Jets sign CB Pierre Desir

8 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Unproven LOL. He could slip - you never know. Regardless trading Adams is still a smart move,  We need picks to fill positions of greater need: edge, cb. OL. I'm not paying a box safety 15 M unless his name is Fitzpartick or Harrison Smith.

OK, what has he proven in the NFL.

Instead of the pointless LOL tell us.  Is he the real deal of the best DL, player in the draft ala Leo or QW's?  The scouting reports that had everyone shltting on Macc after the fact?

And again, hes picked by everyone to go to Detroit.  What would you do about that with a Adams trade?  Other than hold onto out own dicks crying about what could have been?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ElBarrioJets said:

If they throw a promising rookie in the mix, this is actually not a bad CB corps: 

Pierre Desir

Bless Austin

Brian Poole

Arthur Maulet

Nate Hairston

Draft Pick

Not good either.  Still need at least 1 above average solid outside starter.  I think Joe will get it done though.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I want the kid from LSU in ‘21 draft   Make it happen JD. Get those comp. picks ready  when that day comes

Assuming you mean Stingley, he isn't eligible until 2022. He was a true freshman this year and he is an incredible player who will more than likely be a top 5 pick two years from now.

43 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Trade Adams get a 1 and 3. If Odukah slips trade up and get him. With the extra picks we could still get Wr's and OL.

I don't think the Jets could get more than a 2nd and a 4th for the Prez. I like the guy but he's not worth a big $$$ contract extension or a bundle of high draft picks. I hope JD makes him play out his contract and then lets him walk.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

It says "up to" which means it's got some incentives.  I bet the cap number is near $3 million with a chance to go up to $5.5. That extra $2.5 million, if incentives were reached, go on to next years cap. So it's probably near half of what Roberts was getting paid

Amazing aint it?  

Now if we could get Prince Amukamara for $5-6 mil we would actually be getting them for "free"  Then next year Tru's contract is off of the books as is Enunwa's!  

I love spring cleaning...and getting better CB's! 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, RobR said:

Assuming you mean Stingley, he isn't eligible until 2022. He was a true freshman this year and he is an incredible player who will more than likely be a top 5 pick two years from now.

That’s him. Daryl’s son. Man that kid is a player. That’s why we need assets but I guess ‘22 is too far off. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

playing badly thru injuries? not so much.

He's been an average G. The last two seasons he played through injuries with last year being a train wreck.  Yu're telling me it's not possible to get a 7th for him?  o linemen are hard to come by and he has more penalties than anyone in the league. So, 

4 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

That’s him. Daryl’s son. Man that kid is a player. That’s why we need assets but I guess ‘22 is too far off. 

He's amazing. He was rated the best player in the country by some scouting services as a HS senior and he didn't disappoint. First team All-Sec, All American, etc. and he's doing this as a true freshman. Very impressive young kid.

10 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

He's been an average G. The last two seasons he played through injuries with last year being a train wreck.  Yu're telling me it's not possible to get a 7th for him?  o linemen are hard to come by and he has more penalties than anyone in the league. So, 

oh, i am not saying its impossible, you bearded beauty you....     just not AS MUCH POSSIBLE if you play badly thru injuries

nao mais, nao menos

3 hours ago, PepPep said:

He's not a speedster but shows good technique, really sticky, pesky, long and lanky defender. Good tackler, seems to have his nose around the ball a lot. I think GW will love him. 

2:33 GREAT Throw by Sam unfortunately Robby couldn't hold on.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

oh, i am not saying its impossible, you bearded beauty you....     just not AS MUCH POSSIBLE if you play badly thru injuries

nao mais, nao menos

Wait... so you're saying if Winters would have played better his value would increase?   Someone should talk to him about this. Obviously he doesn't have this info.  lol 

Yeah I actually doubt its gonna happen, but it could. 7th rd picks rarely land. Winters is at worst a solid back up. And he has the potential to stay healthy and be an average starter. 

I'd love it if we could get something for him. 

45 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

OK, what has he proven in the NFL.

Instead of the pointless LOL tell us.  Is he the real deal of the best DL, player in the draft ala Leo or QW's?  The scouting reports that had everyone shltting on Macc after the fact?

And again, hes picked by everyone to go to Detroit.  What would you do about that with a Adams trade?  Other than hold onto out own dicks crying about what could have been?

LOL What a ridiculous argument.  And I said IF he slips.  Get the point?

tenorBM2HVPU2.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, GREENBEAN said:

Wait... so you're saying if Winters would have played better his value would increase?   Someone should talk to him about this. Obviously he doesn't have this info.  lol 

Yeah I actually doubt its gonna happen, but it could. 7th rd picks rarely land. Winters is at worst a solid back up. And he has the potential to stay healthy and be an average starter. 

I'd love it if we could get something for him. 

I agree with you.  Not sure we will get anything for Winters, but as long as we are not strapped for cap space right now, may as well hold on to him.  You never know, maybe someone offers a conditional pick. If something comes up and we need the cap space, cut him then.  No reason to do it now.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, phill1c said:

Nah, because of the way my checking and saving accounts are set up...

no worries. I'm a gambling addict with 16 years abstinent.  lol  See how I get? 

But it was fun while it lasted.  DAMN THAT WAS EXCITING!!!  hahaha  

3 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Winters is at worst a solid back up.

uh, maybe for an NCAA Div II team. He's not a starter. He's not even a backup because he's always hurt. He has ZERO physical talent. He may have technique borne of several years of NFL practice. But I want my backups to be starters in waiting. Not guys who just aren't good enough...

And if this guy's name is Trey Washington, you're not supporting him, you're joking about his numerous baby mammas.

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

I agree with you.  Not sure we will get anything for Winters, but as long as we are not strapped for cap space right now, may as well hold on to him.  You never know, maybe someone offers a conditional pick. If something comes up and we need the cap space, cut him then.  No reason to do it now.

Exactly.  If it turns out we need the money to grab someone we want then fine, but otherwise let him sit and see how the chips fall.  I'd take a conditional pick for him. Why not? 

1 minute ago, GREENBEAN said:

no worries. I'm a gambling addict with 16 years abstinent.  lol  See how I get? 

But it was fun while it lasted.  DAMN THAT WAS EXCITING!!!  hahaha  

phew...I'm saving a bunch on commuting with this Coronavirus, but still...

What's funny is that something like this, 20 years ago, would have me typing 8 paragraphs of "you ******* racist..."

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

? yeah I guess Stingley  played in the late 70’s to mid 80’s before injury. Am I right on that without Google?

Grandkid is best CB prospect I’ve seen since Woodson. Hope he can keep it up. 

No.  He was done by the  mid 70s.  Jack Tatum hit that ended his career, and I am pretty sure Tatum did not play innto the 80s.  It was bad enough when I was able to remember guys fathers as players. 

Now I am old enough to have seen the grandfathers.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, phill1c said:

phew...I'm saving a bunch on commuting with this Coronavirus, but still...

What's funny is that something like this, 20 years ago, would have me typing 8 paragraphs of "you ******* racist..."

hmmmm   Where did the racist stuff come in?   I'm not following  Is it the Greenbean name? ;)