Players want to play for Gregg Williams

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

He’s anti-Rex. He’s culture over scheme.

He teaches much more than culture and where has he been blocked out as a DC?

Last year it said here that Gase didnt want him, they didn't get along, that they wouldn't get along and whatever popped into some heads

18 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

I don’t even think he wants to be a HC at this point. He’s pretty happy with where he’s at. 

I Hope... some coaches are just not destined to be HC's... Wade Phillips is a Prime example... Exemplary DC but as a HC... not so much.

4 minutes ago, jetsons said:

I Hope... some coaches are just not destined to be HC's... Wade Phillips is a Prime example... Exemplary DC but as a HC... not so much.

I think GW is happy.  He has full control of the defense and making suggestions and he also doesn’t have to deal with the headaches of being a HC

• Upvote 3

Good. Gregg Williams is a fantastic DC. As much of an A hole he can be, he is also quiet outside of the org. When Kitchens said that crap about loud mouths etc, it was obviously directed at GW, but he said nothing. He made the absolute best lemonade out of the worst lemons I've probably ever seen on the Jets and the players like him. 

He knows his stuff and I'm glad to have him. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, GeorgeJetson said:

Williams is great in small doses, but there is a reason he’s had so many jobs in his career. 

His ego is too great 

Sure, but if he can help stabilize things, and maybe even contribute to some talent staying/being added, it's a net gain in the long run.  

19 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Good. Gregg Williams is a fantastic DC. As much of an A hole he can be, he is also quiet outside of the org. When Kitchens said that crap about loud mouths etc, it was obviously directed at GW, but he said nothing. He made the absolute best lemonade out of the worst lemons I've probably ever seen on the Jets and the players like him. 

He knows his stuff and I'm glad to have him. 

And ofcourse the angry midget Baker got Williams sh tcanned as the browns head coach.

i still vividly remember the meltdown Williams had when Hewitt botched his coverage assignment on the screen to OBJ.  If Hewitt had done what Williams told him he would have pick sixed Baker

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

And ofcourse the angry midget Baker got Williams sh tcanned as the browns head coach.

i still vividly remember the meltdown Williams had when Hewitt botched his coverage assignment on the screen to OBJ.  If Hewitt had done what Williams told him he would have pick sixed Baker

Yep.  I remember that tirade. not to swing the other way here, but that's the problem with Hewitt overall anyway. His coverage skills.  Resigning him does not make me want to cut/trade Avery. He's just solid depth. 

But yeah, I was blown away when they chose Kitchens over Williams who literally just led them to their most wins in a decade. oh well... back to the drawing board for the Brownies. 

• Upvote 2