Testaverde98

Why do many jets fans act so insecure about darnold vs Allen

34 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

Josh Allen isn't as bad people here want him to be.

Going into his rookie season, Josh Allen had the 2nd worst OL, the Worst WR group in the league led by UDFA Robert Foster and Zay Jones. His running backs also averaged about 3.2 yards per carry. He might have had the worst offensive personnel in the last decade during his rookie year. Despite all this, he still showed flashes and completely took over some games.

9/10 starters on the 2018 Bills roster are out the league or backups on the roster bubble right now. The lone exception is Dion Dawkins the BIlls staring LT. That's how bad it was.

In 2019, his O-line was average to below average with several upgrades to his WRs including John Brown and Cole Beasley, who are good but not special. WR was still a weakness on this roster.

Despite all this, Josh Allen was still 6th in total TDs even though he basically sat out week 17.

Here is the truth......... Josh Allen averages more TDs per game and less turnovers per game than Sam Darnold. This was true in both his rookie year and sophomore year. 

Josh Allen is a terrific running back.  

SAR I

34 minutes ago, GeorgeJetson said:

Both players have their fans and detractors. It’s part of being a young QB. 

In the OPs defense the majority of Jets fans were pretty happy with Sanchez after two years. As fans there is an element of blind faith with these players, and young QBs are especially polarizing.

Josh Allen is going through the same thing as Sam. There are plenty Bills fans who aren’t sold on him just like there are plenty of fans who think he’s the second coming.

To me these threads are pointless. Both players are uncontested starters next year-lets just see how things play out. 

The difference is that Allen was handed a playoff roster and no injuries last season and didn’t show much growth while Darnold was handed every obstacle imaginable and shone brightly.  

SAR I

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, hamat711 said:

Josh Allen was 10-6 his first full NFL season (He started but sat most of week 17)

Josh Allen went 24/46 had 372 Yards 1-1, in his first playoff game.

billsschedule.jpg

Josh Allen was 1-5 against teams that ended the year with a winning record.

Josh Allen went 1-4 after Thanksgiving, a collapse whose momentum carried into the playoffs.

Josh Allen looked like a scared foal in a wildcard game against the easiest playoff opponent in recent AFC history.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, GeorgeJetson said:

I see Josh Allen’s upside as Cam Newton and downside as Mitchell Trubisky/Blake Bortles. 

It will all depend on how consistent Allen can become on throws 10 yards and under. He misses way too many of those, and that limits what you can do on offense. 

Disagree.  Calling Allen's upside Cam Newton is an insult to Cam Newton.

Josh Allen is a running back.  And the reason he has marginal success as a passer is because DB's fear his running ability on throwing downs.  The moment he can't run effectively anymore (time does this to everyone, ask RGIII) or he runs into a superior defense that can contain scrambling QB's (Allen has 2 wins against winning teams in his career) he is exposed.

Josh Allen's upside is Brad Smith.  A guy who isn't a quarterback but rather a gadget play waiting to happen.  Brad Smith scored on the ground, in the air, as a kick returner.  That's who Josh Allen is.  The Saints are smart enough to figure out who Taysom Hill is.  Good thing the Bills don't know that yet.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I honestly feel bad for Bills fans.  They're a passionate group of fans and have been miserable for along long time.  They're pretty loaded, seem to have a good coaching staff, front office seems competent for the first time in a long time, have had some good season (fools gold) but the only issue is Josh Allen.  He's the only thing holding them back and I'm sure that has to suck.  We know the feeling all to well. 

The biggest mistake in Bills history?

Not trading up with the Colts to nab Sam Darnold.

The second biggest mistake in Bills history?

Not signing Tom Brady last week and putting Josh Allen in the Brad Smith / Taysom Hill role.

Those are two Super Bowl's the Bills just went wide-right on.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah.

These are the dumb things fans of a QB with little accuracy and no anticipation say.

OMG, this is so wrong 

Exactly.  Jets fans know this all too well.  We've seen it with young QB's from both sides:

Pennington:  Great during the regular season, choker in the playoffs.  Managed to do just enough against weak teams in October, melted against tough teams in December.  Constant false hope. 

Sanchez:  Mediocre during the regular season, great in the playoffs.  Could beat a winning team any time but could lose to a winning team at any time.  Maddening inconsistency.

Josh Allen is Mark Sanchez with Chad Pennington's choke gene.  The frustration level with that type of player is going to be maddening for them.   Sad times in Buffalo only going to continue.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jets723 said:

In fairness that his big strength.  I give Allen credit for being a great runner. However that can eventually be dangerous for a QB mostly because of the high risk of injury.  However I don’t trust his arm.  Even with the great protection he gets he makes a lot of bad throws. 

And that's the end of that.  You've just described the careers of:

Kordell Stewart
Cam Newton
RGIII
Michael Vick
Randall Cunningham

And they all were thought to be the Next Big Thing and they turned out to have one or two strong years at most before their legs were gone and then they straddled their teams with big contracts and ruined them for another two or three years.  These types of quarterbacks don't last and they don't work.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company