Jets sign DB Marqui Christian (formerly of Rams, Gregg Williams connection)

Former Arizona Cardinal, picked up by Rams 3 years ago....

Christian doesn’t have crazy size seeing as he only stands at 5-foot-10 and weighs 196 pounds. However, the young box Safety is fast with a 40 yard time he logged in at 4.46 seconds, he can hit hard which is something Defensive coordinator Gregg Williams loves, he’s got toughness and he’s instinctive. He could be a developmental guy down the road and possibly be groomed into a special teams star. Time will tell but overall not a bad move for the Rams. In a year where the Rams had a very small amount of picks due to the trade up to no.1 to select Jared Goff. They basically just received a free draft pick this year in Christian.

https://www.downtownrams.com/single-post/2016/09/28/rams-claim-ex-cardinal-fifth-round-pick-s-marqui-christian-d60/?_amp_=true

439699672_ScreenShot2020-03-21at12_42_01PM.thumb.png.6a393e7d6fbc0c2887f55cd1dce5d06d.png

1 year, $1.25M with incentives that can push it to $2M.
A special teamer and depth player at Safety.

I wonder if we will end up retaining Hairston. He had real potential and flashed early on before he sorta fell of a cliff.

If Gregg Williams likes this guy then I like the signing.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I wonder if we will end up retaining Hairston. He had real potential and flashed early on before he sorta fell of a cliff.

If Gregg Williams likes this guy then I like the signing.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Yeah I remember we were commenting how Hairston looked good once he got here. 

Maybe he had a minor injury that held him back?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, section314 said:

It seems like JD is using FA to make up for years of missing on all the picks that should have been used for depth. Makes you think the draft is gonna get us many starters.

I certainly hope so.  At this point I'm expecting the Jets to try to trade back and accumulate more picks.

• Upvote 1