Jump to content

Robby Anderson will get no more than 9M per year


Alka
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

If I was Robby's agent I would advise him to take the guaranteed money and stay put for a year or two. live to fight another day.

Robby had the misfortune of hitting free agency with a prolific WR class about to enter the league. Every team looking at WRs is dreaming about which WR they can draft in which round. I like him as a player, but he's somewhat limited and has a couple off-field incidents attached to him. He had an inflated view of what he was going to make and needs to accept reality. Jack Conklin was supposed to sign for $18M/year and took $14M while the getting was good. Robby would be wise to take a one or two year deal from the Jets to play in the same offense, put up similar or better numbers, and try to cash in when the draft doesn't have 27 WRs with first round grades. 

I'll be very pleased if he comes back for under $10M/year. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

The way Maccagnan dishes out huge contracts and overpaid so many guys.  Look I want Robby back but I love JD approach.  If Robby wants to come back on a cheaper deal I’m all for it 

I agree. However, paying Anderson what he's worth isnt overpaying him. The problem here is that folks want to underpay him. 10-13 million per year for a player who is going to be your #2 but you also know can be plugged in and be your #1 if an injury occurs is a respectable deal. 

No one is saying to give Anderson 16-20 million dollars per year, which would be a Maccagnan contract. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Like I said, bullsh*t. 

Robby was the best receiver last year, and the best receiver on the team since 2017. Robby was the #1 receiver on the team, not a slot guy catching 4 yard passes and YAC'ing it for another 5 yards. 

Robby was catching the ball down field and moving the chains. Robby had 4 or 5 productive games because Sam Darnold only had about 4 or 5 productive games. I think Robby Anderson was the only receiver on the team to register 100+ yards in a game in 2019. 

None of these other receivers had numerous game impacting completions. And Robby was playing out of position, unlike a guy like Crowder who's always been a slot guy. 

Oh, and Robby Anderson's catch rate is just 1% below Mike Evans. Give me a break. 

 

The rest of what you wrote doesnt need addressing. 

Excuses excuses excuses.  Robby sucks balls. Get over it

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

I agree. However, paying Anderson what he's worth isnt overpaying him. The problem here is that folks want to underpay him. 10-13 million per year for a player who is going to be your #2 but you also know can be plugged in and be your #1 if an injury occurs is a respectable deal. 

No one is saying to give Anderson 16-20 million dollars per year, which would be a Maccagnan contract. 

The market sets your worth, not online GM's on a message board.  His value has been set by the league and apparently they don't think much of him. You and the other Robby defenders should just take the L and crawl in a hole somewhere. You were wrong,  end of story. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

See? This ^^^ is what this is really about. 

 

Excuses? get over it? Really? Why you even here then? Robby isnt even a Jet. Oh, that's right, you had no better response. 

Lol, you compared him to Mike Evan's.  The catch rate I was using was to dispel this nonsense that Robby and Darnold have chemistry on the field.  They don't. 

And yes I think Robby does suck.  I think he can run fast and catch a ball, that's it.  The league thinks the same way apparently. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I agree. However, paying Anderson what he's worth isnt overpaying him. The problem here is that folks want to underpay him. 10-13 million per year for a player who is going to be your #2 but you also know can be plugged in and be your #1 if an injury occurs is a respectable deal. 

No one is saying to give Anderson 16-20 million dollars per year, which would be a Maccagnan contract. 

It’s all about the market.  His market had been very quiet.  It’s smart for us to try and bring him back for less.  No need to compete against ourselves. JD has really done a great job with his approach 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, choon328 said:

Lol, you compared him to Mike Evan's.  The catch rate I was using was to dispel this nonsense that Robby and Darnold have chemistry on the field.  They don't. 

And yes I think Robby does suck.  I think he can run fast and catch a ball, that's it.  The league thinks the same way apparently. 

Below

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

TL:DR

Get over it bro. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, genot said:

Exactly. our cap situation has been a good one the last few years, or more. It's the ultimate red herring.

You misunderstood.  I meant paying guys huge contracts.  JD is doing the smart approach.  He is t paying guys more than he thinks they are worth.  Look at Jenkins.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Lol, you compared him to Mike Evan's.  The catch rate I was using was to dispel this nonsense that Robby and Darnold have chemistry on the field.  They don't. 

And yes I think Robby does suck.  I think he can run fast and catch a ball, that's it.  The league thinks the same way apparently. 

Clowney, Gordon, sanders, Griffen. they suck balls too?????

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

It’s all about the market.  His market had bed very quiet.  It’s smart for us to try and bring him back for less.  No need to compete against ourselves. JD has really done a great job with his approach 

His market has been quiet from the outside looking in. If no one else was interested in Robby then Robby would have resigned with the Jets for the Jets price already. 

 

Also, the Jets have a market as well, and players generally charge more to play for bad teams. Example. If Robby Anderson decided right now to play for the Packers for 9 million per season in order to team of with Aaron Rodgers, that doesnt mean that he'd take that same deal to team up with Sam Darnold. 

It's not just price across the board. Sometimes players are willing to take less to play in a better place, sometimes players are willing to take more to play for a rebuild. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

His market has been quiet from the outside looking in. If no one else was interested in Robby then Robby would have resigned with the Jets for the Jets price already. 

 

Also, the Jets have a market as well, and players generally charge more to play for bad teams. Example. If Robby Anderson decided right now to play for the Packers for 9 million per season in order to team of with Aaron Rodgers, that doesnt mean that he'd take that same deal to team up with Sam Darnold. 

It's not just price across the board. Sometimes players are willing to take less to play in a better place, sometimes players are willing to take more to play for a rebuild. 

Not necessarily.  Robby obviously thought he was gonna get a big deal but that is not the case especially with the draft being so deep in WR.  Like I said I want Robby back but not for a big deal.  I really like how JD has operated.  He did the same thing with Jenkins and that worked out terrific.  If Robby comes back great if not then we simply draft them in one of the best WR draft classes in recent memory 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

You misunderstood.  I meant paying guys huge contracts.  JD is doing the smart approach.  He is t paying guys more than he thinks they are worth.  Look at Jenkins.  

When Idzik was here he had the same philosophy. Wayne hunter, Wesley Johnson, Giacomini. How'd that work out. I'm almost positive Douglas will draft better, but their Fa, approach is similar.  Eerily.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, genot said:

Exactly. our cap situation has been a good one the last few years, or more. It's the ultimate red herring.

Precisely. 

Macc was literally trying his hardest to give away money (Fitz, McCown etc.) and I cant remember and offseason where looked at the Jets and said "Those bad contracts really caught up with the Jets financially". And this is a team who literally paid Trumaine Johnson 32 million dollars to start 15 games AND will absorb 12 million in dead cap next year for the privilege. 

No one is saying to recklessly pay Robby, but paying him market value for his position isnt overpaying him, especially when it means that he'll continue playing for this organization that's been stuck in the sand. Sometimes you have to pay a premium for wrecking folks potential. Look at what this organization is doing to Sam Darnold. Year 3 and FINALLY someone realizes to pay attention to the Oline. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, genot said:

When Idzik was here he had the same philosophy. Wayne hunter, Wesley Johnson, Giacomini. How'd that work out. I'm almost positive Douglas will draft better, but their Fa, approach is similar.  Eerily.

Comparing Idzik(a salary cap guy only) to Douglas is not a good idea lol.  I understand you want big splash signings but we did that and...that didn’t work out lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Not necessarily.  Robby obviously thought he was gonna get a big deal but that is not the case especially with the draft being so deep in WR.  Like I said I want Robby back but not for a big deal.  I really like how JD has operated.  He did the same thing with Jenkins and that worked out terrific.  If Robby comes back great if not then we simply draft them in one of the best WR draft classes in recent memory 

Really? Can you point me to a source? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Comparing Idzik(a salary cap guy only) to Douglas is not a good idea lol.  I understand you want big splash signings but we did that and...that didn’t work out lol

Most people knew nothing about Idzik at the time in terms of what he would be as a GM, just like most folks knew nothing about Douglas in regards to the position. Macc was a scout guy and yet couldnt identify talent. So there goes that. 

 

If he's comparing free agency pick ups then I dont see the problem, both guys have made free agent pick up's for the Jets. It would be weird to compare the draft since Douglas hasnt had the opportunity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Precisely. 

Macc was literally trying his hardest to give away money (Fitz, McCown etc.) and I cant remember and offseason where looked at the Jets and said "Those bad contracts really caught up with the Jets financially". And this is a team who literally paid Trumaine Johnson 32 million dollars to start 15 games AND will absorb 12 million in dead cap next year for the privilege. 

No one is saying to recklessly pay Robby, but paying him market value for his position isnt overpaying him, especially when it means that he'll continue playing for this organization that's been stuck in the sand. Sometimes you have to pay a premium for wrecking folks potential. Look at what this organization is doing to Sam Darnold. Year 3 and FINALLY someone realizes to pay attention to the Oline. 

I still want to know what TL:DR is. Man up and tell me. 

Also,  if the Jets draft a WR in round 1 that WR will likely be the #1 WR. With Crowder, Bell, Herndon and Griffin also on the team where does Robby fit in as far as touches go? He wouldn't be the 2nd option in the passing game in that scenario.  He literally provides nothing else to the team in regards to special teams or running the ball on reverses.  In that scenario why would anyone pay him #2 money when he won't be the 2nd option? It makes no sense at all when they obviously don't value him going forward. And when the majority of his touches will most likely be taken by a rookie in the 1st or 2nd round

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Most people knew nothing about Idzik at the time in terms of what he would be as a GM, just like most folks knew nothing about Douglas in regards to the position. Macc was a scout guy and yet couldnt identify talent. So there goes that. 

 

If he's comparing free agency pick ups then I dont see the problem, both guys have made free agent pick up's for the Jets. It would be weird to compare the draft since Douglas hasnt had the opportunity.

I understand that.  But genot was basically saying that Douglas approach was the same as Idzik and it will fail which I don’t agree with.  I understand the draft hadn’t happened but I have much more faith in Douglas given his background

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...