Robby Anderson will get no more than 9M per year

Alka

49 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We were well under the cap.  That $8M made no difference.  We could have signed Anderson at any time we wanted to, $8M or not.  

And as we're seeing right now, we probably stand to save money if we choose to sign Robby now vs signing him last offseason.

JD >>>>> Villain

snooze you lose episode 4 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

21 minutes ago, nyjbuddy said:

Robby>>>>>>JD<<<<<<Villain

?

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Like I said, bullsh*t. 

Robby was the best receiver last year, and the best receiver on the team since 2017. Robby was the #1 receiver on the team, not a slot guy catching 4 yard passes and YAC'ing it for another 5 yards. 

Robby was catching the ball down field and moving the chains. Robby had 4 or 5 productive games because Sam Darnold only had about 4 or 5 productive games. I think Robby Anderson was the only receiver on the team to register 100+ yards in a game in 2019. 

None of these other receivers had numerous game impacting completions. And Robby was playing out of position, unlike a guy like Crowder who's always been a slot guy. 

Oh, and Robby Anderson's catch rate is just 1% below Mike Evans. Give me a break. 

The rest of what you wrote doesnt need addressing. 

FREE ROBBY

ALMOST AS IF I SAW INTO THE FUTURE, EH?

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Not gloating, just showing how what folks was saying just a few hours ago was clearly wrong. 

Robby:  I want to get paid or go to a winner, or both!!

*** 1-2 weeks later ***

Robby:  Fine, I'll settle for a 1-year deal with the team has gone 29-35 the last 4 years.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Yeah, to play with this terrible ass franchise that better had been his going price. But anyway...

Like I asked @Jets723 earlier....do you have a source?

crickets. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/jets/news/source-ny-jets-might-not-be-able-to-resign-robby-anderson

Speaking on the condition of anonymity because he cannot comment publicly on transactions, the source said that the Jets believe that Anderson is looking for a contract “around $14 million and [he] wants to get paid.” 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Robby:  I want to get paid or go to a winner, or both!!

*** 1-2 weeks later ***

Robby:  Fine, I'll settle for a 1-year deal with the team has gone 29-35 the last 4 years.

He got paid. 2 years 20 million with 12 million coming in year 1. 

The panthers have seen the playoffs and superbowl this decade. How does that compare to the Jets over the same time span? 

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Yeah, to play with this terrible ass franchise that better had been his going price. But anyway...

Like I asked @Jets723 earlier....do you have a source?

crickets. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2880349-robby-anderson-rumors-jets-wr-expected-to-really-get-paid-big-in-free-agency

The Jets wideout is predicted to command between $12 million and $15 million annually on the open market, per Pelissero.

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

In that VERY ARTICLE it stats that Robby will command 12-15 Million. 

Robby is getting paid 12 million this year. 

lol. 

$12M-$15M annually.  Meaning $12-$15M per on a multi-year deal.

This is a 1 year, $12M contract.  And you think he "won"?  Yikes.  

He basically just did what Jordan Jenkins and Brian Poole did.  Sign 1-year deals and see what happens. 

Except unlike those 2, now Robby has to uproot to another state and possibly end up on 3 different teams in 3 years.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

$12M-$15M annually.  Meaning $12-$15M per on a multi-year deal.

This is a 1 year, $12M contract.  And you think he "won"?  Yikes.  

He basically just did what Jordan Jenkins and Brian Poole did.  Sign 1-year deals and see what happens. 

Except unlike those 2, now Robby has to uproot to another state and possibly end up on 3 different teams in 3 years.

Of course he won. He's signed a multi year contract bringing him in on average 10 million per, and he gets to leave this backwards franchise that was playing him out of position in order to play for a coach he's familiar with and with better overall talent, along with playing #2 and having DJ Moore across from him, Christian MacCaffrey in the backfield with Bridgewater. 

That's a f'ing win. 

51 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

In that VERY ARTICLE it stats that Robby will command 12-15 Million. 

Robby is getting paid 12 million this year. 

lol. 

Robby is not only getting less than most expected, he's essentially on a 1-year prove it deal again and likely easily cuttable if the Panthers grab a WR or two in the Draft.  They also have DJ Moore and will be coming up on an extension for Christian McCaffrey soon.

Robby got "paid" for one upcoming season at a lower number than he wanted and with no future security.  The Panthers also overpaid a bit because Matt Rhule has a connection to him and so does Teddy Bridgewater.

• Post of the Week 2

41 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

So does this mean Douglas is now on the phone with the Browns for OBJ? Is that the next step here?

Geez...I hope not.  Sign Breshad Perriman, bring back Demaryius Thomas on a one-year deal to "pencil in" to the lineup with Jamsion Crowder and then Draft two WRs in the first 3 rounds of the 2020 Draft.  They call get thrown into the hopper for training camp with Josh Doctson, Vyncint Smith and Braxton Berrios....and we see who the Top 5-6 emerge as!

I can live with Jerry Jeudy, Jamison Crowder, Michael Pittman, Breshad Perriman, Josh Doctson, and Demaryius Thomas for 2020.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Robby is not only getting less than most expected, he's essentially on a 1-year prove it deal again and likely easily cuttable if the Panthers grab a WR or two in the Draft.  They also have DJ Moore and will be coming up on an extension for Christian McCaffrey soon.

Robby got "paid" for one upcoming season at a lower number than he wanted and with no future security.  The Panthers also overpaid a bit because Matt Rhule has a connection to him and so does Teddy Bridgewater.

Alotta folks, including me, thought that BLA BLA BLA's early prediction of 10-12 was spot on...      and it was

• Upvote 2