Jets re-sign Jordan Jenkins

2 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

I’ve heard that next years draft is also rich in receivers so I don’t know if next year Robbie is in a better spot.  If I was him and got more than 20 million guaranteed, I’d be taking it.

I noticed someone down voted your post.  I don’t get why some people are so negative.  I’m scratching my head about what their issue is.  There’s some serious sh*t going on in the world-  maybe this stuff isn’t that important and we should try being more pleasant to each other?

Yeah who knows.  I some part of the fan base has gotten used to being miserable that they don’t know how to react to being  somewhat hopeful lol ? 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The FA pass rusher at value I'm interested in is Markus Golden. 10 sacks last year on a Giants defense which was GOD awful

Him and Jenkins are both try hard types . Don’t need another one of those unless it’s for depth . We need a speed edge guy on the other side of Jenkins. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Adam Gase brought in Gregg Williams and basically joe Douglas. Although there’s a stigma no one wants to play for Gase, seems like a bunch of people want to play for the the guys Gase brought in. Ironic huh?

Except Gase did not bring Gregg Williams in. 

Except, before they hired Gase, Matt Rhule turned them down because they were trying to force Gregg Williams on him.

The return of OLB Jordan Jenkins is a win for the Jets, who keep a solid starter at a reasonable price — one year for a reported $5M (NFL Network). The market never warmed for him, so he decided to accept the Jets' prove-it deal. In a year, he can take another bite at the apple. Despite a team-high eight sacks, Jordan isn't a prolific edge rusher, but he's a good, complementary piece in Gregg Williams' defense. The Jets still are seeking that elusive edge presence.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

lW31qU_D_x96.jpeg

Jordan Jenkins' new contract puts him in a small fraternity. Jenkins, Quincy Enunwa and Brian Winters are the only players from the 2012-2016 draft classes to get a second contract from the #Jets #wow

Why go back to 2012?  He is the only Maccagnan draft pick to get a 2nd contract from the Jets.  We will see what happens with the 2017 and 2018 classes. Winters and Enunwa were both Idzik.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

lW31qU_D_x96.jpeg

Jordan Jenkins' new contract puts him in a small fraternity. Jenkins, Quincy Enunwa and Brian Winters are the only players from the 2012-2016 draft classes to get a second contract from the #Jets #wow

Soon to be in another more bigger, less prestigious group shown the EXIT door.

30 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Except Gase did not bring Gregg Williams in. 

Except, before they hired Gase, Matt Rhule turned them down because they were trying to force Gregg Williams on him.

Where does it say Greg Williams? Actually the article says Rhule was mostly upset about the OC.

"New York couldn't compromise with Matt Rhule.

Rhule claims he couldn't accept the Jets' vacant head coaching job because they wouldn't let him hire his own offensive coordinator, which was a major deal breaker for him."

"According to the report, the Jets weren't comfortable enough to hire a first-time NFL head coach and a first-time offensive coordinator to guide their young quarterback Sam Darnold."

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Big_Slick said:

Where does it say Greg Williams? Actually the article says Rhule was mostly upset about the OC.

"New York couldn't compromise with Matt Rhule.

Rhule claims he couldn't accept the Jets' vacant head coaching job because they wouldn't let him hire his own offensive coordinator, which was a major deal breaker for him."

"According to the report, the Jets weren't comfortable enough to hire a first-time NFL head coach and a first-time offensive coordinator to guide their young quarterback Sam Darnold."

Duh.  You're right. OTOH, it was widely reported long before they hired Gase that they were forcing Williams on whoever they took.

Here.  This time I read the article. 

It's unclear if Rhule tried to bring Snow with him to the Jets, but according to a source the Jets had targeted Gregg Williams to be their defensive coordinator regardless of whom they hired as head coach.

https://www.sny.tv/giants/news/source-matt-rhule-expected-to-have-freedom-to-pick-assistants-if-hired-as-giants-head-coach/312342868

• Upvote 1

Macagnan used to just panic and overpay any serviceable JAG

I still can’t believe Quincy Enunwa’s salary and I love JD fining him for playing hookie when he’s getting paid millions of dollars to rehab. Set the tone. Sent a message. No more loser mentality.

its crazy how all these Jet players overvalued themselves, Poole, Jenkins, Robbie

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Duh.  You're right. OTOH, it was widely reported long before they hired Gase that they were forcing Gase on whoever they took.

Here.  This time I read the article. 

I'm just happy that we got GW, I don't care how it happened.

• Upvote 4

Macagnan used to just panic and overpay any serviceable JAG
I still can’t believe Quincy Enunwa’s salary and I love JD fining him for playing hookie when he’s getting paid millions of dollars to rehab. Set the tone. Sent a message. No more loser mentality.
its crazy how all these Jet players overvalued themselves, Poole, Jenkins, Robbie

Wouldn’t it be worst if they under valued themselves and got even less . Some of y’all actually act as thou the money was coming out of y’all’s bank account.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app