Why do many jets fans act so insecure about darnold vs Allen

10 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Because he is a Bills fan. I believe this 100%. 

And incapable of camouflaging it.

Thinks if he throws in a few "and I like Darnold better"s while posting that Allan is really good, comparing him to Watson and Favre that he can make the same favorable arguments that WayneCrebet80 used to make

And couldn't do better than use an old Jet players name with a year as his new account 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, TMAC said:

It's difficult to accurately assess a Quarterback who plays behind a line that allowed 52 sacks in a season.  (When the Jets won their one and only Super Bowl, the line gave up 9 sacks).  Let's give Sam a half way decent line and quality receivers and then make a judgment.  Right now, his selection in the Draft is one of the very few good things that Mike Maccagnan did.

Excuses 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Testaverde98 said:

You dont see scouting as a general trend?

Why wasnt darnold taken rd 7 if scouting means nothing 

Are u really this ...nm

No scouting is not a general trend.  Players and their skillsets are unique every single year.  If we drafted on trends and raw ability alone, the whole league would suck.

Am I really what you absolute goober?  Say it.

The next time Josh Allen hits a receiver in the numbers will be the first time. Guys breaking stride for an outside ball, balls thrown at their feet, or wildly over their heads. The guy's accuracy simply isn't there. That's the one aspect of a QB's game that historically never gets fixed. I've said it before, Josh Allen is Jeff George with a better attitude. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Testaverde98 said:

What was the score

Garbage yards

Did you watch the game or....

I watch Allan over throw WR's

I see Allan skip balls in front of his WRs

I see Allan throw INTs on passes that are nowhere near his WRs hands

I don't see that from others.

Do you watch the games?

And will you stop the dumb assed attempt to convince people that youre a Jet fan?

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

No scouting is not a general trend.  Players and their skillsets are unique every single year.  If we drafted on traits and raw ability alone, the whole league would suck.

Am I really what you absolute goober?  Say it.

Then you're saying you darnold could've gone rd 7

You literally cant be this dumb

Why do 1st rd prospects get invited on the 1st day lol

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, freestater said:

The next time Josh Allen hits a receiver in the numbers will be the first time. Guys breaking stride for an outside ball, balls thrown at their feet, or wildly over their heads. The guy's accuracy simply isn't there. That's the one aspect of a QB's game that historically never gets fixed. I've said it before, Josh Allen is Jeff George with a better attitude. 

It's a made up narrative 

Try again 

• Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Why do the Dolphins get the "they might be building something" tag but we don't? We have a young QB who granted, has a lot to prove, but certainly looks like he can play. We finally have a GM who is working on protecting him. We have some building block players on defense. Coming off a 7 win season I don't think we're in a terrible spot. 

I didn't watch Buffalo play last year and think they were light years ahead of us. Miami still has a lot of work to do. And we'll see what happens in New England. 

We are building something but let’s not pretend there aren’t other teams in the division doing the same thing and in possibly better shape. 

1 minute ago, Testaverde98 said:

It's a made up narrative 

Try again 

I became aware of you literally five minutes ago. Now you think you hand me homework assignments? F off. It's not my issue that you have no ******* clue what you're looking at when you watch football. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Just now, Testaverde98 said:

Then you're saying you darnold could've gone rd 7

You literally cant be this dumb

Why do 1st rd prospects get invited on the 1st day lol

No. That's not what I said you dense jagaloon.  His abilities, tape, and skillset are the reason are why he, and other players, get DRAFTED, not INVITED, on the first day.  Not TRENDS.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Testaverde98 said:

Who was the #1  rated qb on 3rd &8 or longer

Who had the highest conversion rate on 3rd and 8 or longer 

I'll wait

Thank you for waiting for that ONE random stat of no consequence. 

For your viewing pleasure, I present facts...

Darnold 512 for 855 with 59.9% completion rate. 5889 yards with 36 TDs to 28 Ints/5 fumbles (33 turnovers) Longest pass each season of 76 and 92 yards with 7 yards per pass attempt. 63 sacks. 

Allen 449 for 781 with 56% completion rate.  5180 yards with 30 TDs to 21 Ints/22 fumbles (43 turnovers) Longest pass each season of 75 and 53 with 6.5 yards per pass attempt. 66 sacks.

Darnold was better in

Completed passes, Yards, TDs, Less total turnovers, Longer passes, Yards per completed pass, Taking less sacks. 

Allen was better in 

Less Interceptions.

And to twist the knife in your ribs even more, Darnold did all that in 2 less career games and behind the statistically worst line in the NFL. 

So what did we learn here? Darnold is better than Allen in every major QB category that matters. 

Tell your Bills buddies you failed at your mission. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 3

1 minute ago, freestater said:

Ruductio ad absurdum arguments reveal either intellectual dishonesty or ignorance. 

You saying there are not general trends IS A REDUCTIO AD ABSURDUM argument 

It's like saying star ratings of restaurants do no reflect there general approval even tho outliers exist 

Fyi your philosophy undergrad vernacular doesn't mean you're intelligent 

But nice try

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Darnold 512 for 855 with 59.9% completion rate. 5889 yards with 36 TDs to 28 Ints/5 fumbles (33 turnovers) Longest pass each season of 76 and 92 yards with 7 yards per pass attempt. 63 sacks. 

Allen 449 for 781 with 56% completion rate.  5180 yards with 30 TDs 21 Ints/22 fumbles (43 turnovers) Longest pass each season of 75 and 53 with 6.5 yards per pass attempt. 66 sacks.

Darnold was better in

Completed passes, Yards, TDs, Less total turnovers, Longer passes, Yards per completed pass, Taking less sacks. 

Allen was better in 

Less Interceptions.

And to twist the knife in your ribs even more, Darnold did all that in 2 less career games and behind the statistically worst line in the NFL. 

So what did we learn here? Darnold is better than Allen in every major QB category that matters. 

I already admitted darnold was better...

Not the topic loo

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Allen 449 for 781 with 56% completion rate.  5180 yards with 30 TDs 21 Ints/22 fumbles (43 turnovers) Longest pass each season of 75 and 53 with 6.5 yards per pass attempt. 66 sacks.

Darnold was better in

Allen was better in 

Less Interceptions.

All while Allen has had better teams, more talent around him 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Testaverde98 said:

You saying there are not general trends IS A REDUCTIO AD ABSURDUM argument 

It's like saying star ratings of restaurants do no reflect there general approval even tho outliers exist 

Fyi your philosophy undergrad vernacular doesn't mean you're intelligent 

But nice try

I stand by my assessment. 

• Upvote 2

There's nothing to be "insecure" about.  At this point Allen is the better QB
in terms of winning and has a better arm.  That doesn't make him a better QB
prospect long term.  Let's see Darnold behind a decent OLine with an actual
running game (which will open up play action).  Once that happens the gifts
that Darnold has (accuracy, mobility, calmness in the pocket, creating plays
off script) will separate him from Allen.  You can't teach accuracy, which
Allen doesn't have and on top of that their playoff game showed he rattles
very easily 

• Upvote 1

Josh Allen isn't as bad people here want him to be.

Going into his rookie season, Josh Allen had the 2nd worst OL, the Worst WR group in the league led by UDFA Robert Foster and Zay Jones. His running backs also averaged about 3.2 yards per carry. He might have had the worst offensive personnel in the last decade during his rookie year. Despite all this, he still showed flashes and completely took over some games.

9/10 starters on the 2018 Bills roster are out the league or backups on the roster bubble right now. The lone exception is Dion Dawkins the BIlls staring LT. That's how bad it was.

In 2019, his O-line was average to below average with several upgrades to his WRs including John Brown and Cole Beasley, who are good but not special. WR was still a weakness on this roster.

Despite all this, Josh Allen was still 6th in total TDs even though he basically sat out week 17.

Here is the truth......... Josh Allen averages more TDs per game and less turnovers per game than Sam Darnold. This was true in both his rookie year and sophomore year. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, KRL said:

There's nothing to be "insecure" about.  At this point Allen is the better QB
in terms of winning and has a better arm.  That doesn't make him a better QB
prospect long term.  Let's see Darnold behind a decent OLine with an actual
running game (which will open up play action).  Once that happens the gifts
that Darnold has (accuracy, mobility, calmness in the pocket, creating plays
off script) will separate him from Allen.  You can't teach accuracy, which
Allen doesn't have and on top of that their playoff game showed he rattles
very easily 

The inaccuracy narrative is simply false but I agree with everything else u said 

• Thumb Down 3

Both players have their fans and detractors. It’s part of being a young QB. 

In the OPs defense the majority of Jets fans were pretty happy with Sanchez after two years. As fans there is an element of blind faith with these players, and young QBs are especially polarizing.

Josh Allen is going through the same thing as Sam. There are plenty Bills fans who aren’t sold on him just like there are plenty of fans who think he’s the second coming.

To me these threads are pointless. Both players are uncontested starters next year-lets just see how things play out. 

• Upvote 2