Jet Get Van Roten

SR24

Just now, JTJet said:

Keeping track, this puts us -1 in Comp picks for next year I believe.

I also think this REALLY opens up that first pick to go something other than OLine if JD wants. 

I think one of Lamb or Jeudy will be available.  Also I don’t see Jenkins or Robby coming back(unless it’s for a smaller deal) so that should help the comp picks 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Keeping track, this puts us -1 in Comp picks for next year I believe.

I also think this REALLY opens up that first pick to go something other than OLine if JD wants. 

I think if we miss out on one of the top 4 ok you can feel good walking away with lamb or juedy now

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

I would still feel better knowing we had an experienced OT on the team.  Fant and Edoga are both leaps of faith.  Then adding a rookie to the mix, we would have 3 unproven guys on the outside.  I like what we have done on the interior, but  seeing OTs fly off the board in our mocks makes me nervous.

I see your point but I'd just roll with the draft. You should easily be able to get a starting tackle in the 2nd or 3rd this year that I'd be willing to roll the dice. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, RobR said:

I see your point but I'd just roll with the draft. You should easily be able to get a starting tackle in the 2nd or 3rd this year that I'd be willing to roll the dice. 

That is probably what will happen.  I just would really like to see one experienced OT on the roster.

3 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Becton, Wirfs, or Thomas and this OL is looking decent. Wouldn’t mind Jeudy or Lamb at all either. 

Yeah I would love those 3 although I think it’s possible all will be gone.  Either way we are gonna get a very good player at 11 

This also allows for draft camouflage. In the past, teams knew what positions we were desperate for and would jump us to take that player. Now with the offensive line shored up, teams who might trade up to grab the OT may think we go WR instead and stay put thinking the OL falls to them. Then BAM! we take OL or WR. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, sourceworx said:

He's addressing our most glaring need. Pretty happy.

Yup.  A lot of fans were freaking out when Conklin and Glasgow were gone but HD had a plan.  He has focused on the oline without dishing out crazy contracts.  He has also retained the players that stepped up for us last year 

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Yeah I would love those 3 although I think it’s possible all will be gone.  Either way we are gonna get a very good player at 11 

From the “lack of intelligence” reports regarding Wills, I’d rather take one of the stud WRs if the other three big OL prospects are gone. You’re right, the board is set up very nicely for us. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

4 external signings so far this FA season.  All OL.  Not sure how all these guys will work out, but our years of neglecting OL appear to be over.

JD comes from a OL background so there was little doubt that would be his main focus in his first offseason 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I think one of Lamb or Jeudy will be available.  Also I don’t see Jenkins or Robby coming back(unless it’s for a smaller deal) so that should help the comp picks 

I would go hard after Perriman and Griffin.

Would have liked RA to return but time to move on 

1 minute ago, PS17 said:

From the “lack of intelligence” reports regarding Wills, I’d rather take one of the stud WRs if the other three big OL prospects are gone. You’re right, the board is set up very nicely for us. 

Yup.  Having that extra high 3rd rounder helps too.  JD can go in a lot of different directions 

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

I would go hard after Perriman and Griffin.

Would have liked RA to return but time to move on 

Yeah as much as I like Robby This year is a very deep WR group in the draft.  We probably will grab 2 with our first 4 picks 

4 minutes ago, PS17 said:

IMHO Wills will be gone by #11 so it's academic.

7 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Can you elaborate on these intelligence reports?  From the Kollman video it seemed like Wills was dialed into scheme stuff