JetNation 2020 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

Just now, Beerfish said:

This is just brutal for the Jets so far, top 4 ots gone, the Dolphins get Thomas and CeeDee Lamb.

But they still have Ryan Fitzpatrick, in year 2 of the FItz cycle, throwing them the ball.  And they likely will win too many games to be in the Lawrence/Fields sweepstakes next year.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Lith said:

But they still have Ryan Fitzpatrick, in year 2 of the FItz cycle, throwing them the ball.  And they likely will win too many games to be in the Lawrence/Fields sweepstakes next year.

Don't they have a Gazillion picks next year as well?

At least they are getting a weapon and the oline before they get the QB unlike the jets who got the QB and gave him nothing and no oline.

Build the team all around and then even guys like Dak prescott end up looking good.

5 minutes ago, NYJetsVets91 said:

Thanks, I'd say either Jeudy or Chaisson from what's left.. Personally I'd try to trade back in this situation.

agree on trade back.  Or Jeudy.  But trade back to some really good WRs and pick up more picks now that top 4 OT gone.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

At least they are getting a weapon and the oline before they get the QB unlike the jets who got the QB and gave him nothing and no oline.

Build the team all around and then even guys like Dak prescott end up looking good.

They have the Texans 1 next year.  Not sure what they have in later rounds.

15 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

If this is how it plays out in real life, I really think Josh Jones will be the pick.  He fits the mild Douglas has been acquiring.  Wouldn't be surprised if we were higher in him than the "consensus"

I wouldn't be surprised if they were higher on Ezra Cleveland. A better athlete overall and more moldable.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Right now they have two 1’s and two 2’s.   

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Thanks Mick! Any chance you can edit the Wirf selection to include a picture, you know, for consistency? 

These guys do enough, that should solely be up to the poster. 

I don't now about anyone else, but the site was down for a while there for me.

Just came back on.  

Because of that, I think it is wise we suspend for the night and resume tomorrow morning  Unless there is a pick or a trade iminent.

Jets are back on the clock and still actively working the phones.....lot's of great value still on the board, including 2 top 5 defensive players.  Who wants to steal Isaiah Simmons at 11?  Just send me a PM before 10:00 a.m.

@Patriot Killa @SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN @Matt39 @Paradis @JiF @heymangold @kdels62 @Wonderboy @choon328 @JTJet 

@Dcat, I heard you...but the Ravens are going to have to do a little better.

You realize that if this was the way the board fell and Macc was still our GM, he would run the card up and draft Simmons.

[mention=5328]TomShane[/mention] could then complain about having a Jamal clone on the Defense.

Based on the way the board has fallen, you can see the collective biases we have developed as Jet fans.  The run on OTs. Brown, Simmons, Kinlaw all still on the board.  No way that any of us are taking a DT in the top 10; no matter which team we draft for.   A bit more surprising to see Simmons still on the board, but our biases as Jet fans seem pretty clear based on this top 10. 

On draft day, we need to see Simmons and one of the DTs come off the board, and we should be able to get our tackle  Good chance that happens; at least that is what I am holding out hope for.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Jets are back on the clock and still actively working the phones.....lot's of great value still on the board, including 2 top 5 defensive players.  Who wants to steal Isaiah Simmons at 11?  Just send me a PM before 10:00 a.m.

@Patriot Killa @SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN @Matt39 @Paradis @JiF @heymangold @kdels62 @Wonderboy @choon328 @JTJet 

@Dcat, I heard you...but the Ravens are going to have to do a little better.

The Bucs are hungover and probably wont be working the phones.

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

Based on the way the board has fallen, you can see the collective biases we have developed as Jet fans.  Brown, Simmons, Kinlaw all still on the board.  NO way that any of us are taking a DT in the top 10; no matter which team we draft for.   A bit more surprising to see Simmons still on the board, but our biases as Jet fans seem pretty clear based on this top 10. 

On draft day, we need to see Simmons and one of the DTs come off the board, and we should be able to get our tackle  Good chance that happens; at least that is what I am holding out hope for.

They will. Simmons and Kinlaw are much better players than some of the guys we picked here.Could see both Jacksonville and Carolina going D.

15 minutes ago, Lith said:

Based on the way the board has fallen, you can see the collective biases we have developed as Jet fans.  The run on OTs. Brown, Simmons, Kinlaw all still on the board.  No way that any of us are taking a DT in the top 10; no matter which team we draft for.   A bit more surprising to see Simmons still on the board, but our biases as Jet fans seem pretty clear based on this top 10. 

That;s exactly right.  It's interesting observe the Jets fans draft.  Brown might not get taken until the 3rd rd. lol 

12 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

If this is how it plays out in real life, I really think Josh Jones will be the pick.  He fits the mild Douglas has been acquiring.  Wouldn't be surprised if we were higher in him than the "consensus"

I agree. I also think JD may be higher on Ezra Cleveland than some of the top 4. I could really see us pulling some curve balls here. JD wants to build a team of men. Hard workers and top character guys. I could see a trade back or even taking a WR like Justin Jefferson/Ruggs/Shenault at #11 and then Cleveland at #48.  Surprise everyone and still get the two positions taken care of.  

Either way, this FA period has got me interested in what our new GM is working on. 5 o lineman in FA.  Just incredible the difference. 

Edit:  Sorry  I didn't realize I was in the draft discussion with these comments. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I agree. I also think JD may be higher on Ezra Cleveland than some of the top 4. I could really see us pulling some curve balls here. JD wants to build a team of men. Hard workers and top character guys. I could see a trade back or even taking a WR like Justin Jefferson/Ruggs/Shenault at #11 and then Cleveland at #48.  Surprise everyone and still get the two positions taken care of.  

Either way, this FA period has got me interested in what our new GM is working on. 5 o lineman in FA.  Just incredible the difference. 

I could see this. I think what it will come down to is what JD feels the depth /quality is in this draft......is it OT or WR? May have to take tackle #4-5 if he fells WR deeper, or vice versa. Either way, looking forward to this years draft so much more with him running the show. I remember last year, how pumped I was when all the rumors were flying on draft day, we had multiple teams that wanted to trade with us, and we ended up taking ReRun, the absolute worst thing we could have done. Thank goodness that Macc is gone.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Lith said:

JD has really gone to town on 0L. It may appear he’s targeting a WR with that 11th pick. He hasn’t signed one in FA. That would be unwise since the WR’s are very deep in this draft. Fant is not totally proven and we still need another tackle regardless. If one is there JD has to pull the trigger.....or be chastised for being Macclike for passing on a blue chip Tackle. And thus far, JD appears to be nothing like a Big Macc. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Pick is in, PM sent to PatriotKilla, Raiders are up.

I certainly wouldn't have accepted any of the low ball offers you probably got (like mine), so good pick.  My preference would have been Jeudy, but WR was the way to go, absent a tradedown

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GREENBEAN said:

Wow.  Ruggs over Jeudy huh? 

The balls on this guy...   :) 

My general thought process was that while Jeudy is the more polished WR, Ruggs’ skill set has a bigger upside.  

The drop off in potential upside is greater with Ruggs. Don’t be surprised if I double dip in the WR pool, especially now that we’ve signed a slew of interior OL guys. 

I can see me going OT, WR, OT or OT, OT, WR for the next three, depending on what’s available. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

My general thought process was that while Jeudy is the more polished WR, Ruggs’ skill set has a bigger upside.  

The drop off in potential upside is greater with Ruggs. Don’t be surprised if I double dip in the WR pool, especially now that we’ve signed a slew of interior OL guys. 

I can see me going OT, WR, OT or OT, OT, WR for the next three, depending on what’s available. 

Don't get tempted by the "free-falling" DT's that we all refuse to pick.?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, section314 said:

They will. Simmons and Kinlaw are much better players than some of the guys we picked here.Could see both Jacksonville and Carolina going D.

One guy who has no real position and one guy who is a DT.  Both NY jet type players.  I would not be so sure that these guys go.  This is a league of imitation and teams just saw us pick Quinnen and him do nothing.  They have also seen us will all pro jamal being a swiss army knife and saw out offese be ranked 32nd.