JetNation 2020 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

We have reached the shelf where the talent level drops off. The big OTs, pass rushers, and WRs are off the board, and we’re left with the JAG prospects 

I’m trying to move up to grab one other player I liked. My whole plan for the draft was derailed by the Diggs trade. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

We have reached the shelf where the talent level drops off. The big OTs, pass rushers, and WRs are off the board, and we’re left with the JAG prospects 

Which explains why everyone is looking to trade back at this stage.  And why it appears there are no takers.

5 minutes ago, section314 said:

I agree, especially with who you took first. But that's why you get paid the big$.?

Jets fans are totally poisoned by anyone drafting an interior defensive lineman in the first couple of rounds.  I'm trying to be real here.  Judon is tagged and I doubt he's back in 2021.  Time to restock at the Edge.   

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Good choice .

I like Pittman.  He's not the speediest but his hands are great and he will win the large majority of jump balls.  He prides himself on route running, although I don';t see him as exceptional there.  It's his size and combativeness that I like the most.  He reminds me of a thicker Courtland Sutton.  WOuld have been good for the Ravens.  Although there is similarity to Boykin, last yrs 3rd round pick there.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Jets fans are totally poisoned by anyone drafting an interior defensive lineman in the first couple of rounds.  I'm trying to be real here.  Judon is tagged and I doubt he's back in 2021.  Time to restock at the Edge.   

This year, as opposed to last, seems to be thin at edge. We are only at pick 57?, and you just took one of the last impactful guys in that group.

12 minutes ago, section314 said:

This year, as opposed to last, seems to be thin at edge. We are only at pick 57?, and you just took one of the last impactful guys in that group.

i'm not even sure hes all that impactful.   The need is great and Judon will probably only last a year in Balt under the tag and Judon isn't all that great anyway.  They also desperately need ILB and WR.  

This was difficult, because interior DL was not an area of the most severe needs, but he was there for the pickings and it solidifies that line and rotation for a while. The rest of the DL is 30+ yrs old.  In the next 2 years they came really develop this kid to be dominant.  Just like what is supposed to happen with Q here. 

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Depending on whose opinions you trust, there is a IDL player still available who is in someones top 25.

But you won't see me taking him....I don't want to risk getting banned from this site.

• Haha 1

I honestly do not think the IDL is as much of an issues as people think IF you are getting value.  If you use a 3rd rounder on a DT and say  hey we had him rated top 25 people may wince but they would understand.  Using a top 10 pick on a DT has proven to be stupid.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

I honestly do not think the IDL is as much of an issues as people think IF you are getting value.  If you use a 3rd rounder on a DT and say  hey we had him rated top 25 people may wince but they would understand.  Using a top 10 pick on a DT has proven to be stupid.

The theory behind Kyle Brady over Sapp perhaps??

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

Depending on whose opinions you trust, there is a IDL player still available who is in someones top 25.

But you won't see me taking him....I don't want to risk getting banned from this site.

You see the last pick? You and I are influencing this draft.?

43 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Curtis Weaver is a guy who got sacks vs tiny schools and completely disappeared vs any team that had anything resembling a D1 offensive lineman. I’d be wary of that guy

I thought he had a top notch athletic profile, but he didn't reach the Seahawk requirements in broad, vertical, height, or arm length.  His agility times were good though.

17 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

For the 2nd year in a row the Dominator selects a big fast goofy WR from Notre Dame.  I was hoping to reach for Ezra Cleveland, but I didn't even sniff him.

I just spoke with Sam Darnold, he is not very happy with you right now.  Just thought I'd let you know.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, section314 said:

You playing him at TE?

I thought he tested well enough to play WR?  They are solid at TE with Dissly and Olsen. I figure you throw enough athletic guys on the field teams will struggle to cover 'em.  The tackles I would accept were off the board after Cleveland and Wilson.  Seahawks shored up CB with Dunbar, though I guess that means I sacrifice my 5th to @GREENBEANand the Redskins.  @Dcat @Lith who do I contact to surrender my pick?

Claypool tested elite.   He also had good production last year to back it up.   I am wary of great workout guys if they have no production but improving collegiate production each year, good production his last year (catches, yards, tds) and good testing is a good indicator for future imo.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I thought he tested well enough to play WR?  They are solid at TE with Dissly and Olsen. I figure you throw enough athletic guys on the field teams will struggle to cover 'em.  The tackles I would accept were off the board after Cleveland and Wilson.  Seahawks shored up CB with Dunbar, though I guess that means I sacrifice my 5th to @GREENBEANand the Redskins.  @Dcat @Lith who do I contact to surrender my pick?

Sheet is updated.  162 to Washington from Seattle due to Quinton Dunbar trade in NFL,

Thank you for being such a fine, honorable and upstanding gentleman by pointing this out to us.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I'll take it!   :=) 

I'm sure there's a solution 

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Claypool tested elite.   He also had good production last year to back it up.   I am wary of great workout guys if they have no production but improving collegiate production each year, good production his last year (catches, yards, tds) and good testing is a good indicator for future imo.

I would happy as hell and f the Jets get him. He’s a good all around player. 

• Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, Lith said:

Sheet is updated.  162 to Washington from Seattle due to Quinton Dunbar trade in NFL,

Thank you for being such a fine, honorable and upstanding gentleman by pointing this out to us.

9 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I'll take it!   :=) 

I'm sure there's a solution 

BOO!  Doesn't @#27TheDominator know that you have to cheat to win in this league?

TBT, I am happy to have Quinton Dunbar. Seahawks signed Dorsett.  If they stop testing for weed in the NFL and Gordon is reinstated Claypool could be superfluous, but damn these guys can run.

20 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

let me just tell everyone that not having a 2nd round pick has sucked the biggest balls ever.  I almost feel like I'm not playing!   I HATE IT!!!!

But hey I have 6 picks in the last 3 rds   hahaha

Guess you don't want to hear that this is a deep draft, huh?? I feel the same way...I have the Giants. I picked 36, don't pick again until 99. But, have 4 picks from 218-255. I think I get to pick Mr. Irrelevant. Maybe I'll ask the commissioners for a ruling that I can write in Gettleman for my last pick.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Packers run defense sucked last year.  Really wanted to add to their DL,

Was not happy to see the discussion of Gallmore earlier in the thread (even if he wasn't mentioned by name).  WIth so many people looking to trade down, I though about jumping up and getting him, but decided to stay put and hope either he or Madubuike would make it to me.  Both versatile DLs who can play multiple spots along the front.