is why he will drop down to late day 3 and the only reason:

40 Yard Dash

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Not my pick.  The ape-man sent it in. 

Don't be baffled.  He was by far the slowest TE at the combine.  Dangerously slow.  This is why he will drop down to late day 3 and the only reason:

40 Yard Dash

I think anybody who gets this kid, especially this late in the draft, will be very well rewarded.

3 minutes ago, section314 said:

I think anybody who gets this kid, especially this late in the draft, will be very well rewarded.

could be.  I like what I saw on the little bit of Vandy games I saw, but I didn't focus on him much

• Upvote 1

Tampa Bay complete:  @Matt39

1 14 14 1100 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Matt39 Isaiah Simmons Clemson LB
2 13 45 450 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Matt39 Prince Tega Wanogho Auburn OT
3 12 76 210 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Matt39 Noah Igbinoghene Auburn CB
4 11 117 60 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Matt39 Alex Highsmith Charlotte EDGE
4 33 139 36 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Matt39 Darrynton Evans App. St. RB
5 15 161 26.6 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Matt39 Alex Taylor SC State OT
6 15 194 13.4 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Matt39 Carter Coughlin Minnesota EDGE
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, section314 said:

He was being touted as a potential first or second rounder after his junior year.  But lack of athelticism and limited production his senior year really hurt his draft stock.  I also think he has battled injury some throughout his career,   To me, he is a blocking TE who will likely have a role as a #2 TE, but I don't see him as the guy.  I thought about him last round, but I went with Asiasi instead who I think will be more of a receiving threat at the next level.

@Lith

Funny thing is I'm hearing the Jets really like Cager. They flew down to Athens to meet with him and had a 2nd meeting (with a private workout) planned before Covid-19.

I'm smitten with Cager (in the way that @Paradis is with TEs lol). If we could get him on Day 3, we're getting a steal if he can stay healthy 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, King P said:

@Lith

Funny thing is I'm hearing the Jets really like Cager. They flew down to Athens to meet with him and had a 2nd meeting (with a private workout) planned before Covid-19.

I'm smitten with Cager (in the way that @Paradis is with TEs lol). If we could get him on Day 3, we're getting a steal if he can stay healthy 

Fun fact: My first optioned screenplay took place in Athens, despite not knowing a thing about it's significance to UGA... just a finger down on the map.... And speaking of UGA receivers... you know who i really liked that flew under the radar? J. Wims... he has all the talent in the world, and continues to show that in CHI whenevver he's on the field... he needs to be starting opposite to A-Rob and move Miller into the slot... Bears have how many Georgia receivers now?.... 3? 

Adam Trautman, round 3. Make it happen Dougie

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Dcat said:

Mmmm. I love my draft. I chose athletes at the end in positions of need but I think I have solid contributors through round 4. The Eagles have been bad at drafting for a few years now and i wanted to create depth and get ready to dump big contracts. Driscoll fits the Eagles mold for tackles and Brooks and Weaver fill needs.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

Mmmm. I love my draft. I chose athletes at the end in positions of need but I think I have solid contributors through round 4. The Eagles have been bad at drafting for a few years now and i wanted to create depth and get ready to dump big contracts. Driscoll fits the Eagles mold for tackles and Brooks and Weaver fill needs.

I love the pick of Davion Taylor......his numbers are off the charts.

2 minutes ago, RobR said:

Couple of interesting picks just coming off the board with @32EBoozer and @New York Mick. I like both selections and they were on my short list. Coe scares me a bit because he lost his starting job and definitely has some headcase concerns but at this point I think it's a good gamble.

IIRC the draft guys, last year, thought Coe was set to be a high pick in this draft. He must have really fallen off

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, RobR said:

Couple of interesting picks just coming off the board with @32EBoozer and @New York Mick. I like both selections and they were on my short list. Coe scares me a bit because he lost his starting job and definitely has some headcase concerns but at this point I think it's a good gamble.

Coe had 0 sacks in 2019 after having a rock solid 2018 season.  Discipline issues too I think.  He's a risk. But it's round 6, not round 2 or 3 .....grumble...grumble.....polite....grumble

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

IIRC the draft guys, last year, thought Coe was set to be a high pick in this draft. He must have really fallen off

His sophomore year was good but he sh*t the bed last season. He should of went back to school. 
1/3 of his tackles are for loss but he doesn’t have many sacks. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Coe had 0 sacks in 2019 after having a rock solid 2018 season.  Discipline issues too I think.  He's a risk. But it's round 6, not round 2 or 3 .....grumble...grumble.....polite....grumble

It's because he wasn't a starter in 2019. I do remember watching some Auburn games and he stood out to me.....definitely worth a gamble at this point. He was on my radar but I don't think he fits what the Steelers are looking for.

11 minutes ago, RobR said:

It's because he wasn't a starter in 2019. I do remember watching some Auburn games and he stood out to me.....definitely worth a gamble at this point. He was on my radar but I don't think he fits what the Steelers are looking for.

they even benched him at one point. 

21 minutes ago, RobR said:

If he would of continued his sophomore year into his junior year he would of been a day one pick. Not sure what happened that got him benched.