JetNation 2020 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

22 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

30 minutes for the next pick ; How about cutting the pick time ?

yeah...  maybe we should... I think we have dropped to 2 hrs right around the half-way point in the or the start of round 5.  

11 minutes ago, section314 said:

Did I take a guy you wanted for Giants?

No, I like Johnson, just liked Davis better. 

I actually almost took Davis in the 3rd and I was little surprised he dropped this far.  But reviewing the board, for whatever reason, he hasn't been talked about that much, so it's not that surprising that he dropped.  If you read up about him, there are some guys who have him in the top 10 WR of this class.

I also watched a lot of UCF games over the last couple of years because I bet them a ton (for a while they were an ATS machine) and he always caught my eye as someone who could be a NFL starter.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

No, I like Johnson, just liked Davis better. 

I actually almost took Davis in the 3rd and I was little surprised he dropped this far.  But reviewing the board, for whatever reason, he hasn't been talked about that much, so it's not that surprising that he dropped.  If you read up about him, there are some guys who have him in the top 10 WR of this class.

I also watched a lot of UCF games over the last couple of years because I bet them a ton (for a while they were an ATS machine) and he always caught my eye as someone who could be a NFL starter.

Yeah, he was under consideration for me at #118 too. Very good player. Have seen him mocked to us in more than one spot.

8 minutes ago, section314 said:

Yeah, he was under consideration for me at #118 too. Very good player. Have seen him mocked to us in more than one spot.

To me, there are a bunch of guys in this mid-tier level that could be interchangeable and a lot of their success in the NFL may be completely dependent on the situation (system and QB) they end up with.

Davis, B. Edwards, C. Johnson, DPJ, T. Johnson - to name a few.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

What is the rush?

+1

The sooner we finish it, the sooner we will have nothing to do but argue about it.  One thing is for sure, we're not going anywhere.  The number 1 rule of these 7 round mocks is patience.  Especially around here.  

Also, the Seahawks have 2 picks in the 4th.  Happy to move down and pick up an extra pick.  All the guys I want are reaches at this point

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

20 hours ago, NYJetsVets91 said:

Anyone interested in trading up, last call.. Will make the pick in 15 min.

Nice pick though.  I was keyed in on Zuniga for a bit.  I hoped he was going to make it to the 4th, but to no avail. I believe he will be a nice player if he can stay healthy.  I really like him. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

Nice pick though.  I was keyed in on Zuniga for a bit.  I hoped he was going to make it to the 4th, but to no avail. I believe he will be a nice player if he can stay healthy.  I really like him. 

I think he's a boom or bust, either Jachai Polite 2.0 or a beast..

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NYJetsVets91 said:

I think he's a boom or bust, either Jachai Polite 2.0 or a beast..

I checked in with a very respected expert on the subject  and he gave high praise.  Seems the only real concern is injury. You may know this expert.  We call him @JiF    :) 

• Upvote 2

While researching an off-list player for this draft, I came across a pff article titled Buyer beware on these 2020 NFL Draft prospects.  It didn't have jacksh*t on the guy I was searching (thanks google) but it had two of my picks Gross-Matos and Raekwon Davis because they haven't seen.  I guess that is what you get when you draft athletic guys later in the draft.  They also had Beckton (poor pass protection sets).  @T0mShane's boy Eason was the too for completely falling apart under pressure.

Nice pick @Dcat I think Bowden is a perfect fit for that offense and paired with Jackson, Bowden can be ridiculously dangerous.

When you were trying to trade up to the Jets pick at #11 overall - who were you wanting to take?

I think I said in a prior post, I didn't want to trade back that far, I also didn't want to be responsible for putting a guy like Ruggs on that Raven's offense.

39 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Nice pick @Dcat I think Bowden is a perfect fit for that offense and paired with Jackson, Bowden can be ridiculously dangerous.

When you were trying to trade up to the Jets pick at #11 overall - who were you wanting to take?

I think I said in a prior post, I didn't want to trade back that far, I also didn't want to be responsible for putting a guy like Ruggs on that Raven's offense.

I wanted Jeudy or Ruggs.  Leaning Jeudy because I thought him more disciplined and therefore better for Jackson at QB.  Ravens have serious defensive needs but I wanted one of the top 3 WRs for them.  If not, the focus was to rebuild that bucket of dung they now have at front 7.  By the way, Who I wanted there was Gabriel Davis.  So you sniped me.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Pretty good haul for the Jets from the looks of it.  Nice work @IndianaJet.

Henry Ruggs III Alabama WR
Ezra Cleveland Boise St. OT
Terrell Lewis Alabama EDGE
Matt Hennessy Temple IOL
Gabriel Davis UCF WR

Agreed.  I have guys I may like better one way or another but I would not complain about that haul. Two very solid and WR's with completely different skill sets. Potentially one of the better OT's in the class. Arguably the top C in the class and one of the top 5 edge rushers.  Not bad at all.  Can't wait to see what's left out there for the Jets in this draft. 

• Upvote 2