JetNation 2020 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

13 minutes ago, King P said:

I wish I was staying at home, but I still have work because I'm an "essential"

Was working last night, just woke up. My apologies for holding you guys up

No need to apologize.  I honestly don't care about guys taking the whole time within the rules.  As long as they aren't just doing it to be dicks.  That and the guys that just miss picks.  I had to do that once, but I think I warned people and Lith, DCat, Mick or one of the good guys did it for me.  My actual point was that it looked like I might be picking on Tuesday and then all of a sudden I was on deck. 

Sorry that you have to go in.  They keep telling me that I will have to go in at some point, but then they cancel it the day before.  I will probably have to go in for a day this week, but they just closed the roads around the national mall.  I don't know how that is going to work.  I actually find it easier to keep up from the office.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, King P said:

I wish I was staying at home, but I still have work because I'm an "essential"

Was working last night, just woke up. My apologies for holding you guys up

No worries.  I appeciate you sending in your pick.  I knew you were looking to trade and there was one offer mentioned in the discussion thread, so I wanted to give you the full 3 hours in case you were working on something.  Did not want to ninja you by making the pick early.

14 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

No need to apologize.  I honestly don't care about guys taking the whole time within the rules.  As long as they aren't just doing it to be dicks.  That and the guys that just miss picks.  I had to do that once, but I think I warned people and Lith, DCat, Mick or one of the good guys did it for me.  My actual point was that it looked like I might be picking on Tuesday and then all of a sudden I was on deck. 

Agreed, it is really the missed picks that drive me crazy.  We understand that things come up and sometimes it can't be helped, but when someone misses a pick, or time is winding down, we try to make as good a pick as possible.  The four of us touch base on options, review the team's roster, what moves they have made, scheme and such.  It takes a lot of time, on top of what we already spend on this thing.  And it gets even worse when someone misses a pick, doesn't like who we gave them and is a dick about it.  Which seems to happen once every year.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

No worries.  I appeciate you sending in your pick.  I knew you were looking to trade and there was one offer mentioned in the discussion thread, so I wanted to give you the full 3 hours in case you were working on something.  Did not want to ninja you by making the pick early.

Agreed, it is really the missed picks that drive me crazy.  We understand that things come up and sometimes it can't be helped, but when someone misses a pick, or time is winding down, we try to make as good a pick as possible.  The four of us touch base on options, review the team's roster, what moves they have made, scheme and such.  It takes a lot of time, on top of what we already spend on this thing.  And it gets even worse when someone misses a pick, doesn't like who we gave them and is a dick about it.  Which seems to happen once every year.

I remember last year, it was early in the 1st round, and someone missed their pick. You gave them Q, and have been in the witness protection program since, right??

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Agree.  And sorry about jump starting it a couple of days before we were originally going to start it.  It was on impulse to go a couple days early.  And I concur that if we set the clock at 3 hours, then, IMO, we should not complain when anyone takes 3 hours.  I want it to go faster too, but these are the parameters we set and I'm fine with it.  If we don't like it, then someone should propose changing the clock.  

Sorry that you have to go in.  They keep telling me that I will have to go in at some point, but then they cancel it the day before.  I will probably have to go in for a day this week, but they just closed the roads around the national mall.  I don't know how that is going to work.  I actually find it easier to keep up from the office.

Stay safe!

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Agree.  And sorry about jump starting it a couple of days before we were originally going to start it.  It was on impulse to go a couple days early.  And I concur that if we set the clock at 3 hours, then, IMO, we should not complain when anyone takes 3 hours.  I want it to go faster too, but these are the parameters we set and I'm fine with it.  If we don't like it, then someone should propose changing the clock.  

Stay safe!

I think it was a good idea to start it early, but I didn't see much about it.  I've been here, so I thought I would have seen a little more about it.  I defer to your guys about the clocks and everything.  You put so much more work into it than I do that I will do it whatever way you guys think is best. 

I will say that I think that it is odd to give more time for the 1st round than the latter rounds.  In the 1st, you know who was picked and have probably had months to figure your favorites.  By the later rounds, sometimes it takes me half an hour just to figure out which of my targets has been picked and then you have to do a little more research on guys you might like.

As for making the picks for people, I hope I wasn't one of the complainers.  I probably whined a little.  I think you guys got me Jamarco Jones and Tegray Scales that didn't make it out of camp in the 3rd and 4th.  I mentioned it because I am a size/speed guy and  Scales was slow and small.  I can come off as a bit of a whiner, but I don't take anything too seriously.  I would have busted on someone picking him for their own team. I wasn't there, so you guys had every right to pick trash for me, rather than a highly regarded player with an athletic profile that I didn't like 

19 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Whoa.  I can think of a few people I'd like to see experience that.  Gravity and physics like never before.  

Smart money keeps its mouth shut when bungee jumping in a port-a-potty.

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think it was a good idea to start it early, but I didn't see much about it.  I've been here, so I thought I would have seen a little more about it.  I defer to your guys about the clocks and everything.  You put so much more work into it than I do that I will do it whatever way you guys think is best. 

I will say that I think that it is odd to give more time for the 1st round than the latter rounds.  In the 1st, you know who was picked and have probably had months to figure your favorites.  By the later rounds, sometimes it takes me half an hour just to figure out which of my targets has been picked and then you have to do a little more research on guys you might like.

As for making the picks for people, I hope I wasn't one of the complainers.  I probably whined a little.  I think you guys got me Jamarco Jones and Tegray Scales that didn't make it out of camp in the 3rd and 4th.  I mentioned it because I am a size/speed guy and  Scales was slow and small.  I can come off as a bit of a whiner, but I don't take anything too seriously.  I would have busted on someone picking him for their own team. I wasn't there, so you guys had every right to pick trash for me, rather than a highly regarded player with an athletic profile that I didn't like 

Smart money keeps its mouth shut when bungee jumping in a port-a-potty.

It makes sense to provide more time in the first 3 rounds because many more trade discussions happening than later in the draft, and the back and forth takes more time.  TBH, after rd 5, I'm reading and frantically lookinig for even a highlight reel of whom I am about to pick.  I don't even think about trades unless someone wants to give me more picks or there happens to be a player down on that list that I have my eye on.   I can do that in half hour and make a Jetsy wild guess.   

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, section314 said:

@jgb Interesting pick for them. Kid is a stud CB, but thought you would go OT to replace Conklin. Guess you and your scouts stayed true to your board.?

Gladney the real deal—let’s hope the guys I’m targeting are around next round...

Now I know how Macc must’ve felt ? 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Titans time is up

Technically teams have as long as they want so long as no one turns their card in first ;)

10 minutes ago, Lith said:

He just responded to my PM reminder and he is online. 

Lets give him a few minutes to make his pick.

Thanks major connectivity issues in Germany today. Everyone working from home/watching Netflix.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, section314 said:

@Lith stole this guy @30!

Anyone who watched the Packers last year could see how badly they needed another WR.  I never thought he was gonna get past Denver at 28, especially after Paradis started that thread listing Higgins, Jefferson, Mims and Ruggs as possiblities at 11.  The other 3 guys were gone. I was sure he was coming off the board to Denver and @Paradis.  Thought about trying to trade up, but I was comfortable with plan B and C if it came down to it.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Anyone who watched the packers last year could see how badly they needed ntoher WR.  I never thought he was gonna get past Denver at 28, especially after Paradis started that thread listing Higgins, Jefferson, Mims and Ruggs as possiblities at 11.  The other 3 guys were gone. I was sure he was coming off the board to Denver.  Thought about trying to trade up, but I was comfortable with plan B and C if it came down to it.

I bet he goes higher in the real thing. You just got the Pack their next James Lofton.

• Upvote 2

On 3/22/2020 at 5:14 PM, Pac said:

Hey Fyi the Stupid Ape, aka Integrity28 is on vacation (aka banned) for a bit but he will still be putting his picks in the google doc or whatever..  I have no idea what any of that means but I said I'd relay his dumb message.

Thanks.  If you have a way to reach Integrity, can you PM me his contact info so we can try to keep this moving.

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

Thanks.  If you have a way to reach Integrity, can you PM me his contact info so we can try to keep this moving.

If he's banned maybe it would better to replace him with someone else until he is back online so we don't delay this draft any further. I could pick up his picks if needed.