Robby Anderson will get no more than 9M per year

Alka

4 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I understand that.  But genot was basically saying that Douglas approach was the same as Idzik and it will fail which I don’t agree with.  I understand the draft hadn’t happened but I have much more faith in Douglas given his background

Your disagreement is based on faith. All genot was saying is that both GM's approaches were similar to him. Your reaction to that is based on emotion because you're faithful, which as a fan I understand, but genot is also a fan but is not dealing in faith when discussing what he's seen. 

Also, do you have that source yet???

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Your disagreement is based on faith. All genot was saying is that both GM's approaches were similar to him. Your reaction to that is based on emotion because you're faithful, which as a fan I understand, but genot is also a fan but is not dealing in faith when discussing what he's seen. 

Also, do you have that source yet???

Has nothing to do with “faith”.  I’ve said many times I don’t know how the draft will go but I am optimistic from what I’ve seen so far.  I like that he is focused on the OL and bringing back guys who stepped up last year.  I like that he won’t overpay anyone and us t dishing out long term contracts that might hinder us.  Anyway let’s just agree to disagree.  Take care man 

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

LOL

This makes no sense.  Yes, the Jets have been giving out bad contracts.  It's one of the reasons they are a bad football team.  That and bad drafting.

It seems like Douglas is going to put an end to it.  Anderson isn't getting a $12-15M contract.  That would be another bad contract to add to your list.

If he takes a fair contract, he'll be a Jet this season.  If not, more then likely a cheaper rookie will have his job, and another FA will get his money.

What I get is as a fan, I can understand the argument either way for bringing him back.

What I dont get is the back and forth over one to two million per on a deal.  Whether he gets 10 or 12 mil, I dont care either way, the team isn't going to shlt if he gets the 12.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Has nothing to do with “faith”. 

I agree. Yet that's what you're doing. Look, I'll bold it. 

11 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I understand that.  But genot was basically saying that Douglas approach was the same as Idzik and it will fail which I don’t agree with.  I understand the draft hadn’t happened but I have much more faith in Douglas given his background

9 minutes ago, choon328 said:

But they've all been connected to multiple teams.  Not one team besides the Jets has been connected to Robby

Everybody now is playing the waiting game. We don't know who might be interested, or not in Robby. my cousin is a big time Redskins fan, they would love to have anderson paired up with Mclaurin.

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

You changing gears is what makes no sense. Let me show you. 

Lets not add "bad drafting" to this now. That's really what did this team in. The Jets have been a terrible team in both departments, however, you said that a couple bad contracts can cripple a team for years. The statement isnt true. It's clear that the Jets have been giving out bad contracts for atleast 6 years and the Jets are not crippled financially because of it. 

The Jets problem is the fact that they've given other teams players mega contracts and havent drafted players worthy of a 2nd contract. The Jets didnt even draft Anderson, but he's been arguably the Jets best player and clearly the Jets best offensive weapon since 2017. 

Im not going to watch you change narrative. You made a statement that clearly isnt true. Im just correcting you on it. The Jets have been crippled because they dont know how to identify talent no matter if it's free agency or in the draft. That has nothing to do with the fact that that only bright spot is Robby Anderson. Paying Anderson 12 million per year to be a #2 is a solid deal, especially when we were paying him an average of $550K a year to play him out of position and have him be our #1. 

Horse sh*t.  LOL

If you don't understnd that bad contracts  contribute to bad teams, you just don't understand modern football.  I know you do, and just want to hear yurself talk and  be annoyng, so  carry on LOL

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

I didn’t mean literally dude.  I never said that there is no doubt he will succeed.  He may flame out. Nobody knows 

Oh...well. There you go. 

Remember. Macc had a background of being scout. I remember so many folks saying "Hey, Macc came of the ranks as a scout, and the Texans drafted JJ Watt". 

Macc ended up being a freaking bum at the GM position. 

Like you said, no one knows what Douglas is going to be. Genot only compared his free agency moves and said that they look similar. That's all he said. 

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What I get is as a fan, I can understand the argument either way for bringing him back.

What I dont get is the back and forth over one to two million per on a deal.  Whether he gets 10 or 12 mil, I dont care either way, the team isn't going to shlt if he gets the 12.

Exactly. Douglas gave 8 mil;lion to a retired center who should have been benched after the 1st game. So please Jet nation, don't give me this s... about 11 million or so would be breaking the bank. it's nonsense

2 minutes ago, genot said:

Exactly. Douglas gave 8 mil;lion to a retired center who should have been benched after the 1st game. So please Jet nation, don't give me this s... about 11 million or so would be breaking the bank. it's nonsense

haha, I forgot about that Khalil signing. That was JD who did that wasnt it? 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

haha, I forgot about that Khalil signing. That was JD who did that wasnt it? 

He took a flyer on the guy can’t really blame him for that.  He got here literally at the end of the offseason where there were no options left

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Exactly!

Would you take him for 10? Sure. Would you say "The Jets broke the bank and overpaid" for 12? No. 

People are really overreacting to this. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I'll agree with that, but the Jets have signed 6 FA playes now, and 4 of their own.  I'm really surprised at some of the low contracts they have given out.  if they had given each player 2-3  million more, some of these productive players wouldn't be on the Jets this year.

I'd lke to see Anderson back, but for under $10M.  Seems like Douglas has put a price on each player he wants to sign in his budget.  If the player doesn't accept it, so be it, he moves on to another player.

IMO in the long term this will prove to be a very affective strategy and make the Jets a better team.  It's not about just one contract, IMO it's about team building.  Getting the right player for the right price.   

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

He took a flyer on the guy can’t really blame him for that.  He got here literally at the end of the offseason 

Of course you can blame him, it was an $8mm mistake.   It was an awful signing.

He seems to have also taken $10mm flyer on a back-up T.

I get it, these guys all make mistakes - it’s not a 100% world they work in, you win some and lose some - that’s the nature of that job - just too many variables.

But when you miss you gotta call it a miss just like when you hit you deserve credit.  To date, JD has been a middle of the road GM - but seems to going in the right direction.

But he has his first draft and we’ll start to see what type of GM we have hear.  Right now he’s still very much an unknown.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

He took a flyer on the guy can’t really blame him for that.  He got here literally at the end of the offseason where there were no options left

Bruh, he took a "flyer" on a guy who was already washed up, out of the league and retired...and gave him 8 million dollars to show why he retired. 

A flyer is getting a guy who's actually able to play, pay him a few bucks and see what you get. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Of course you can blame him, it was an $8mm mistake.   It was an awful signing.

He seems to have also taken $10mm flyer on a back-up T.

I get it, these guys all make mistakes - it’s not a 100% world they work in, you win some and lose some - that’s the nature of that job - just too many variables.

But when you miss you gotta call it a miss just like when you hit you deserve credit.  To date, JD has been a middle of the road GM - but seems to going in the right direction.

But he has his first draft and we’ll start to see what type of GM we have hear.  Right now he’s still very much an unknown.

Did I say it wasn’t a mistake?  No but it was not a huge deal considering we had nothing on the OL last year and he was hired in June.  There was no real option.  He took a shot 

16 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Why exactly does it bother fans so much how much some billionaire pays an athlete for his services. Robbie was an UDFA who has earned whatever he end up making . If he happens to earn it as an employee of the Jets then all I care about as far as he’s concern is what he does on game day .

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I want the players to get as much as they can. I also want the salary cap situation to be as good as possible. So if they can sign Robby for 8 million I am happy.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, genot said:

He was desperate and gamble the money for one season.  Money that didnt change things one way or another.  Now if he made that same move when there were other options you would have a point.  

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

8 Million flyer. That is reckless spending. No. Once Gase realized it was pointless in waiting on Kalil to relearn how to block, he put in Harrison, and the line play improved some.

• Upvote 1

Just now, FlightBoyz said:

Idk but I'm kinda on the fence about Robby. I'm honestly very intrigued by Breshad Perriman. Guy looked solid when givin the opportunity. Think a similar deal to Fants would be ideal. Basically a 1 year prove it contract.

Absolutely. Good Post 

8 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

The biggest problem I have with it is they could have just rolled the money over to this years cap. So that part sucks.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

To add insult to injury. 

JD took a guy who was out of the league and retired, and made him the 15th highest paid center in football. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/2019/average/center/

That's not taking "a flyer" on a guy. That's paying a washed up center "top half of the league" money. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jets723 said:

Did I say it wasn’t a mistake?  No but it was not a huge deal considering we had nothing on the OL last year and he was hired in June.  There was no real option.  He took a shot 

You said you couldn’t blame him.  All I said was that you could and should blame him.

He could have done nothing and kept the $8mm - the team would have been better off without him..let alone the $8mm savings.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

15 hours ago, Jets723 said:

Look I’m a Robby fan and would like him back but this is actually working out great for us.  His market isn’t as good as he thought and the deep WR draft class also is part of it.  We might be able to bring him back on a cheaper deal if he wants to test the market again next year.  That’s a win for us.  Plus we are most likely gonna draft at least two receivers in this deep class 

I agree. No team is going to pay him what he wants when you have this unprecedented number of nfl quality receivers in the draft.    He should just bite the bullet, sign a 2 or 3 year deal, try to get the largest signing bonus he can and he can be back on the market when is still only 28.   His best chance for success is with the Jets since he already has chemistry with Darnold.   I hope he or his agent comes to their senses and gets this done soon.   As evidenced by my sig, I am big fan of Robby, one of the few good moves Mac made.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JetBlue said:

I agree. No team is going to pay him what he wants when you have this unprecedented number of nfl quality receivers in the draft.    He should just bite the bullet, sign a 2 or 3 year deal, try to get the largest signing bonus he can and he can be back on the market when is still only 28.   His best chance for success is with the Jets since he already has chemistry with Darnold.   I hope he or his agent comes to their senses and gets this done soon.   As evidenced by my sig, I am big fan of Robby, one of the few good moves Mac made.  

Absolutely.  

34 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You said you couldn’t blame him.  All I said was that you could and should blame him.

He could have done nothing and kept the $8mm - the team would have been better off without him..let alone the $8mm savings.

The $8M savings only impacted last year's cap, not this one.

What player should we have spent that cap space on instead?  Otherwise you're just whining about the Johnson's losing some money out of their pockets.  

Btw where's that $14M per deal for Robby?

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

Wow.  The market really dropped out for him.  Thought he'd be gone by now.

teams looked at a head shot and realized he was human Virus 

no one can stomach giving the dude millions upon millions of dollars 

wonder why  

RONA Anderson  

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

Idk but I'm kinda on the fence about Robby. I'm honestly very intrigued by Breshad Perriman. Guy looked solid when givin the opportunity. Think a similar deal to Fants would be ideal. Basically a 1 year prove it contract.

Sign both