JetNation 2020 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

31 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Tyler Johnson is my pick for the late 2nd early 3rd tier most impactful receiver.

I said it before, some guy like this is going to end up being the best wr in the class.

Back to back WR's taken and 3 of last 4 with 86 88 and 89. I got the best one!  .JTJet can have Edwards. RobR can have P Jones. Tyler Johnson is the most underrated WR in this class.  Was sweating he'd be picked. Vikes secondary and OL is a mess and had to focus on that immediately with S McKinnley,  CB Diggs, C Badass.  The gamble has payed off!.  Got my guy to replace Stefon Diggs. Thx JTjet Rob R

Kid-Sticking-Tongue-Out.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Back to back WR's taken and 3 of last 4 with 86 88 and 89. I got the best one!  .JTJet can have Edwards. RobR can have P Jones. Tyler Johnson is the most underrated WR in this class.  Was sweating he'd be picked. Vikes secondary and OL is a mess and had to focus on that immediately with S McKinnley,  CB Diggs, C Badass.  The gamble has payed off!.  Got my guy to replace Stefon Diggs. Thx JTjet Rob R

I was eyeballing him and hoping he would continue his unrealistic slide.  Great pick!  He won't make it this far in the actual draft. 

Thing is I actually like Bryan Edwards better though. 

its funny. I had the Vikes last year and i they would have put my draft together they would be fine up front. Cody Ford and  Elton Jenkins !  Boom!!!  hahaha 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I was eyeballing him and hoping he would continue his unrealistic slide.  Great pick!  He won't make it this far in the actual draft. 

Thing is I actually like Bryan Edwards better though. 

its funny. I had the Vikes last year and i they would have put my draft together they would be fine up front. Cody Ford and  Elton Jenkins !  Boom!!!  hahaha 

Johnson > Edwards 

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I can assure Dcat that malik harrision is not darron Lee.....he is the boar hunter.

Actually nice pick, once again this is when a team should be going for this type of player not 21st overall.

rebuilding the front 7 there.  Got to replace the guy the jets took.  Peanut.  

Et tu, Dcat.

My  board hs been destroyed in the last few picks.  Started wtih one Harrison (Bryant) and ended with another one (Malik).  Every option I wanted at 94 flew off the board in the last 10 - 12 picks.  Thought about trading up last night and this AM but decided against it.

Not sure where to go now.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, Lith said:

My  board hs been destroyed in the last few picks.  Started wtih one Harrison (Bryant) and ended with another one (Malik).  Every option I wanted at 94 flew off the board in the last 10 - 12 picks.

Still a bunch of good guards available. I know if DPJ wasn't available I was looking going to pick a guard but I'm not dishing out names. There are two still out there that I'm very high on.

14 minutes ago, RobR said:

Still a bunch of good guards available. I know if DPJ wasn't available I was looking going to pick a guard but I'm not dishing out names. There are two still out there that I'm very high on.

Don't want to make decision until after JetsVets makes his pick.  The way these last few picks have gone, every time a decide on a guy he gets taken.  There are a few options I am thinking about, but not making a decision until after the next pick is made.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Dunno if it was too early to take Kenny but I like the high floor leader towards the end of the top 100.

Come on you KNOW it was too early to snipe my dude.  Willekas in the 3rd???  I was gonna take him in the 4th and that was too early you bastard!!!!!   ;-) 

It's gonna take some time to get over this one man.  Donovan Peoples-Jones was one thing earlier, but this one hurts.  hahaha 

34 minutes ago, Lith said:

Don't want to make decision until after JetsVets makes his pick.  The way these last few picks have gone, every time a decide on a guy he gets taken.  There are a few options I am thinking about, but not making a decision until after the next pick is made.

Nice pick. If I didn't get DPJ that would have been my pick.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, RobR said:

Nice pick. If I didn't get DPJ that would have been my pick.

Thanks.  I don't know OL anywhere near as well as you do, so I appreciate the vote of confidence. 

Seems like he is a bit raw but has the tools to develop into a solid starter some day.  Packers are pretty well set on their OL for 2020, but with three starters in the last year of their contracts, I wanted to pick a mid-round lineman that should be able to step in next season.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

Thanks.  I don't know OL anywhere near as well as you do, so I appreciate the vote of confidence. 

Seems like he is a bit raw but has the tools to develop into a solid starter some day.  Packers are pretty well set on their OL for 2020, but with three starters in the last year of their contracts, I wanted to pick a mid-round lineman that should be able to step in next season.  

I was surprised you didn't get your Dawg in Kindley.

3 minutes ago, RobR said:

I was surprised you didn't get your Dawg in Kindley.

Never saw him as a day 2 prospect.  If I could have gotten the tight end I wanted in 3, I would have hoped to get him in 4. 

Besides, I do have some ties to ULL -- I spent a week there as a guest lecturer a few years ago.  Still have a bunch of caps and t-shirts that they gave me, so least I can do is support their program by picking one of their guys in an online fake internet draft. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Et tu, Dcat.

My  board hs been destroyed in the last few picks.  Started wtih one Harrison (Bryant) and ended with another one (Malik).  Every option I wanted at 94 flew off the board in the last 10 - 12 picks.  Thought about trading up last night and this AM but decided against it.

I was thinking about Malik Harrison, but now I have a different guy that I am going to draft 2 rounds early!

Interesting being followed by @Paradis  On my first two picks he followed and picked somebody at the same position Gross-Matos/Epenesa and Claypool/Duvernay.  I don't know if I am starting a run or just picking the wrong guy.  Something tells me it is the latter.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

@section314 good pick there, and good thing you traded up. I was going with Chinn in two picks. 

Tnx man.  I was watching him fall today, starting at #84, to #90. Tried a couple of trade proposals but guys wanted to stick and take a players. Was finally able to get a trade done. Going back to Rd#1 in our draft, it took me almost 45 minutes to decide to take Wirfs over Simmons. It was tough. Chinn will be Simmons lite for the Giants. I'm sure you saw Jeremiah's top 50....Chinn was 48. Had to trade up.

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

Tnx man.  I was watching him fall today, starting at #84, to #90. Tried a couple of trade proposals but guys wanted to stick and take a players. Was finally able to get a trade done. Going back to Rd#1 in our draft, it took me almost 45 minutes to decide to take Wirfs over Simmons. It was tough. Chinn will be Simmons lite for the Giants. I'm sure you saw Jeremiah's top 50....Chinn was 48. Had to trade up.

Not sure if it was his top-50, or one of those “winners of the combine,” but yeah, you’ll score pretty decent with him in this. 

• Upvote 1

Reminder.

If you agree to a trade, please make sure to notify more than 1 moderator.  I was online for the last one, so it did not cause any delay, but please make sure to let all of us know if a trade is made.  Me, Dcat, NY Mick and NYJetsVets.

Thanks

• Upvote 3

The Seahawks guys have Logan Wilson ranked 11 guys higher and as a 2nd rounder, but I came in a pick later and scooped up a bad apple!  I'm not really having a good feeling about this draft, but I am able to sell myself on these guys as time goes on.  Gay is the kind of guy that goes in the 2nd or the 6th without it being too big a surprise, IMO.