JetNation 2020 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I keep reading Hennessy could  be a second rounder. He’s apparently a blocking technique savant or some sh*t. Great pick

I like him, but from what I read he is a C, but not a good candidate to switch to guard.  The Seahawks already have Pocic and BJ Finney.  They like guys that are versatile, but I wanted a guy that was more G than C.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

The Seahawks guys have Logan Wilson ranked 11 guys higher and as a 2nd rounder, but I came in a pick later and scooped up a bad apple!  I'm not really having a good feeling about this draft, but I am able to sell myself on these guys as time goes on.  Gay is the kind of guy that goes in the 2nd or the 6th without it being too big a surprise, IMO. 

Taking your shots!   I like it.  Good thing the Hawks didn't resign Geno. There would have to be a therapist in the locker room to deal with his PTSD every time Gay walked in the room. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Shawn Jefferson's kid is a nice replacement for Agholor.  @kdels62

He won't drop the ball.  Unlike Agholar.

And this will never get old.

I wanted to get the Eagles a guy that could get open quickly. They have size on the outside with Arcega-Whiteside and Tee Higgins so I think the balance works.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

I wanted to get the Eagles a guy that could get open quickly. They have size on the outside with Arcega-Whiteside and Tee Higgins so I think the balance works.

Last year's rookie had a bad season.  Maybe that's why they're bringing Jeffery back, cause he's tall and good for fades and jump balls.  Higgins gives them what they had hoped Desean Jackson would too. Jefferson for Agholor. And hang on to Jeffery another year while they give Artega-whiteside another chance.  Sounds like a plan.

25 minutes ago, RobR said:
I'm surprised he was on anyones radar. I thought I could easily get him in the 6th....oh well.

Haha. I know right? That’s how I felt with Kenny Willekas.
I guess that great write up by @Patriot Killa let the world in on that guy.

I have a few more sleepers but I’m gettin jittery. That’s why I made the trade up with@paradis last night for Lamar Jackson. Thought he would make it to 108 for sure but last night I panicked. lol.

This board is on to some stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

44 minutes ago, Dcat said:

they are also bringing back Jeffery on a 1 yr deal.  I guess they will cut Deontay Burnett if we want him back.

I still don't get why they let Burnett go in the first place. We ended up with a carousel of WR's last year and he made it through unscathed.  He's a good wideout. 

I think it may be the ST's ability or lack of. 

55 minutes ago, RobR said:

Nice pick Dominator. Gay was supposed to be my late round sleeper.

That is the question.  Is he a good pick.  Or is he a late round sleeper that I took way too early?  I wonder how he interviewed.  

46 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Gay was my pick if he was there.

Okay.  Now I feel better.

30 minutes ago, RobR said:

I'm surprised he was on anyones radar. I thought I could easily get him in the 6th....oh well.

Really?  Shane would know I would take this guy before the 6th.  He was on the top of the SPARQ lists.  Ran crazy fast at the combine.  He is the kind of guy that would bother the guys that complain about  "workout warriors"   He was doing it in the SEC, so I don't think he should get much of a knock. Top of the list in speed and explosiveness and he did it at 243.  He was mid-level in the other stuff - agility, bench, length.  Just a little short.  High level HS recruit and he had actually committed to LSU.  Definitely a hitter, so I figure, at a minimum, he will be a special teams force.  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I have a few more sleepers but I’m gettin jittery. That’s why I made the trade up with@paradis last night for Lamar Jackson. Thought he would make it to 108 for sure but last night I panicked. lol.

This board is on to some stuff. emoji23.png

18 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

This board is on to some stuff. emoji23.png

Same reason I traded up yesterday from#99 to #95 to get Jeremy Chinn. I was patient all day as he kept falling, but as it got closer, just had to make sure I got him. I refer to him as my "Simmons lite."

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

That is the question.  Is he a good pick.  Or is he a late round sleeper that I took way too early?  I wonder how he interviewed.  

I think he would fall a bit in the draft because he's a headcase that didn't play too many games in college. He wasn't even on my radar until the combine where he performed so well and looked smooth as hell in the drills.

Just now, RobR said:

I think he would fall a bit in the draft because he's a headcase that didn't play too many games in college. He wasn't even on my radar until the combine where he performed so well and looked smooth as hell in the drills.

Since picks are so valuable now, probably more so than ever, don't you think more teams will just flat out pass on those type of guys? The theory that the reward is not worth the risk? 

7 minutes ago, section314 said:

Since picks are so valuable now, probably more so than ever, don't you think more teams will just flat out pass on those type of guys? The theory that the reward is not worth the risk? 

That's the reason I was hoping to get him in the 6th. He's an incredible athlete and in the 6th round I think it is worth the gamble.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RobR said:

That's the reason I was hoping to get him in the 6th. He's an incredible athlete and in the 6th round I think it is worth the gamble.

Well, I gambled sooner!  

This is the kind of pick it is very hard to judge in a mock like this vs. being a real GM.  We'd need to be in on the interviews and background checks.  If you are in on those, sometimes there is enough to excuse all kinds of red flags and physical imperfections.  Without knowing, it is a true crapshoot/uneducated guess.  I discount his suspension because I don't see illegal tutoring as much of red flag for the NFL, but multiple conduct detrimental to the team and punching out the QB are more difficult to explain away.  At least he is fast and violent.  I can work with that.

He is my 2020 Josh Harvey-Clemons

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, section314 said:

Same reason I traded up yesterday from#99 to #95 to get Jeremy Chinn. I was patient all day as he kept falling, but as it got closer, just had to make sure I got him. I refer to him as my "Simmons lite."

It's tough when youre in that position. Ive had so long between picks that it's amplified it to a degree.  I chose Washington to test my ability to trade  back and acquire picks and make a run of this thing. Then I overslept and was lucky lith allowed me to even get the actual guy I wanted lol 

So here we are. lol 

31 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I was wondering when Moss was gonna go.  Huge upside, but the injury history makes him a big risk.

I was going to take him for the Bills to pair with Singletary but I wouldn’t of taken him early enough to get him so I took Akers instead earlier then I wanted. All of the RBs are going early.