JetNation 2020 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

10 minutes ago, RobR said:

Love the Kenneth Murray pick @HawkeyeJet. Whenever I watched OU he was all over the field making plays and should go in the first......at least I have him graded there. Talked a bunch about him in the game day threads.

He's a savage.  If he played for a Big Ten or SEC team where the no defense stigma didn't exist, he could go in the top 20 potentially.  Maybe that's a bit if hyperbole, but I think it's true to a certain extent.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Eason also will craft an 8 year career wearing a ball cap.   ?

In retrospect, I should have gone interior OL or WR, but I think the Panthers are slow-walking this season anyway and Eason is a viable QB prospect. I was going to take one of the top ILBs, but they both came off the board right ahead of me. Bridgewater was signed to what’s effectively a one+ year deal, and they signed the XFL QB, but given that they’ve lost a bunch of talent and aren’t signing anyone of note, I’d say they’re on a semi-tank for Trevor mission, and Eason doesn’t stand in the way of that at all, but he’s QB-of-the-future insurance if Bridgewater somehow wins them eight games. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

In retrospect, I should have gone interior OL or WR, but I think the Panthers are slow-walking this season anyway and Eason is a viable QB prospect. I was going to take one of the top ILBs, but they both came off the board right ahead of me. Bridgewater was signed to what’s effectively a one+ year deal, and they signed the XFL QB, but given that they’ve lost a bunch of talent and aren’t signing anyone of note, I’d say they’re on a semi-tank for Trevor mission, and Eason doesn’t stand in the way of that at all, but he’s QB-of-the-future insurance if Bridgewater somehow wins them eight games. 

What's the difference between Jacob Eason and Josh Allen? 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Josh Allen was the seventh overall pick and Eason was the 38th overall pick?

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Rushing yards.

lol - I cant act like I watched any of Josh Allen in the college except his bowl game but they just seem like the same dude...big oafy doofus with cannon arm and some athletic ability but zero knowledge how to be a QB.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

lol - I cant act like I watched any of Josh Allen in the college except his bowl game but they just seem like the same dude...big oafy doofus with cannon arm and some athletic ability but zero knowledge how to be a QB.

I watched a lot of Eason when he was with the Dawgs (obviously),  While I recognize that was his true freshman year, the lasting memory I have of him is missing open receivers.  He made the occasional big play, but the he left a ton of plays on the field.  On the other hand, he had a reputation as a great kid throughout the program.  Even after he lost his job to Fromm.  Was a flippant little comment, but in my mind he is very similar to Josh Allen, except for the legs.  Big arm, good kid, well-liked by teammates, lacks accuracy.  But he is not mobile.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Lith said:

I watched a lot of Eason when he was with the Dawgs (obviously),  While I recognize that was his true freshman year, the lasting memory I have of him is missing open receivers.  He made the occasional big play, but the he left a ton of plays on the field.  On the other hand, he had a reputation as a great kid throughout the program.  Even after he lost his job to Fromm.  Was a flippant little comment, but in my mind he is very similar to Josh Allen, except for the legs.  Big arm, good kid, well-liked by teammates, lacks accuracy.  But he is not mobile.  

That's my point.  I feel like besides Josh Allen's best ability, running the Football...they're kind of the same dude.  Just weird that Allen was projecting top 10 and Eason 2nd round.  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, JiF said:

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

Just for comparison’s sake, Eason has the one big season: 65% completions, 8 yards per attempt, and Allen was down at 56% completions, 6.7 ypa. There’s some stat that shows QBs who don’t hit the 60% mark in college never make it (for obvious reasons), but it’s also a thing that QBs with Eason’s limited playing experience don’t pan out either.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Just for comparison’s sake, Eason has the one big season: 65% completions, 8 yards per attempt, and Allen was down at 56% completions, 6.7 ypa. There’s some stat that shows QBs who don’t hit the 60% mark in college never make it (for obvious reasons), but it’s also a thing that QBs with Eason’s limited playing experience don’t pan out either.

For sure, they both have some kiss of death backgrounds to them as it pertains to projection in the NFL but I feel like the 2 years starting experience thing isnt as concrete as it once was, especially for a kid like Eason who started as a true freshman at Georgia.  It's not like a Sanchez/Trubisky situation. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

For sure, they both have some kiss of death backgrounds to them as it pertains to projection in the NFL but I feel like the 2 years starting experience thing isnt as concrete as it once was, especially for a kid like Eason who started as a true freshman at Georgia.  It's not like a Sanchez/Trubisky situation. 

As a prospect, he reminds me of Bryce Petty. I didn’t watch a ton of UW football, so I don’t know if their offense was as hinky as Briles’ Baylor O, but I think both players profile similarly

30 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Can't say that I watched Eason with UW; I am surprised by the 65% number.  And since we do not need a QB, I have not watched any film on him either.  He may be a better prospect today.  My opinion is rooted in what I saw in 2016.

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

Can't say that I watched Eason with UW; I am surprised by the 65% number.  And since we do not need a QB, I have not watched any film on him either.  He may be a better prospect today.  My opinion is rooted in what I saw in 2016.

As you know, I greatly respect your options on UGA players and I don’t doubt you for a second. There are many ways to inflate completion percentages and it’s not the be-all-end-all indicator of accuracy. 

• Upvote 2