Jets re-sign Jordan Jenkins

28 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Imagine being so starved for good EDGE play that you think Jordan Jenkins is the solution to any of it.

Currently the only person solidly railing against bringing back Jenkins at any cost.... Show me on the doll where he touched you.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Coverage doesn’t suck every play. Jenkins is a zero-sum player over 16 games. He’s a role player in the league and gets value from being a good teammate. I don’t hate him being on the team, as long as he’s cheap and he doesn’t stop us from getting an impact player.

What is it. Black or white?  Polish a turd its still a turd. 

Just now, Lurker89 said:

Currently the only person solidly railing against bringing back Jenkins at any cost.... Show me on the doll where he touched you.

You’re not wrong. I’d rather see an impact player signed at this position of need. I just don’t buy that re-signing Jenkins is a positive for this team by itself. Signing Cam Wake or Clowney does more for the Jets. 

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

1 year 5 million.

All that for a solid, locker room leader? Who will now be playing with an even big chip on his shoulder  Damn near impossible to dislike this.

Yeah that’s a shockingly low number. He’s being paid right where his value is. Now let’s go get a good player.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

What is it. Black or white?  Polish a turd its still a turd. 

Correct, we sucked at rushing the passer from the edge and we sucked defending the passer yesterday. At $5 million there is little to say other than “nice job JD” we should still be pursuing another EDGE guy.

• WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

You’re not wrong. I’d rather see an impact player signed at this position of need. I just don’t buy that re-signing Jenkins is a positive for this team by itself. Signing Cam Wake or Clowney does more for the Jets. 

CAM WAKE. 

That dude is so old, he's not even a millennial. 

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Sounds like we simply have to agree to disagree on this one.

And we'll never know because we're not signing Clowney.  But you might be right,  we may be willing to, just not at whatever price he ends up getting.

I just think in JD's plan - he wasn't going to pay both.  

If we do sign him I would be very happy to eat crow - I am one of the few around here that wants him. 

So, if these are the terms of the deal...

6 minutes ago, SR24 said:

steal 

what say you?

Wow. Amazing that the Jets got Jenkins back for $5M.

When FA started, I assumed he was going to get double that per year.

Apparently the Cheats and Ravens offered more than the Jets, but JJ wanted to play for Gregg Williams again.

Awesome.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Cam wake? 38 year old Cam Wake? You might wanna go get checked for Covid

41 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Imagine being so starved for good EDGE play that you think Jordan Jenkins is the solution to any of it.

say what you wan to.15 sacks in 2 years.

the idea that they are all coverage sacks with the CB's the Jets had is kind of silly..  Like the Prez, he fits Williams scheme.

1 minute ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

Cam wake? 38 year old Cam Wake? You might wanna go get checked for Covid

God. Read a book. Do some research. Come back. Wake had 3 less pressures in 7 less games than Jenkins. Worth a flier and he’s a guy that could settle into being our DPR.

2 hours ago, Jets723 said:

JD is crushing it so far.  I wonder if Robby does something similar and tries again next year when the market is better at the draft isn’t so deep in WR

I’ve heard that next years draft is also rich in receivers so I don’t know if next year Robbie is in a better spot.  If I was him and got more than 20 million guaranteed, I’d be taking it.

I noticed someone down voted your post.  I don’t get why some people are so negative.  I’m scratching my head about what their issue is.  There’s some serious sh*t going on in the world-  maybe this stuff isn’t that important and we should try being more pleasant to each other?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

He’s still effective and given how good our DL depth is he can be protected and given reign to crush QBs.

Sure. 

But I don't get your argument. Currently we have Tarell Basham and Luvu at OLB. We just signed Jenkins. 

This does not in any way shape or form stop us from signing/drafting another edge player. Just by numbers, we need another one. 

Cool ya jets. 

• Upvote 1