JetNation 2020 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

49 minutes ago, Dcat said:

of course I was.  Darnold was gone.  I got us Mayfield + Sony Michel instead of just a QB.  I think I traded with @Paradis or was it @Beerfish?

Ha.  I remember not really liking your trade at the time, but he couldn't let it go.  I mean when another GM  picks Christian Hackenberg in the 2nd, do you smile and feel smugly satisfied that one more good player is on the board, or do you call up all the other GMs and complain non-stop for 3 days?

12 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

But doesn’t he fit the profile Gase and JD are looking for? Long lean mobile athletic. 

I think you're wrong.  I limited my tackle possibilities to long athletic dudes and he was on my list.  The Seahawks have very specific criteria and the only one Peart doesn't hit is the three cone where he is a tenth and a half slow.  I guess he is one rep shy on the bench.  He is extremely long.  His arms are like 2+" longer than most of these guys, and his wingspan like a half a foot more.  I don't think anybody actually looks for lean, they just accept it because they want the mobility.  

FWIW, the Jets and Seahawks have appeared to look for similar things.  They move linemen back and forth for years. Fant, Carpenter, Giacomini, Shell, Aboushi.  I don't think that is a complete conincidence.

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

He's was going to be my next pick for the Jets, but I had a feeling he wasn't going to make it to me.

Just like our run on Tackles early on, there's been a lot of buzz on AGG in the draft forum, which makes him a prime candidate to go a little earlier than he might in the actual draft.

I remember Ape saying he never does any homework on prospects until this draft thing happens here. Not sure he’d have read any of that stuff. I think he’s just a savant.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Need to share more of this story

That is basically the story.  Dcat made a trade.  Some of us didn't like it much.  Gato was very voacl and then would not give it up.  I think he was still relentlessly whining about it when we were in the 2nd round days later.  He wasn't even in the mock and he was told multpile times to knock it off or he would get banned and it became one of those tedious free speech arguments and away he went.  

I will always remember him as the first guy touting Crowder here in the 4th.  Crowder went right after Bryce Petty and a guy I took in the mock James Sample.

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

That is basically the story.  Dcat made a trade.  Some of us didn't like it much.  Gato was very voacl and then would not give it up.  I think he was still relentlessly whining about it when we were in the 2nd round days later.  He wasn't even in the mock and he was told multpile times to knock it off or he would get banned and it became one of those tedious free speech arguments and away he went.  

I will always remember him as the first guy touting Crowder here in the 4th.  Crowder went right after Bryce Petty and a guy I took in the mock James Sample.

So he was mad because he thought people were colluding in a mock draft? Who would even do that? ?

1 minute ago, teh God said:

I think he finished 1st and 3rd in this contest the past 2 years, and spent .01% of the amount of time on it than you.

@Integrity28 is that you? 

I think I am here all damn day and he is here more than me, so I don't believe that for a second.  I also don't make my picks to win the contest.  I make them as if I were really making them.

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

@Integrity28 is that you? 

I think I am here all damn day and he is here more than me, so I don't believe that for a second.  I also don't make my picks to win the contest.  I make them as if I were really making them.

I started "grading" the drafts as a fun way to see how our picks compared to the real NFL draft.  I think the idea that I "crown" a winner was probably a mistake as I think it has influenced the way some people draft.  Looking for value rather than making picks that make sense for the team they are drafting for.

Maybe from now on, I will just share the comparisons but no more "winners." 

Unless, of course, I am the winner, in which case I will stop crowning winners next year.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

So he was mad because he thought people were colluding in a mock draft? Who would even do that? ?

Most likely guesses are boredom or insanity.   If you want to check it out it was 2018.  

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/136705-jetnation-2018-mock-draft-discussion/page/2/

I post that without having checked what embarrassing things I said in the thread.  It was doubly bad, because DCat is one of the truly good dudes that put so much work into making the mock go smoothly.  

17 minutes ago, Lith said:

I started "grading" the drafts as a fun way to see how our picks compared to the real NFL draft.  I think the idea that I "crown" a winner was probably a mistake as I think it has influenced the way some people draft.  Looking for value rather than making picks that make sense for the team they are drafting for.

Unless, of course, I am the winner, in which case I will stop crowning winners next year.

I like the crowning of a winner.  It's the best we can do without waiting for ages.

It's just that, like the real draft, it takes 3 years to actually judge the draft.  I care more about then that right after when Cimini and Mehta give Maccagnan a B+ for landing "one of the draft's top pass rushers in the 3rd round."  Picking him could have gotten me points, but I had a do not touch grade. I tried to do a pro football reference AV rating review from 3years after, but it is time consuming.  I did compare Maccagnan to whoever did the Jets and Shane, and I(I was on the other site with you guys) vs. Schneider for the Seahawks once.   The Jets guy ( I think NYJetsVets) slaughtered Maccagnan.  I was close with the Seahawks. I was up, but they nudged me based on Carson late IIRC and they traded for more picks.  Shane destroyed them, with Kittle being his big hit.   

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Most likely guesses are boredom or insanity.   If you want to check it out it was 2018.  

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/136705-jetnation-2018-mock-draft-discussion/page/2/

I post that without having checked what embarrassing things I said in the thread.  It was doubly bad, because DCat is one of the truly good dudes that put so much work into making the mock go smoothly.  

Wow. I'm going with insanity.

You have nothing to be embarrassed of in that thread. That honor goes to @T0mShane and the steely confidence with which he selected Rosen at #2.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Maybe all Rosen needed was someone to believe in him that strongly...

Belief is easy to give. Too bad we draft a guy that needs lots of things to succeed: (1) weppinz; (2) a revamped OL; (3) a better HC; and (4) a dental dam

homer simpson episode 6 GIF

• Upvote 1

Cleveland Browns completed draft:

1 1 1 3000 Cleveland Browns NYJetsVets91 SAM DARNOLD USC QB  
4 1 4 1800 Cleveland Browns NYJetsVets91 MIKE MCGLINCHEY Notre Dame OT From Texans
33 2 1 580 Cleveland Browns NYJetsVets91 DERRIUS GUICE LSU RB  
35 2 3 550 Cleveland Browns NYJetsVets91 ISAIAH OLIVER Colorado CB From Texans
64 2 32 270 Cleveland Browns NYJetsVets91 DERRICK NNADI Florida State DT From Eagles
114 4 14 66 Cleveland Browns NYJetsVets91 DUKE EJIOFOR Wake Forest DE From Packers
150 5 13 31 Cleveland Browns NYJetsVets91 DARIOUS WILLIAMS UAB CB From Packers
186 6 12 16.6 Cleveland Browns NYJetsVets91 CHRIS HERNDON Miami TE  
205 6 31 9 Cleveland Browns NYJetsVets91 BYRON PRINGLE Kansas State WR From Patriots
239 7 21 1 Cleveland Browns NYJetsVets91 TREVON YOUNG Louisville EDGE

From Bills

?‍♂️

Meh...it doesn't bother me that much for a couple of reasons:
1) I'm absolutely slaying this draft for the Jets so there hasn't been much criticism; and 
2) I don't care what half of you ****ers have to say anyway!
LOL

Haha.

I would just like the potential to build our Jets within a live mock like this. Good stuff

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

7 hours ago, Lith said:

Looks like that trade has ended the Titans draft.  They traded all of their remaining picks to Jacksonville to move up for Benjamin.  Tennessee Titans @jgb draft:

1 29 29 640 Tennessee Titans JGB Jeff Gladney TCU CB
2 29 61 292 Tennessee Titans JGB Lucas Niang TCU OT
3 9 73 225 Tennessee Titans JGB Eno Benjamin Arizona St. RB

Cannot remember anyone ever finishing in the middle of the 3rd round before.

Sounds like Tannebaum for Shonn Green

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lith said:

lol  

But I really wanna WIN MAN!!!!   Post it if it's me too, ok?  

I  don;t see how it's possible at this point but I can dream. 

Dennard backing out from Jax kinda ruins my next couple of picks.. now I have to try to scramble for a serviceable CB but there's not much left at this point. There's Robertson out of Louisiana Tech who could potentially be a plug and play CB, but at 5'9 he's restricted to the slot. Any suggestions? ?‍♂️

Just now, NYJetsVets91 said:

Dennard backing out from Jax kinda ruins my next couple of picks.. now I have to try to scramble for a serviceable CB but there's not much left at this point. There's Robertson out of Louisiana Tech who could potentially be a plug and play CB, but at 5'9 he's restricted to the slot. Any suggestions? ?‍♂️

Maybe Samuels? ?