Why do many jets fans act so insecure about darnold vs Allen

7 hours ago, slats said:

You know, if you just came here openly as the Bills fan that you are and wanted to discuss football here -you might take some ribbing but- you'd get some conversation. This need of yours to pretend you're a Jet fan, under a couple different user names now, is what gets you axed. 

And, ironically enough, is an obvious sign of significant insecurity.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

Sam is one of the worst deep ball throwers in the league.

Ham... I don't think this is the hill you want to die on.

Just to remind you... you are an admitted Bills fan here who stated you are for decent conversation with a rival rather than sitting in a Bills fan echo chamber.... Instead you are currently singlehandedly fighting the fight for the troll who started this thread... he has retreated into his hole leaving you to be drowned in the collective piss of the boards. 

There is a difference between ability to hit the deep ball and and not having anybody to throw the deep ball to. We have had Robby pretending to be a number #1 WR and Crowder as our top options with no O line to provide the time necessary for a deep play to develop. I like both players but those two with no O line can only be so productive. 

I see problems with the team around Sam more than I see problems with Sam. 

I see problems with Allen more than I see problems with the team around Allen. 

I don't think Allen is abhorrent but I don't think he is anything more than a top 15-20 QB when he is fully polished. I have a vested interest in his failure as a Jets Fan, just as you do with Sam. Our bias is a matter of perspective and location.

Do you really think you will find concession here on the fact that we see an inherently flawed QB in Allen, when we as Jets fans see the Bills QB with a 56% completion and the body of work he has compiled to date with a pretty complete team and coaching or is this just your exercise in futility.

We can piss all day how long can you swim.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Ham... I don't think this is the hill you want to die on.

Just to remind you... you are an admitted Bills fan here who stated you are for decent conversation with a rival rather than sitting in a Bills fan echo chamber.... Instead you are currently singlehandedly fighting the fight for the troll who started this thread... he has retreated into his hole leaving you to be drowned in the collective piss of the boards. 

There is a difference between ability to hit the deep ball and and not having anybody to throw the deep ball to. We have had Robby pretending to be a number #1 WR and Crowder as our top options with no O line to provide the time necessary for a deep play to develop. I like both players but those two with no O line can only be so productive. 

I see problems with the team around Sam more than I see problems with Sam. 

I see problems with Allen more than I see problems with the team around Allen. 

I don't think Allen is abhorrent but I don't think he is anything more than a top 15-20 QB when he is fully polished. I have a vested interest in his failure as a Jets Fan, just as you do with Sam. Our bias is a matter of perspective and location.

Do you really think you will find concession here on the fact that we see an inherently flawed QB in Allen, when we as Jets fans see the Bills QB with a 56% completion and the body of work he has compiled to date with a pretty complete team and coaching or is this just your exercise in futility.

We can piss all day how long can you swim.

Nah ill fight this battle. 

1. I know Allen is bad at the deep ball and it's his biggest issue right now. He was decent in year 1 but regressed hard in year 2

2. I'm bored in quarantine so i'm acting a little reckless. . I admitted as much earlier in this thread and i'm really doing it for drama. We all need some excitement right now. You can see a clear spike in my activity once it started. I'll be much more tame when this thing ends.

3. Sam Darnold had the worst deep ball accuracy among all rookie QBs in 2018. He was still near bottom of the league in 2019. Allen at least had a decent year throwing the deep ball his rookie year so hopefully he is somewhere in between.

4. I would love to see Darnold do well on any team that isn't in the AFCE. While he is with the Jets, I hope you guys ruin/waste him. Yes we are both biased. 

5. Josh Allen had a better deep ball than Darnold in his rookie year throwing to Zay Jones and Robert Foster, so weapons aren't the only excuse for Darnold's deep ball. Robbie and Crowder are very similar to Brown and Beasley so why is that not also an excuse for Allen? Brown isn't really a WR 1 either.

6. I'm just here to provide another perspective as a divisional rival. Most of u guys are cool but some people here are using the wrong information to create narratives. 

2 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

Nah ill fight this battle. 

1. I know Allen is bad at the deep ball and it's his biggest issue right now. He was decent in year 1 but regressed hard in year 2

2. I'm bored in quarantine so i'm acting a little reckless. . I admitted as much earlier in this thread and i'm really doing it for drama. We all need some excitement right now. You can see a clear spike in my activity once it started. I'll be much more tame when this thing ends.

3. Sam Darnold had the worst deep ball accuracy among all rookie QBs in 2018. He was still near bottom of the league in 2019. Allen at least had a decent year throwing the deep ball his rookie year so hopefully he is somewhere in between.

4. I would love to see Darnold do well on any team that isn't in the AFCE. While he is with the Jets, I hope you guys ruin/waste him. Yes we are both biased. 

5. Josh Allen had a better deep ball than Darnold in his rookie year throwing to Zay Jones and Robert Foster, so weapons aren't the only excuse for Darnold's deep ball. Robbie and Crowder are very similar to Brown and Beasley so why is that not also an excuse for Allen? Brown isn't really a WR 1 either.

6. I'm just here to provide another perspective as a divisional rival. Most of u guys are cool but some people here are using the wrong information to create narratives. 

Quarantine or not NOBODY wants drama. You are a Bills fan do course you like Allen more that’s perfectly fine.  But saying we are “insecure” is just absolutely false 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Quarantine or not NOBODY wants drama. You are a Bills fan do course you like Allen more that’s perfectly fine.  But saying we are “insecure” is just absolutely false 

To be fair it was the original troll who started the thread who brought up insecurities... I'm pretty sure his home nurse tucked him in for the night... but Hamat has picked up the mantle so give it to him... Give it to him good, he seems to like it...  And I like that.

As to Testeverde6969 (or whatever the op trolls name is) ..... Come back out you coward and fight the boards I wish to drown you in a sea of urine. 

24 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

You got me confused with someone else. 

I would never attack an entire message board on a personal level or criticize the fans.