Top 10 WR In The 2020 Draft- Vid

Hey guys,

Since everyone is basically sitting home I figured this might be a good time to throw a longer one atcha.  I don't necessarily agree with everything this guy says, but the breakdown is very strong.  It's a good way for a lot of guys to get to know some of the receivers not named Jeudy or lamb. They're in the vid of course, but there are others the vid covers well.  

I've been saying it for a while now, but I'd like to officially go on record as saying I WANT Shenault! 

Enjoy the "QUARTINE"  lol 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Hey guys,

Since everyone is basically sitting home I figured this might be a good time to throw a longer one atcha.  I don't necessarily agree with everything this guy says, but the breakdown is very strong.  It's a good way for a lot of guys to get to know some of the receivers not named Jeudy or lamb. They're in the vid of course, but there are others the vid covers well.  

I've been saying it for a while now, but I'd like to officially go on record as saying I WANT Shenault! 

Enjoy the "QUARTINE"  lol 

That's funny Shenault is the one Wr I definitely don't want. He screams boom or bust to me. And I feel like it will probably be bust.

He's a Jack of all trades, master of none. Slow 40 time, runs sloppy routes, and always seems to be banged up. & I know he's playing at Colorado but 764 receiving yards is not impressive.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Let me start by saying I watch zero college football. However I think the draft is the most exciting time of the year and I do my homework.

I have repeatedly watched player highlights and not a being a fanboy gives me decent perspective on what these guys might look like in a JETS uniform.

I believe we should take a tackle with the 11th pick. No question! If  they are all gone the next smart move is CB, Edge, or trade down. I am not as high on Jeudy and Ruggs as everybody else and I think Lamb will turn out to be the best of those three!

For example if we re-sign Robby Anderson, I can really see Donovan Peoples Jones on the other side. Go watch his highlights.

If we dont retain Robby, we will need to draft at least two more receivers. I feel it's the combo that you put on the field with Crowder in the middle that makes it all work.

There are some really good receivers in this draft!  I like Shenault, Mims, Reagor, Aiyuk, Gandy Golden, and Peoples Jones.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

That's funny Shenault is the one Wr I definitely don't want. He screams boom or bust to me. And I feel like it will probably be bust.

He's a Jack of all trades, master of none. Slow 40 time, runs sloppy routes, and always seems to be banged up. & I know he's playing at Colorado but 764 receiving yards is not impressive.

Its similar to Donovan People's Jones as far as production.  And they are both WR's I would love to have.  These guys that blow it up in the college ranks like White or others make me nervous.  I like bulls and hard worker types. Blue collar and all that. laviska Shenault has beast potential and is fearless. That's my kind of guy. 

I totally get your points and I think that's what initially delayed my chewing on him as much as I have been lately. As I've dug deeper, I got more and more interested.  If I remember correctly, the guy in the vid didn't love him either. I can't remember already.  hahaha 

I really like Shenault.  He's the kind of guy that you sometimes get late and he can make an impact, even if you have to manufacture him touches and he isn't a prototypical WR.  The issue is, people were talking about him in the 1st or latest 2nd.  There are plenty of really good prospects that are going to be sitting there.  Ones that didn't test poorly (did he get injured?  pro days aren't cleaning this stuff up in this environment) and seem like they can step in and play WR that won't need things manufactured for them.  If you are looking at Mims and Shenault who are you taking?

• Upvote 1

Justin Jefferson is my favorite of the bunch. but the Jets will never take him over Jeudy or Lamb at #11 and will definitely be off the board way before their 2nd round pick.  The only hope to grab him is a trade down from #11 for some draft capital and grab him between 18-25ish.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I really like Shenault.  He's the kind of guy that you sometimes get late and he can make an impact, even if you have to manufacture him touches and he isn't a prototypical WR.  The issue is, people were talking about him in the 1st or latest 2nd.  There are plenty of really good prospects that are going to be sitting there.  Ones that didn't test poorly (did he get injured?  pro days aren't cleaning this stuff up in this environment) and seem like they can step in and play WR that won't need things manufactured for them.  If you are looking at Mims and Shenault who are you taking?

Well I like Mims too, but currently I'm sort of in love with Shenault.   He has so much potential to be th exact type of WR that I like best. A bully who dominates smaller CB's with sheer strength and anger. That's him.

The problem is that 2019 was not as good as 2018 and there are route crispness issues. He can telegraph his moves and such. He had a toe surgery before the 2019 season and I'm sure that had something to do with all of it. But as far as the route running, he can absolutely improve upon that with good coaching. We happen to have that in house and from all reports, Shenault takes well to coaching. 

The other problem is that his physical style is similar to Enunwa's and he seems to seek out contact. That can lead to durability issues as well so it's a legit concern. Me?  I'm taking him over Mims at the moment and would like to see my offense dominate and demoralize defenses as opposed to the Chiefs model of speed from every angle. We need the speed too, but having a mean offensive line unit of smart and physical players coupled with big bodied and strong WR's would be  my preference. 

13 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Let me start by saying I watch zero college football. However I think the draft is the most exciting time of the year and I do my homework.

I have repeatedly watched player highlights and not a being a fanboy gives me decent perspective on what these guys might look like in a JETS uniform.

I believe we should take a tackle with the 11th pick. No question! If  they are all gone the next smart move is CB, Edge, or trade down. I am not as high on Jeudy and Ruggs as everybody else and I think Lamb will turn out to be the best of those three!

For example if we re-sign Robby Anderson, I can really see Donovan Peoples Jones on the other side. Go watch his highlights.

If we dont retain Robby, we will need to draft at least two more receivers. I feel it's the combo that you put on the field with Crowder in the middle that makes it all work.

There are some really good receivers in this draft!  I like Shenault, Mims, Reagor, Aiyuk, Gandy Golden, and Peoples Jones.

I share a lot of this with you. I took Peoples-Jones with my 2nd 3rd rd pick in my first mock. I have a good friend who is a die hard Michigan fan and he told me about grumbles toward Harbaugh's misusing DPJ.  His production is not indicative of his ability. His combine supported that. 

I would say that I disagree with the Edge CB thing in this draft though. I'm a big fan of Emory hunt from football game plan took the stance that all of the top Edge guys after Chase Young fall in the same category of Average at best. Even Eponeza is not exactly exciting if youre trying to find a stout edge rusher.

I would say to take what the draft gives you.  last year it was a strong defensive draft and it made sense to stock up on defense during a draft so full of talent. our problem is that we grabbed yet another DT when the edge guy was sitting right there for the taking. 

This year is the strongest o line class in many years and is up there with the 2013 WR class.  Trying to get cute and find the one edge guy who's worth a $hit among the studs at WR and o line would be foolish imo. 

CB is a bit better but again, we NEED offense and this is an offensive draft. Thank the football gods and stock up. 

27 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Well I like Mims too, but currently I'm sort of in love with Shenault.   He has so much potential to be th exact type of WR that I like best. A bully who dominates smaller CB's with sheer strength and anger. That's him.

The problem is that 2019 was not as good as 2018 and there are route crispness issues. He can telegraph his moves and such. He had a toe surgery before the 2019 season and I'm sure that had something to do with all of it. But as far as the route running, he can absolutely improve upon that with good coaching. We happen to have that in house and from all reports, Shenault takes well to coaching. 

The other problem is that his physical style is similar to Enunwa's and he seems to seek out contact. That can lead to durability issues as well so it's a legit concern. Me?  I'm taking him over Mims at the moment and would like to see my offense dominate and demoralize defenses as opposed to the Chiefs model of speed from every angle. We need the speed too, but having a mean offensive line unit of smart and physical players coupled with big bodied and strong WR's would be  my preference. 

Have you checked out Duvernay?  I can't watch this video right now, but does this guy have him? I think @RobR and @Paradis both had him ahead of Shenault.  He produced, he ran well, and he also "runs like he hates humanity."  His arms are short, but so are Shenault's.

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Have you checked out Duvernay?  I can't watch this video right now, but does this guy have him? I think @RobR and @Paradis both had him ahead of Shenault.  He produced, he ran well, and he also "runs like he hates humanity."  His arms are short, but so are Shenault's.

haha That's awesome.  My kinda guy. 

I seriously cannot remember what the hell is in that Vid. Its been 24 hours and it's as if I never watched it. I don't know what happened to me.  lol 

I looked into Duvernay and like him a lot too. Not to the degree I like Shenault though. I would need to dip back in to remember why.  Could be an oversight due to so many details details. I know he had a very good 40 time. low 4.3's I think. I think I considered him a late 2nd to 3rd rd pick. 

15 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Agree 100%...I  thought I was the only one feeling this way.  I have about 7-8 WRs I want before I'd even consider Shenault.

Overall, I'm starting to become a big fan of the idea of trading down in the 1st round.  Would much rather have one pick in the 20's and one in the 30's or early 40's than the #11 UNLESS either Wirfs or Wills is there.   Give me Denzel Mims and Josh Jones or Matthew Peart while still having the #48 pick.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ChuckkieB said:

Justin Jefferson is my favorite of the bunch. but the Jets will never take him over Jeudy or Lamb at #11 and will definitely be off the board way before their 2nd round pick.  The only hope to grab him is a trade down from #11 for some draft capital and grab him between 18-25ish.

If the Jets trade back into the teens or early 20's then I'm onboard with guys like Jefferson or Mims, but not at #11.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

That can lead to durability issues as well so it's a legit concern. Me?  I'm taking him over Mims at the moment

I HAD the same feeling............................... but, wait..........I still have it...and would defo take Mims. 

• Upvote 2

I like a lot of these WRs (obviously) but if Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, and Jefferson are gone, the next guy I want is Higgins, not any of these other guys. I would take Higgins over Mims. If Higgins starts to slip, he may be worth trading up for before someone takes him 5-6 picks ahead of us in Rd. 2. 

5 hours ago, Losmeister said:

I HAD the same feeling............................... but, wait..........I still have it...and would defo take Mims. 

We could do worse than Mims but he's 5' 11" and I'm wanting some bigger bodies around the jernt 

You say he is your favorite of the bunch do you think he is a better prospect than jeudy or lamb? What about a safer prospect? There is pressure put on a front office if they reach for a player in the draft. My favorite reciever in this draft is Higgins but I would not draft him over jeudy or lamb.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app