Testaverde98

Why do many jets fans act so insecure about darnold vs Allen

Just now, Testaverde98 said:

Because I admit another team has a great talent at qb..

Are u 10

You only bolstered MY argument with this. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Testaverde98 said:

NFL scouts disagree with you...

You don't have facts you have feelings.  Hence the thread topic 

Want to go by NFL scouts thought process? If that's the metric, they think Darnold is far superior than Allen, they did before, during, and after the draft. 

You don't want me to get out the statistical facts to prove you wrong, I assure you. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

I admitted I'd rather have darnold 

Thts not the topic.

Again pay attention because these responses are proving my point. Stop making us look soft

Stop conflating arguments. 

Me saying Josh Allen blows and being able to prove that to you statistically, does not mean that I'm insecure about Darnold. 

It means I have two eyes, facts, and a correct opinion.

• Upvote 1

What did you prove statistically?

I said before that I could if you wanted me to. Clearly you do, so hold please. 

Just now, Mogglez said:

What's "f*ckin weird" is coming to a Jets forum to start a thread about Josh Allen because you got absolutely assmad that people thought he sucks in a thread discussing the AFC East. 

Why couldn't you leave it in that thread?

Because he is a Bills fan. I believe this 100%. 

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Testaverde98 said:

Who was the #1  rated qb on 3rd &8 or longer

Who had the highest conversion rate on 3rd and 8 or longer 

I'll wait

Thank you for waiting for that ONE random stat of no consequence. 

For your viewing pleasure, I present facts...

Darnold 512 for 855 with 59.9% completion rate. 5889 yards with 36 TDs to 28 Ints/5 fumbles (33 turnovers) Longest pass each season of 76 and 92 yards with 7 yards per pass attempt. 63 sacks. 

Allen 449 for 781 with 56% completion rate.  5180 yards with 30 TDs to 21 Ints/22 fumbles (43 turnovers) Longest pass each season of 75 and 53 with 6.5 yards per pass attempt. 66 sacks.

Darnold was better in

Completed passes, Yards, TDs, Less total turnovers, Longer passes, Yards per completed pass, Taking less sacks. 

Allen was better in 

Less Interceptions.

And to twist the knife in your ribs even more, Darnold did all that in 2 less career games and behind the statistically worst line in the NFL. 

So what did we learn here? Darnold is better than Allen in every major QB category that matters. 

Tell your Bills buddies you failed at your mission. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 3

2 minutes ago, Testaverde98 said:

I already admitted darnold was better...

Not the topic loo

False. You're trying to play a game each time someone responds to one of your very odd replies, where you deflect the argument. 

You presented one obscure stat your Bills pals told you in a Buffalo thread as if it proved Allen was a better QB about being the best QB at 3rd and 8 or whatever, as if that stat indicates anything. 

I not only crushed that argument, I obliterated it out of universal existence, never to be seen again, and you have no stats to back up a counter argument. 

You presented a false narrative from the very first topic post that Jets fans are insecure about Darnold vs Allen, as if we cry in the corner when they are compared.

Except the problem with your argument, is that no Jets fans do, we just all know that Allen isnt nearly as good as Darnold and we have statistical facts and eyeballs to prove that argument. Then YOU conflate that with being "insecure"..... because you're clearly a Bills fan.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

Here is the truth......... Josh Allen averages more TDs per game and less turnovers per game than Sam Darnold. This was true in both his rookie year and sophomore year. 

This is not true. 

Darnold has 33 career turnovers in 26 games 

Allen has 43 career turnovers in 28 games. 

The TDs are only when factoring in rushing TDs, something that does not hold up for QBs career wise. 

Dont state something as fact unless you apply context. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, hamat711 said:

Josh Allen was 10-6 his first full NFL season (He started but sat most of week 17)

Josh Allen went 24/46 had 372 Yards 1-1, in his first playoff game.

And was the reason they got booted from the playoffs both years.

6 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

LOL, you left out 17 TDs for Josh Allen and all his rushing yards.

This is false unless you literally take away all of Josh's running abilities.

QB stats. 

Not running back stats. It has been historically proven that rushing QBs do not hold up long in the NFL. So when the day comes that Allen decimates his knee, which it will, we will talk. 

But for the sake of argument, sure, I will give you rushing stats, Darnold still beats Allen at every passing category that matters in the NFL. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Personally I think the thread should be locked. It's a non issue and clear as day these two guys are Bills fans in the Jets forum here to rile people up. 

Both guys have borderline negative reps and are arguing mostly with people who have long documented history on here. If you look at their comment history there are a lot of negative Jets outlooks etc. 

They are just bored Bills fans sitting at home cooped up in a crappy town. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

Bro, stop making things up. Anybody can google this.

Josh Allen has 27 career turnovers.

How can you constantly be so wrong? Even your number for Darnold is wrong by whatever metric you are using.

I will retract one stat, its 37 turnovers for Allen, 39 for Darnold. 

Even with that retraction, the numbers still favor Darnold. 

Sorry Bills fan. 

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

He has 21 total INTs and 22 total fumbles.  43 turnovers.

You want to include total yards and rushing yards to inflate his numbers, but you don't want to include turnovers because it hurts your argument.

Lmfao, GTFO and go back to your Bills forums.

I did correct my one stat though. Allen has 22 total fumbles but recovered 6. So technically 37 total turnovers. 

Doesnt change the fact that he Fumbles far more though lol. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I'm assuming you retracted fumbles recovered, right?

Indeed I did sir. Even with that, it still proves our point. 

Just shows Allen happened to fall on the ball a little bit more. 

Props to @Mogglezfor use of the word "Jagaloon" in forum. 

I will never forget the day I read that. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

@Mogglez @hamat711

Directly from PFF 

Josh Allen's turnovers

21 + 22 = 43 - 6 recoveries = 37 times Allen coughed it up to the other team...

...but still doesnt change the fact that Allen did damage to his own team 43 times. Be it handing it to the other team, losing yardage, or killing a drive. 

By the same metric, Darnold only did this 41 times. Still proving our point. 

20200322_114741.png

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

You should stay away from numbers because you are bad using the data given.

Fumbles - Fumbles Recovered (FR) doesnt equal total turnovers.

It could mean anybody else on the team recovered the ball. 

The stat you want is Fumbles lost. The sole purpose of that stat is to tell you when the ball went to the other team.

You are wasting your time with that PFF subscription cus it just confuses you. Fumbles lost is given by most sites for free lol.

Everything you post is wrong.

Brother you have a lot to learn about reading stats. 

This isnt a stat from an over Buffalo team page. PFF stats are directly related to the player and only the player. Quit making sh*t up to support your argument. 

There is no "it could mean" anything. It IS the stat directly related to the player. Josh Allen's stats do not list when other players recover his **** ups, theose stats are listed on their stat page. You can clearly read that on any stat website. 

I'm not the one bad at math, 

Interceptions + Fumbles - Fumbles recoveries = Total turnovers for an individual player. This is basic football math of which you clearly do not know and you are embarrassing yourself in front of the world right now. 

Every time you say everything I post is wrong is clearly debunked. Yet you havent listed any stats that actually support your argument other than stuff made up out of thin air.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Can we please ban every single Bills troll if they're going to dispute basic math and, literally, admit that they're posting to cause drama?

Its clear as day both those guys are Bills fan. Idk why we are wasting time responding. This thread should just be locked it's pointless. 

• Like 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company