Testaverde98

Why do many jets fans act so insecure about darnold vs Allen

I guess it was just a matter of time before we had just an absolutely silly topic 😂

1 minute ago, GeorgeJetson said:

Both players have their fans and detractors. It’s part of being a young QB. 

In the OPs defense the majority of Jets fans were pretty happy with Sanchez after two years. As fans there is an element of blind faith with these players, and young QBs are especially polarizing.

Josh Allen is going through the same thing as Sam. There are plenty Bills fans who aren’t sold on him just like there are plenty of fans who think he’s the second coming.

To me these threads are pointless. Both players are uncontested starters next year-lets just see how things play out. 

Good Post.  Look frankly I don’t have any issue with fans liking another QB.  There are fans who like Baker More.  Hell there were even some who still liked Rosen more.  As for Allen I’ve mentioned his strengths and weaknesses.  I’m not a fan of his but he seems like a good kid.  I’ve always preferred Darnold even a year before we drafted him.  He also has things he needs to fix but he also has had no real support around him.  Thankfully Douglas is starting to fix that and will continue going in the draft.  Personally I don’t focus on other teams players just my own 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Josh Allen is a terrific running back.  

SAR I

In fairness that his big strength.  I give Allen credit for being a great runner. However that can eventually be dangerous for a QB mostly because of the high risk of injury.  However I don’t trust his arm.  Even with the great protection he gets he makes a lot of bad throws. 

1 minute ago, slats said:

You know, if you just came here openly as the Bills fan that you are and wanted to discuss football here -you might take some ribbing but- you'd get some conversation. This need of yours to pretend you're a Jet fan, under a couple different user names now, is what gets you axed. 

Exactly.  I’m all for different opinions even from different fans.  But it’s obvious the OP was here to troll based on his other threads.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Darnold is the better overall skilled QB

Allen has the better team around him.

Done. Cut and dried.

Pretty much This 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

I don't hate any of the QBs in that draft.

I hate people telling us we are insecure if we like our QB better at this point, and don't slob over the others. Sam is the one we want to succeed for one obvious reason. He's the Jets QB.

Bingo

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Yeah I'm outtie on this one.  I've been bored before, I've never been bored enough to troll another fanbases forum.  That's a special type of low.

Yeah it’s kind of pathetic.  He seems to be the insecure one.  If he was so confident Allen is much much better then he wouldn’t have made this thread in the first place 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

Nah ill fight this battle. 

1. I know Allen is bad at the deep ball and it's his biggest issue right now. He was decent in year 1 but regressed hard in year 2

2. I'm bored in quarantine so i'm acting a little reckless. . I admitted as much earlier in this thread and i'm really doing it for drama. We all need some excitement right now. You can see a clear spike in my activity once it started. I'll be much more tame when this thing ends.

3. Sam Darnold had the worst deep ball accuracy among all rookie QBs in 2018. He was still near bottom of the league in 2019. Allen at least had a decent year throwing the deep ball his rookie year so hopefully he is somewhere in between.

4. I would love to see Darnold do well on any team that isn't in the AFCE. While he is with the Jets, I hope you guys ruin/waste him. Yes we are both biased. 

5. Josh Allen had a better deep ball than Darnold in his rookie year throwing to Zay Jones and Robert Foster, so weapons aren't the only excuse for Darnold's deep ball. Robbie and Crowder are very similar to Brown and Beasley so why is that not also an excuse for Allen? Brown isn't really a WR 1 either.

6. I'm just here to provide another perspective as a divisional rival. Most of u guys are cool but some people here are using the wrong information to create narratives. 

Quarantine or not NOBODY wants drama. You are a Bills fan do course you like Allen more that’s perfectly fine.  But saying we are “insecure” is just absolutely false 

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company