Jump to content

Jets sign CB Pierre Desir


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, TNJet said:

2020 starters

Bless Austin 

Pierre Desir

Brian Poole

Art Maulet

I'm liking it.

Easy there cowboy.

We have some pretty decent passing offenses on the schedule next year. Still a lot of work to be done. Desir is an upgrade, but he’s no Deion Sanders either. 

I don’t see any lock down guys there, do you?

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, KRL said:

Unreal, Douglas gets Poole (5 million) and Desir (5.5 million) combined
for 2 million less than what Johnson was going to get before being cut

We’ve endured such terrible GM acumen that when we see even capable management we have our minds blown!

Is this what it’s like for Pats fans? I can get use to this. Of course it’s all moot if Gase can’t coach this team out of mediocrity!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Easy there cowboy.

We have some pretty decent passing offenses on the schedule next year. Still a lot of work to be done. Desir is an upgrade, but he’s no Deion Sanders either. 

I don’t see any lock down guys there, do you?

No. But its doesn't look like a College Div 3 squad anymore now. Bless impressed me. Looked like a good starter if he can stay healthy. Great size and athleticism. Desir is clearly a good starter and an upgrade over Roberts and Tru anyday. Gregg Williams got the best out of Maulet last season, he played very well. Poole's solid play spoke for itself.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Mariota has proven hes not the kind of QB the Heisman gave people hope for.

Darnold still is a young QB who hasn't disproved his sophomore season hype.  

Darnold was the more complete NFL QB prospect without the help of a loaded Oregon team that ran a system to the tee

Winning the Heisman has never been an indicator of NFL success.  Otherwise Tebow would be an established NFL QB not a low level scrub in the Mets minor league system, hanging on to dear life 

Let’s get back to cornerbacks.

you know me and how I get with Darnold hype. I should’ve just kept quiet.

Hope we’re good @32EBoozer?

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Easy there cowboy.

We have some pretty decent passing offenses on the schedule next year. Still a lot of work to be done. Desir is an upgrade, but he’s no Deion Sanders either. 

I don’t see any lock down guys there, do you?

How many lockdowns are there in todays pass happy NFL where the rules have helped rid the league of those type CBs?

  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Easy there cowboy.

We have some pretty decent passing offenses on the schedule next year. Still a lot of work to be done. Desir is an upgrade, but he’s no Deion Sanders either. 

I don’t see any lock down guys there, do you?

Where exactly are you planning to add a lock down corner from ? 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Let’s get back to cornerbacks.

you know me and how I get with Darnold hype. I should’ve just kept quiet.

Hope we’re good @32EBoozer?

Knock on Darnold is he still makes mistakes.

I think a lot of those mistakes are caused by trying to make something happen, having it all on him.

Im betting/hoping changing that narrative will help a lot.

Thats not hype, its football.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

How many lockdowns are there in todays pass happy NFL where the rules have helped rid the league of those type CBs?

Don’t take everything so literally. I’m just saying let’s calm down a bit, there’s still work to be done with that unit.

I wouldn’t want to go into KC or even Arizona and Buffalo with just those guys back there.

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Where exactly are you planning to add a lock down corner from ? 

Scroll up a few posts.

Hopefully the draft. I’d like to take Ferguson out of Florida.

Im no GM, but if I was CB and OL are the two groups I want to make my strongest on each side of the ball.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Don’t take everything so literally. I’m just saying let’s calm down a bit, there’s still work to be done with that unit.

I wouldn’t want to go into KC or even Arizona and Buffalo with just those guys back there.

Im not selling Darnold, Im not over the top for saying Mariota has changed the narrative on his career post Heisman or that a strong D will help Darnold buddy. 

And any positive Darnold talk doesn't have to be a knock on your girl. ?

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Wonderboy said:

Trade Adams get a 1 and 3. If Odukah slips trade up and get him. With the extra picks we could still get Wr's and OL.

Take a proven Pro Bowl, All Pro db and trade him for picks hoping an unproven db falls to us?

Yeah, no thanks.  

  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Scroll up a few posts.

Hopefully the draft. I’d like to take Ferguson out of Florida.

Im no GM, but if I was CB and OL are the two groups I want to make my strongest on each side of the ball.

Do you mean Henderson?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Hes the best cb in the draft hands down.

In March.

And totally unproven in the NFL.

Along with there is no guarantee we see him, no one thinks hes getting past Detroit.  

So you lose a All Pro db for a wing and a prayer and a 3rd.

Never happening and the clown makeup would return.  Stop hating the person and look at the player

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Wonderboy said:

Trade Adams get a 1 and 3. If Odukah slips trade up and get him. With the extra picks we could still get Wr's and OL.

 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Take a proven Pro Bowl, All Pro db and trade him for picks hoping an unproven db falls to us?

Yeah, no thanks.  

Here's the thing guys, we may not have them by September, JD has a lot on his plate (there's a joke there...) but it isn't like it takes forever to get two really good CBs if you want to. It took Miami a few minutes, lol. Just look at the rest of our division also. New England and Buffalo both have quality corners.

As of now, we have depth guys, and the hope that GW can work some magic.

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

 

Here's the thing guys, we may not have them by September, JD has a lot on his plate (there's a joke there...) but it isn't like it takes forever to get two really good CBs if you want to. It took Miami a few minutes, lol. Just look at the rest of our division also. New England and Buffalo both have quality corners.

We have depth guys, and the hope that GW can work some magic.

I don't think there's a chance that Adams gets traded.  Especially this year

Any inclination to trade him could come if Adams demanded money JD didnt want to dish out down the road

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

And totally unproven in the NFL.

Along with there is no guarantee we see him, no one thinks hes getting past Detroit.  

So you lose a db for a wing and a prayer and a 3rd.

Never happening and the clown makeup would return

Unproven LOL. He could slip - you never know. Regardless trading Adams is still a smart move,  We need picks to fill positions of greater need: edge, cb. OL. I'm not paying a box safety 15 M unless his name is Fitzpartick or Harrison Smith.

  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Don’t take everything so literally. I’m just saying let’s calm down a bit, there’s still work to be done with that unit.

I wouldn’t want to go into KC or even Arizona and Buffalo with just those guys back there.

Well, that's the trick, isn't it? KC right now, with today's rules is not a team you beat with Defense. You score with them. Having 3 SOLID Corners to slow the bleeding is a start. And no, even adding Okudah wouldn't change that. Also still need a true threat at ER, and explosive playmakers on O. But the Jets aren't getting unfracked in a day, and 2009 Darrelle Revis isnt walking through the door any time soon.

 

Either way, solid signing. Better than most available alternatives, and better than what was out there last year. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ElBarrioJets said:

If they throw a promising rookie in the mix, this is actually not a bad CB corps: 

Pierre Desir

Bless Austin

Brian Poole

Arthur Maulet

Nate Hairston

Draft Pick

I actually like that group. Poole is good, Austin will be better in his 2nd season, Desir will be hungry. Add a CB in Round 3 and we roll!

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

And thats a distinct possibility. Prepare yourself.

Im not worrying about 2021 trades in March of 2020

Its also a distinct possibility that JD values the given home ground star player who is the face of the team more than a handful of fans who don't 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Not looking to argue here, but if you basing your hopes on a Rose Bowl 4 years ago, I’ll see your Rose Bowl, and raise you Marriota’s Heisman. Their college days are long over.

This is a big year for guys like Darnold, Mayfield and Allen. Three years in, and now it’s time for them to show out. 

That said, back to CBs...?

Couldn't agree more!

Time to see if Sam has the goods.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

I actually like that group. Poole is good, Austin will be better in his 2nd season, Desir will be hungry. Add a CB in Round 3 and we roll!

I still want to know what happened with Bless at the end of season and if he is out of Greg's dog house.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...