Jets re-sign Jordan Jenkins

Sack totals are a generally flawed way of looking at a player. Jenkins is a role player. And average player who does as told. That’s fine.... if it’s cheap.

I’m sure Bear fans feel the exactly the same. Khalil Mack with the same sack total, but we didn’t give multiple first rounders

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Good (but not great) starter.  Jenkins is exactly the kind of guy you need out there and who you can trust to do his job well.  He's just not a difference maker, but not everyone needs to be.  He'll be paid for what he does.

Right now we're looking at...

OLB Jenkins - ILB Mosley - ILB Williamson - OLB ?

With backups including Neville Hewitt, James Burgess, Blake Cashman, and (I believe) Luvu, Langi and Bashem correct?

We need to upgrade that one Edge/OLB spot.  I think it comes in the Draft.

I think Basham is the tentative starter.  He played more snaps than Jenkins or Copeland last year.  About 60% IIRC.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Jetster said:

OMG! I love this JD dude! All these 1 year deals, GWs defense gonna be playing like their hairs on fire! QWs gotta jump on board the hustle train or he'll look like a sloth with everyone flying around him. 

Hey, between friends and all that has happened these days, think the law and NFL will go light on QW and give him a slap on the wrist. Heck, he just didn't know the rule and nothing malicious was occurring there. It could be like Daniel Craig in "Cowboys and Aliens" where at the end though he was a wanted man, with all that occurred the law just let him move on and be free.

1 minute ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Hey, between friends and all that has happened these days, think the law and NFL will go light on QW and give him a slap on the wrist. Heck, he just didn't know the rule and nothing malicious was occurring there. It could be like Daniel Craig in "Cowboys and Aliens" where at the end though he was a wanted man, with all that occurred the law just let him move on and be free.

I bet JD, Gase and Williams hope he gets 8 games.?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Exactly.  Just said something similar.  A defense with about 5-6 Jordan Jenkins-type players and then a handful of difference makers will win you a lot of games.

Agree on Jenkins skill level. But also think alot of these re-signings send the right message to the locker room that JD is trying to take care of his own after some of the damage that was done last year with Osemele and Enunwa...

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Why?  Cause Jordan Jenkins is so ******* expensive?  Because we have Tarrell Basham starting on the other side?  I don't actually want Clowney, but I don't think this changes how hard we go after him.

Of course it does.  Jenkins was brought in to start - they're not paying Clowney too.  I'm sure Jenkins wasn't cheap on his one year deal (I haven't seen any numbers yet)  JD seems to be very cautious and there's no way he's bringing in both Jenkins and Clowney. 

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

F32ZLQZ6ENAPLDX6VLW7BVR57Q.JPG

Adam Gase got the right man.  

SAR I

when you are right you are right! 

Jenkins is the Jed Clowney with better states. I am sure at much better price. Good to see us reward a player that stepped up for us, makes me think Robbie and Adams might not do as well. * fingers crossed 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Of course it does.  Jenkins was brought in to start - they're not paying Clowney too.  I'm sure Jenkins wasn't cheap on his one year deal (I haven't seen any numbers yet)  JD seems to be very cautious and there's no way he's bringing in both Jenkins and Clowney. 

And jenkins was def the better pick. most likely cheaper, plays better and already knows the plays. This is good for the Jenkins, but also great for our moral I would think. How many times did we lose players that stepped up for us just to go elsewhere and play for someone else. Lvoe this move.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

7 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Agree on Jenkins skill level. But also think alot of these re-signings send the right message to the locker room that JD is trying to take care of his own after some of the damage that was done last year with Osemele and Enunwa...

sorry didnt see thsi comment, i think you 100 percent right

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Ont thing I like about these re-signings, JD has played them well.  Poole, Jenkins, Burgess, Lewis all back at what appear to be reasonable contracts.  Looks like JD let them test the market, see how they are valued by other teams and then signs them for reasonable money, rather than overpaying to re-sign guys early --  like Enunwa last year and Roberts two years ago.

Exactly what I was going to say. Is there any doubt that Mac would have signed Jenkins to a long-term, huge overpaid contract and then spout about his "upside" when justifying to our beat reporters? 

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Good (but not great) starter.  Jenkins is exactly the kind of guy you need out there and who you can trust to do his job well.  He's just not a difference maker, but not everyone needs to be.  He'll be paid for what he does.

Right now we're looking at...

OLB Jenkins - ILB Mosley - ILB Williamson - OLB ?

With backups including Neville Hewitt, James Burgess, Blake Cashman, and (I believe) Luvu, Langi and Bashem correct?

We need to upgrade that one Edge/OLB spot.  I think it comes in the Draft.

28 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Josh Uche at the top of Round 3

I'm not a big fan of Uche. He's got a great get off but other than that I feel like he will get eaten up at the next level. 

I'll take Weaver or Lewis over Uche. I also like Anae, Willekes and Zuniga who could be there in the 4th. 

But yeah, I think its great that we brought back Jenkins but that should not keep us from drafting an edge rusher. 

22 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

They can only have one starting OLB/DE?   

36 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think Basham is the tentative starter.  He played more snaps than Jenkins or Copeland last year.  About 60% IIRC.

I'm bored so I watched a few games from last year and 2 guys who flashed a lot were Basham and Burgess.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

i wonder if i have some weird form of PTSD with regard to Jenk?

He hustles...  IIRC most his sacks are of the coverage variety

I mean, i just have these memories of RBs beating him so easily to the edge and picking up CHUNKS...

i dont dislike him whatsoever...    i just like FAST so much better

Like Darren Lee??

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

So he'll change his mind? Not.

Anthony Barr did. It's easy to just say,  "Jordan Jenkins is close to re-signing with the Jets". Not that he already signed when the embedded tweet in the OP says different.