JetNation 2020 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

16 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Hmmmm I actually disagree. 

He's a perfect 3rd rd talent.  Starter potential. Maybe later in the 3rd but I actually see him going late 2nd or right where I took him when the real draft takes place.  Plenty of teams are going to prioritize other positions but still want a tackle. Getting a player like Peart in the 3rd fits the bill nicely for a plan like that.  

But doesn’t he fit the profile Gase and JD are looking for? Long lean mobile athletic. 

29 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

But doesn’t he fit the profile Gase and JD are looking for? Long lean mobile athletic. 

Sure. and in general I don't see Peart as a reach in the 3rd. He's a good prospect just wouldn't want to start him out of the gate. 

If you're talking about the Jets specifically it still applies but I get the point.  He's actually pretty athletic. Ran a 5.07/40 with a 1.8 10 yd split and had a 30" Vertical. For such a big dude, those are pretty good #'s.  He had an 8.01 second 3 cone which is not not too bad for a man his size.  

He may actually fit the mold for a Gase Tackle prospect.  

But I think I misread your original point and for that I'm terribly sorry :)   

• Sympathy 2

7 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Sure. and in general I don't see Peart as a reach in the 3rd. He's a good prospect just wouldn't want to start him out of the gate. 

If you're talking about the Jets specifically it still applies but I get the point.  He's actually pretty athletic. Ran a 5.07/40 with a 1.8 10 yd split and had a 30" Vertical. For such a big dude, those are pretty good #'s.  He had an 8.01 second 3 cone which is not not too bad for a man his size.  

He may actually fit the mold for a Gase Tackle prospect.  

But I think I misread your original point and for that I'm terribly sorry :)   

You’re A gentleman and a scholar ?‍? 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Well, I don't feel so bad now.  I had considered Pittman and Peart.  Pittman was out after Claypool and Peart seemed a bit reachy to me.  I like him, but not that much more than some guys going later.  I'll probably regret that.

Funny.  I almost pulled the trigger on another fella I'm hoping is there at 108.  I doubt it. Especially the way the board is falling for me, but I made the decision that Peart would certainly not make it. And he's the last T I actually like to play T. I like Throckmorton but at G. So I did it.  Now I know you would have taken him at minimum lol 

I'm getting my ass kicked in this draft. I wanted to parlay the 2nd overall pick into more picks and I overslept for the first time in 5 years. oh well. :P 

Looks like that trade has ended the Titans draft.  They traded all of their remaining picks to Jacksonville to move up for Benjamin.  Tennessee Titans @jgb draft:

1 29 29 640 Tennessee Titans JGB Jeff Gladney TCU CB
2 29 61 292 Tennessee Titans JGB Lucas Niang TCU OT
3 9 73 225 Tennessee Titans JGB Eno Benjamin Arizona St. RB

Cannot remember anyone ever finishing in the middle of the 3rd round before.

• Upvote 2

After trading our 3rd, 5th, 6th and 7th to move up 20 spots in the 3rd, that concludes the 2020 draft for the Titans (we didn't have a 4th rounder).

1st round: Jeff Gladney, CB TCU

2nd round: Lucas Niang, RT TCU

3rd round: Eno Benjamin, RB Arizona State

Thanks @Lith @Dcat and @New York Mick for putting it all together in such a professional way. I look forward to watching the rest of the draft unfold!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

Looks like that trade has ended the Titans draft.  They traded all of their remaining picks to Jacksonville to move up for Benjamin.  Tennessee Titans @jgb draft:

winning charlie sheen GIF by Saturday Night Live

;) 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Lith said:

Look at the Titans...coming on strong to fill that huge hole they had at the RB position.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Look at the Titans...coming on strong to fill that huge hole they had at the RB position.

3rd down back is a huge need for them - Henry had a whopping 18 catches last year. Benjamin has that skillset in spades. Vrabel coming from Pats system can definitely make effective use of a guy like that. He is somewhere between James White and Alvin Kamara imho. He can also step into a three down role if Tenn lets Henry walk next season.

Lot of pro mocks have Titans taking him at #93. I have a feeling the (real) Bucs will consider him hard at #76 or trade down just ahead of Tenn in the 3rd and hope to get him there. As a GM sometimes you gotta trust your evals and go and get your guy, which is what I did here. 

10 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

It';s gotta be so much fun having the Jets for this thing huh? 

Actually, it's not.  Been there, done that on this board.  I like taking the Jets on other boards' mocks though.

That said, I am on my 3rd mock elsewhere and each time I have been able to snag an OT at pick 11.

I forgot who said it, but there is truth to how jaded these things are depending on the overall "home" team needs.  Jets need OTs so OTs fly off the board just a bit too extremely here.  I transferred it to a spreadsheet to track... I have the Jets and the Raiders. 

A friend of mine is in this one and I join every year... its a Ravens site.  (and the guy who picked Jeudy 2d is usually really good, so no explanation for that one.)

Bengals Ortizer Joe Burrow
Redskins QtR Nevermore Jerry Jeudy
Lions Laxdad24 Chase Young
Giants Culex Isaiah Simmons
Dolphins njravensfan Tristan Wirfs
Chargers Jonboy97 Tua Tagovailoa
Panthers HotInHere Jeffrey Okudah
Cardinals @SumthingObvious Jedrick Wills
Jaguars @SumthingObvious Derrick Brown
Browns BirdFanInNebraska Mekhi Becton
Jets Dcat Andrew Thomas
Raiders Dcat CeeDee Lamb
49ers BcRaven Javon Kinlaw
Buccaneers GWNR Josh Jones
Broncos 202Belden  
Falcons njravensfan  
Cowboys 202Belden  
Dolphins njravensfan  
Raiders Dcat  
Jaguars @SumthingObvious  
Eagles BcRaven  
Vikings WNCRavensFan  
Patriots Laxdad24  
Saints QtR Nevermore  
Vikings WNCRavensFan  
Dolphins njravensfan  
Seahawks BcRaven  
Ravens WNCRavensFan  
Titans HotInHere  
Packers Gjennings85  
49ers BcRaven  
Chiefs Culex  

20 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I forgot who said it, but there is truth to how jaded these things are depending on the overall "home" team needs.  Jets need OTs so OTs fly off the board just a bit too extremely here.  I transferred it to a spreadsheet to track... I have the Jets and the Raiders. 

Quoted for truth which is why I didn't look to fill RT in the first after a huge run on OL. Tried to trade up to get Niang earlier in the second, talks broke down, got lucky he fell to me so I could preserve capital to get Benjamin.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

reminds me a little of a particular past NY Jets draft that I have come to despise:

1 5 New York Jets Mark Sanchez  QB USC Pac-10 from Cleveland [R1 - 1]
  3 65 New York Jets Shonn Greene  RB Iowa Big Ten from Detroit [R3 - 1]
  6 193 New York Jets Matt Slauson  G Nebraska Big 12
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

If the Titans draft this guy, then Henry has one year left as a Titan unless you think they'd move up just to get a 3rd-down back?  Not sure I understand.

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

injuries removed him from my list.  

Yeah...big concern for the injuries, but he bounced back really well from the 2018 ACL.  The 2017 elbow injury, you hope it'w a freak injury, you don't hear about too many UCL's in the NFL.

Supposedly his med checks at the combine went well, so that gives me a little more confidence that the injury label on him might be a little overblown.

Notably, the kid from LSU, who everyone says is the second pass rusher off the board (I'm not even gonna try to spell his name), also missed all of 2018 with an ACL but no one seems too concerned about his injury history.

I seriously considered one of the Florida edge rushers, but after the JP incident last year, I wasn't going back down that path!

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

It';s gotta be so much fun having the Jets for this thing huh? 

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Actually, it's not.  Been there, done that on this board.  I like taking the Jets on other boards' mocks though.

Meh...it doesn't bother me that much for a couple of reasons:

1) I'm absolutely slaying this draft for the Jets so there hasn't been much criticism; and 

2) I don't care what half of you ****ers have to say anyway!

LOL

• Sympathy 2

16 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Lith stop just stop that’s twice you took my pick! Go play with your stat sheet.

6 minutes ago, section314 said:

I've seen that kid mocked to us in some spots.

He's was going to be my next pick for the Jets, but I had a feeling he wasn't going to make it to me.

Just like our run on Tackles early on, there's been a lot of buzz on AGG in the draft forum, which makes him a prime candidate to go a little earlier than he might in the actual draft.

• Upvote 1