Jet Get Van Roten

SR24

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, RobR said:

I think we're at the point where I would just look at the draft for a tackle.

The trouble is the Jets aren't in their Pat Malone looking for a left tackle. At #11, the Jets may well be gazumped by teams ahead of them. I wouldn't mind a hold the fort guy to either stabilise the position while a rookie gets up to speed or to be the full time starter for 2020 as Darnold throws dimes to Jeudy or Lamb.

23 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I like what Douglas is doing.  I know many fans wanted Conklin or Glasgow but I like the moves he has made especially with McGovern and Van Roten.  Bringing back Lewis was good too.  I think we are in a good position in the draft too.  

So, you didn't like the Fart signing. 

4 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

The trouble is the Jets aren't in their Pat Malone looking for a left tackle. At #11, the Jets may well be gazumped by teams ahead of them. I wouldn't mind a hold the fort guy to either stabilise the position while a rookie gets up to speed or to be the full time starter for 2020 as Darnold throws dimes to Jeudy or Lamb.

Regarding the bolded I have no idea who Pat Malone is.

As of now we have an interior Oline that has tons of experience and we have two tackles on our roster with starting experience, albeit limited. Draft one high and get a couple more in the later rounds, this is a historic Ol class so we could pick a Niang or Peart later on and they would be viable starters. 

I'm just not sure how many offensive lineman one team can sign in free agency since we're only going to carry 10 on our active roster.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

This is awesome. The worst thing Darnold had to deal with was the rush up the middle. That won't  be a problem anymore. Take Juedy or Lamb at 11 and Sam has an O around him. 

True.  It’s amazing how little time Sam had on most snaps lol.  That and the lack of weapons.  Even when he did establish chemistry with receivers they would get hurt like Enunwa,Herndon,Griffin.  We are sitting pretty at 11.  Either one of the 3 big OL might slide or we get a bigtime WR for Sam 

I like what JD is doing here. He's the anti-Maccagnan. Not spending a fortune on big names. Looks like he is getting quality at value.  I still want him to pick up a tackle in either the first or second round and get a WR in either the first or second round.  We have neglected the offense too long.  The name of the game is to score more points than the other guy.  Greg Williams will get a lot out of what's given to him.  If Mosely is healthy and Avery Williams comes back in good health, the D should be effective.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

26 minutes ago, PS17 said:

From the “lack of intelligence” reports regarding Wills

I've never heard of lineman that had problems understanding blocking schemes. This is the time of year for misinformation.

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

True.  It’s amazing how little time Sam had on most snaps lol.  That and the lack of weapons.  Even when he did establish chemistry with receivers they would get hurt like Enunwa,Herndon,Griffin.  We are sitting pretty at 11.  Either one of the 3 big OL might slide or we get a bigtime WR for Sam 

And I would be ok even if we put Beachum out there as the LT. A QB has to be able to deal with pressure  from the edges by stepping up or sliding and Sam can do both of those. It was thejail breaks up the middle that were the killer.

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Can you elaborate on these intelligence reports?  From the Kollman video it seemed like Wills was dialed into scheme stuff

Alabama Football Trio Earns CoSIDA Academic All-District Honors

Keaton Anderson, Hale Hentges and Jedrick Wills Jr. and all earned first-team honors and will move on to the national Academic All-America ballot

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – A trio of Alabama football players were voted to the College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA) Academic All-District IV team, it was announced Friday.

Redshirt junior defensive back Keaton Anderson, senior tight end Hale Hentges and sophomore offensive lineman Jedrick Wills Jr. all earned first-team honors. Alabama football has now tallied 17 CoSIDA All-District honors since 2009.

Anderson, who earned his undergraduate degree in marketing with a 3.82 GPA, is now pursuing a master's in marketing with a 4.0 GPA. Hentges also earned a bachelor's degree in marketing and is now pursuing a master's in marketing. He earned a 3.74 GPA as an undergraduate and holds a 4.0 GPA in his master's program. Wills Jr. carries a 3.52 while pursuing a degree in finance.

All three student-athletes now advance to the national ballot with a chance to be voted to the Academic All-America Team later this season. Alabama football players have earned Academic All-America honors seven times under head coach Nick Saban, the most notable being Barrett Jones, who was the first four-time honoree in CoSIDA Academic All-America history.

Get all the latest information on the team by following @AlabamaFTBL on Twitter and Facebook and AlabamaFBL on Instagram. General athletic news can also be found at UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and AlabamaAthletics on Facebook.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Lith said:

You are probably right, but that Fant-Edoga combo scares me; and I fear a run on OTs in top 10.  A lot of teams ahead of us could use one.

Well that just means we’ll be getting the drafts best player just we did with Leonard, Adams n Quinnen!!!!

1 minute ago, TMAC said:

I like what JD is doing here. He's the anti-Maccagnan. Not spending a fortune on big names. Looks like he is getting quality at value.  I still want him to pick up a tackle in either the first or second round and get a WR in either the first or second round.  We have neglected the offense too long.  The name of the game is to score more points than the other guy.  Greg Williams will get a lot out of what's given to him.  If Mosely is healthy and Avery Williams comes back in good health, the D should be effective.

Good Post.  I think we needed a new approach and Douglas comes from a OL background so I trust him there.  I also agree about Gregg Williams.  He was so good at helps guys play at their top levels.  That helps in a lost way especially with how JD makes moves focused primarily on offense 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Alabama Football Trio Earns CoSIDA Academic All-District Honors

Keaton Anderson, Hale Hentges and Jedrick Wills Jr. and all earned first-team honors and will move on to the national Academic All-America ballot

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – A trio of Alabama football players were voted to the College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA) Academic All-District IV team, it was announced Friday.

Redshirt junior defensive back Keaton Anderson, senior tight end Hale Hentges and sophomore offensive lineman Jedrick Wills Jr. all earned first-team honors. Alabama football has now tallied 17 CoSIDA All-District honors since 2009.

Anderson, who earned his undergraduate degree in marketing with a 3.82 GPA, is now pursuing a master's in marketing with a 4.0 GPA. Hentges also earned a bachelor's degree in marketing and is now pursuing a master's in marketing. He earned a 3.74 GPA as an undergraduate and holds a 4.0 GPA in his master's program. Wills Jr. carries a 3.52 while pursuing a degree in finance.

All three student-athletes now advance to the national ballot with a chance to be voted to the Academic All-America Team later this season. Alabama football players have earned Academic All-America honors seven times under head coach Nick Saban, the most notable being Barrett Jones, who was the first four-time honoree in CoSIDA Academic All-America history.

Get all the latest information on the team by following @AlabamaFTBL on Twitter and Facebook and AlabamaFBL on Instagram. General athletic news can also be found at UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and AlabamaAthletics on Facebook.

Wish I could give you two upvotes for this. 

10 minutes ago, TMAC said:

Have we seen the contract details? Was it value?

We paid $10mm a year to a back up tackle. 

Look, I really like what Douglas is doing, in that Oline is clearly a priority and he understands it’s not an afterthought as our previous GM did..

But I also dont’ want to over congratulate the guy for losing out on the top prospects on the market. 

• Thumb Down 3