• R5/32 - R. Robinson II, DB
  • R6/2 - J. Phillips, LB
  • R6/10 - J. Reed, KR/WR

source.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

deep-sigh-gif-5.gif

As usual just joking. Not a huge fan of your first two picks but it gets better after that. My biggest criticism would be using all of those picks instead of trying to move up. I wouldn't be surprised if a quarter of the draft class doesn't make the opening roster just because of the sheer volume.

32 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Alright, first one done.. 

GRADE ME

Denver Broncos 2020 Draft

• R1/28 - AJ Epenesa, Edge
  • R2/14 - A. Winfield Jr, S
  • R2/28 - D. Duvernay, WR
  • R3/13 - KJ Hill, WR
  • R3/19 - S. Lemieux, IOL
  • R4/2 - AJ Green, CB
  • R4/4 - B. Bartch, OT
  • R5/16 - J. Lynch, DT
  • R6/2 - J. Phillips, LB
  • R6/10 - J. Reed, KR/WR

Got yourself some Joe Reed now didja? 

NOt bad right there. ?

• Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, RobR said:

As usual just joking. Not a huge fan of your first two picks but it gets better after that. My biggest criticism would be using all of those picks instead of trying to move up. I wouldn't be surprised if a quarter of the draft class doesn't make the opening roster just because of the sheer volume.

I hear you. I just traded all my 7s for that reason. I didn’t like my options at 13 or whatever, so I traded back. Just missed the upper WR crust so decided to cross off the obligatory edge and dB picks. 

im picking for Denver, not myself. You don’t like Winfield? 

• Sympathy 1

37 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Alright, first one done.. 

GRADE ME

Denver Broncos 2020 Draft

• R1/28 - AJ Epenesa, Edge
  • R2/14 - A. Winfield Jr, S
  • R2/28 - D. Duvernay, WR
  • R3/13 - KJ Hill, WR
  • R3/19 - S. Lemieux, IOL
  • R4/2 - AJ Green, CB
  • R4/4 - B. Bartch, OT
  • R5/16 - J. Lynch, DT
  • R6/2 - J. Phillips, LB
  • R6/10 - J. Reed, KR/WR

Epenesa pick really shocked me.  Assume you see him as replacement for Derek Wolfe as DE more than edge rusher with Miller and Chubb?  I was sure you were going to go Mims there, surprised you didn't, and thankful that you left him for me at 30.  Duvernay, Hill, Lemieux, Bartch, Lynch -- some really nice value in the middle rounds.    

35 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I hear you. I just traded all my 7s for that reason. I didn’t like my options at 13 or whatever, so I traded back. Just missed the upper WR crust so decided to cross off the obligatory edge and dB picks. 

im picking for Denver, not myself. You don’t like Winfield? 

TBH I don't know all that much about any defensive player besides the big names and how they tested. I refuse to waste any more of my time looking at defensive prospects. It looks like we both agreed on my biggest criticism by trading down and drafting too many players. Almost Idzikian with the amount of players.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Lith said:

Epenesa pick really shocked me.  Assume you see him as replacement for Derek Wolfe as DE more than edge rusher with Miller and Chubb?  I was sure you were going to go Mims there, surprised you didn't, and thankful that you left him for me at 30.  Duvernay, Hill, Lemieux, Bartch, Lynch -- some really nice value in the middle rounds.    

Yea, I'm guilty of forgetting to consider DEN's scheme... my thinking was just pure value... Miller is gonna slow down and I see Epenesa as more of a true DE...

That, and I (to a fault) think about the *type* of WR.... Mims and Sutton would be competing for X snaps and I wanted to a true Z and or Slot guy (Duvernay & Hill)... Plus i wanted to do something less predictable. *shrugs*

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

it's your stupid scoring system, Lith... you've tainted me!

Honestly, there are times I am sorry I started scoring this thing.  But if your picks suck, its because they suck.  Don't blame me.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Lith said:

Honestly, there are times I am sorry I started scoring this thing.  But if your picks suck, its because they suck.  Don't blame me.  

lol, touché

For me its more about getting sucked into "ooooo, no way that guy will still be there. Should be good for some juicy points!..."

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Paradis said:

it's your stupid scoring system, Lith... you've tainted me!

The scoring system is skewed by the teams that have numerous late round picks and is why everyone keeps trying to trade down. You hit on a couple 6th or 7th rounders and you probably win the trophy.

I prefer to see how my selections fare over time because that is the true test and it's why I've traded up twice even without my original first and third.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

29 minutes ago, Paradis said:

lol, touché

For me its more about getting sucked into "ooooo, no way that guy will still be there. Should be good for some juicy points!..."

Well that worked for Maccagnan didn't it?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RobR said:

The scoring system is skewed by the teams that have numerous late round picks and is why everyone keeps trying to trade down. You hit on a couple 6th or 7th rounders and you probably win the trophy.

I prefer to see how my selections fare over time because that is the true test and it's why I've traded up twice even without my original first and third.

Is that why people are hoarding?  No sh.t?!  LOL.  I don't even pay attention to that scoring thing.  I always thought the scoring was a clever little badge of honor, but I didn't know it skews our draft.  That's sort of not a good thing, I think.  

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Is that why people are hoarding?  No sh.t?!  LOL.  I don't even pay attention to that scoring thing.  I always thought the scoring was a clever little badge of honor, but I didn't know it skews our draft.  That's sort of not a good thing, I think.  

It's always been like that. If you draft Chase young at 3 and he goes 2 you pick up one point. Now draft a guy in the 7th that goes in the 4th and you are a genius. It seems like more GM's are playing that game this year for a trophy that doesn't even exist. 

5 minutes ago, RobR said:

It's always been like that. If you draft Chase young at 3 and he goes 2 you pick up one point. Now draft a guy in the 7th that goes in the 4th and you are a genius. It seems like more GM's are playing that game this year for a trophy that doesn't even exist. 

Honestly...that’s why the Browns drafted Jalen Hurts. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Hoarding late round picks won’t matter when I don’t score the draft this year. Maybe it is with everything else going on right now, but I am not planning on taking the time to score this thing. Started out as a fun little way to compare our drafts to the NFL. But the truth is the winner is usually just lucky. Someone picks a guy or two late that goes much earlier than anyone expected.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, RobR said:

Not speaking for anyone else, but since I traded back more than anyone else I feel this is aimed partially towards me..

I'm trading back for two reasons.. one because I didn't feel like anyone left on the board merited that pick, or there wasn't anyone who I felt like I needed to take at that spot.

Second because it's a lot more fun to have more picks imo. My 7th round is gonna be entertaining.

That's it.

I never did very well with the whole scoring system. I think it's interesting, and would be nice to do well, but it isn't my motivation for trades or picks. I make picks based on player fit/skill/need.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Hoarding late round picks won’t matter when I don’t score the draft this year. Maybe it is with everything else going on right now, but I am not planning on taking the time to score this thing. Started out as a fun little way to compare our drafts to the NFL. But the truth is the winner is usually just lucky. Someone picks a guy or two late that goes much earlier than anyone expected.

I don't blame you one bit and I always appreciate how you guys run this thing. I've been there before and it was a hot mess. 

It's sad but that is what it feels like so far this year because everyone is looking to move down.

Hell....I'm still waiting for my free hat. 

17 minutes ago, RobR said:

Shades of Snoopy Bowl.

9 minutes ago, Lith said:

Id just keep it simple.  You get points for anyone you drafted on your team if that team actually drafts him. Regardless of round.  Simple.  And it actually keeps the draft on the up and up if people want to get it right.  You can add little twists for points by position.  If I think Baltimore is drafting 2 IOL and they draft 2 IOL, then some points for that.  If I get the player right, then even more points.  Don't care about what round it is.

11 minutes ago, NYJetsVets91 said:

Not speaking for anyone else, but since I traded back more than anyone else I feel this is aimed partially towards me..

I'm trading back for two reasons.. one because I didn't feel like anyone left on the board merited that pick, or there wasn't anyone who I felt like I needed to take at that spot.

Second because it's a lot more fun to have more picks imo. My 7th round is gonna be entertaining.

That's it.

I never did very well with the whole scoring system. I think it's interesting, and would be nice to do well, but it isn't my motivation for trades or picks. I make picks based on player fit/skill/need.

My comment was not even remotely regarding you based on our latest trade discussions. It's obvious you are playing the draft like a true GM, during the real draft there will be numerous trades during these rounds. My comment was based on how many are willing to trade down and people talking about the rating system....like it means anything. 

• Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, NYJetsVets91 said:

That's it.

No, it wasn't specifically targeting your team, and honestly, I wasn't buying into the points thing anyway. Some teams just had an inordinate number of picks to begin with, like NE.  I think the comment was made by Paradis that no team would ever keep so many picks because it guarantees an inflated % of draftees that get cut and that would equate to a significant waste of draft capital.  I don't think anyone except JiF really cares about the contest.  But I kind of like the idea of player to team matching points as some sort of replacement.  

• Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Dcat said:

No, it wasn't specifically targeting your team, and honestly, I wasn't buying into the points thing anyway. Some teams just had an inordinate number of picks to begin with, like NE.  I think the comment was made by Paradis that no team would ever keep so many picks because it guarantees an inflated % of draftees that get cut and that would equate to a significant waste of draft capital.  I don't think anyone except JiF really cares about the contest.  But I kind of like the idea of player to team matching points as some sort of replacement.  

20 minutes ago, RobR said:

My comment was not even remotely regarding you based on our latest trade discussions. It's obvious you are playing the draft like a true GM, during the real draft there will be numerous trades during these rounds. My comment was based on how many are willing to trade down and people talking about the rating system....like it means anything. 

Ah okay.. Yeah, I never got the idea of doing this for any other reason than to try to be as realistic as possible and acting as if we were GMs, but also having fun.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

39 minutes ago, RobR said:

Hell....I'm still waiting for my free hat. 

Take that up with the hat lady, not me.  Although if you really want one, I have a lovely, never before worn, Louisiana Ragin Cajun hat that I can send you.

image.png.f51cab74fa86ce2ca420c628a319b98c.png

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Denver complete:  @Paradis

1 28 28 660 Denver Broncos Paradis A.J. Epenesa Iowa EDGE   From Bal
2 14 46 440 Denver Broncos Paradis Antoine Winfield Jr. Minnesota S    
2 28 60 300 Denver Broncos Paradis Devin Duvernay Texas WR   From Bal
3 13 77 205 Denver Broncos Paradis K.J. Hill Ohio St. WR    
3 19 83 175 Denver Broncos Paradis Shane Lemieux Oregon IOL via PIT  
4 2 108 78 Denver Broncos Paradis A.J. Green Oklahoma St. CB    
4 4 110 74 Denver Broncos Paradis Ben Bartch St. John's (MN) OT    
5 16 162 26.2 Denver Broncos Paradis James Lynch Baylor IDL via PIT thru SEA