7 Most Likely Jets Picks at 11, which 1 do you want?

7 most likely....  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Of these 7 players likely to be on the board at 11, I would draft.....

• Andrew Thomas OT
    • Jerry Jeudy WR
    • CeeDee Lamb WR
    • Henry Ruggs WR
    • K'Lavon Chaisson Edge
    • Javon Kinlaw DT
    • CJ Henderson CB
  2. 2. Of these 7 players likely to be on the board at 11, the one I would be least likely to draft is.....

• Andrew Thomas OT
    • Jerry Jeudy WR
    • CeeDee Lamb WR
    • Henry Ruggs WR
    • K'Lavon Chaisson Edge
    • Javon Kinlaw DT
    • CJ Henderson CB

so much still depends on what happens in free agency.  i doubt if they'll be able to fill either tackle spot more than they have so it seems likely they'll go for one of the top guys in the draft.  but it may also mean they do re-sign robbie or sign a guy like perriman  and then use later picks for a wr that can be developed for a season.  imo, if they don't sign a decent vet wr then they will need to use a higher draft pick to get one.

• Upvote 1

It would not surprise me if JD takes Henderson/CB or Josh Jones/T.  I just wonder if Thomas is athletic enough for what the Jets want to do.  

But, as we Jet fans have seen in the past, if certain positions/position groups are not manned by at least CAPABLE players, the whole team breaks down.  You need at least 5 capable OL and 2 capable CBs, or each game will be a poopshow.  

Signing a Peters as an insurance policy would allow JD to take the best player.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I actually agree

I really like Thomas and consider him hands down the “safest” of these OT’s.

But he’s not a great athlete. And judging by how Douglas has been building the OL so far, that’s what he and Gase seem to want.

I think unless someone like Wirfs or Wills falls to #11, the Jets are going to grab Darnold a go-to guy in the passing game for potentially the next decade.

I’d be thrilled with any one of Lamb, Jeudy or Ruggs. But at the end of the day, I prefer Lamb. I’d love to get Darnold a legit #1 wideout who can consistently win in those 50/50 contested situations. Lamb routinely attacks the piss out of the ball at its highest point and has hands made of flypaper. 

I'm resigned to this. It wont make me happy, but I cant say Jeudy or Lamb would be disappointing to me. 

• Upvote 2

For #1 I picked Thomas. Since day one I have been convinced that for the Jets: 1. Getting a Franchise LT is more important that a #1 WR. 2. A.Thomas is the top LT prospect in the draft. So if Thomas is there, even if you feel like Jeudy and Lamb have bigger upside or are slightly more talented, you take the rock at LT. 

For #2 its an interesting question. Everyone went with Kinlaw, as did I. But I actually like Kinlaw. A lot. He's an absolute monster and one of the better penetrating interior D-linemen I've seen in a while. On top of that, I would take Fulton from LSU over Henderson and would normally stay away from Chaisson b/c he has so many Red Flags. But in the end, I just cannot make myself take an interior D-lineman. There's still that thought process in the back of my head that even if I took CJ he MAY turn out to be a shut down CB and Chaisson MAY turn out to be a legit Pass Rush demon. And I could not live with myself if I passed on either one of them for a NT.  

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I actually agree

But he’s not a great athlete. And judging by how Douglas has been building the OL so far, that’s what he and Gase seem to want.

I think unless someone like Wirfs or Wills falls to #11, the Jets are going to grab Darnold a go-to guy in the passing game for potentially the next decade.

I’d be thrilled with any one of Lamb, Jeudy or Ruggs. But at the end of the day, I prefer Lamb. I’d love to get Darnold a legit #1 wideout who can consistently win in those 50/50 contested situations. Lamb routinely attacks the piss out of the ball at its highest point and has hands made of flypaper. 

Lamb also breaks a ton of tackles. We don’t really have a guy that can do that (Enunwa’s career is over). Plus, as you noted, the guy is a threat down field. 
Im curious how people are ranking these receivers. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, peebag said:

Not going to happen with the trade down.

I'm not so sure about that.  I do agree that it's unlikely but only because all trades in the first round are unlikely.  I can see a scenario...

If JD is looking for a very specific type of OL, which seems pretty clear to me he is - and let's say the one T left (of the 4) doesn't fit that mold...

And, for arguments sake,  someone really likes Lamb - I can see moving down a few spots and picking up a 2nd or 3rd.

Grabbing the most athletic T left (who fits the mold) with the first pick.

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I actually agree

The athletic types of OL JD is signing makes me feel that Thomas is the least likely OT he would like at pick 11.

I also would be happy with Lamb too. But I picked Jeudy because of his superb route running and separation ability.  

JD would then draft an OT in the 2nd round for sure. 

Im the only a-hole on the board to vote Ruggs over Lamb/Jeudy i just think this team needs a Tyreek Hill even more than it needs a Deandre Hopkins. (assuming best cases all around) 

as for Andrew Thomas, I have no inside information on this player but it feels like a stock where something's "off"  - maybe they found something at medicals, maybe he's not such a hot athlete. He is tall, which Gase and Co like but if he's fallen to 11 the question begs, why? 

He's not listed but Mekhi Becton is probably the Jets #1 OT prospect. I've done a turn around on this player since the combine happy to be wrong. He's probably not going to be there, we all agree on that, right? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Im the only a-hole on the board to vote Ruggs over Lamb/Jeudy i just think this team needs a Tyreek Hill even more than it needs a Deandre Hopkins. (assuming best cases all around) 

as for Andrew Thomas, I have no inside information on this player but it feels like a stock where something's "off"  - maybe they found something at medicals, maybe he's not such a hot athlete. He is tall, which Gase and Co like but if he's fallen to 11 the question begs, why? 

He's not listed but Mekhi Becton is probably the Jets #1 OT prospect. I've done a turn around on this player since the combine happy to be wrong. He's probably not going to be there, we all agree on that, right? 

Becton, Wirfs and Wills are all locks to not be there at 11 IMO.  But I do agree that I think Douglas takes Ruggs over the WRs you mentioned.  Mainly because I think Gase prefers him over the others.  

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Becton, Wirfs and Wills are all locks to not be there at 11 IMO.  But I do agree that I think Douglas takes Ruggs over the WRs you mentioned.  Mainly because I think Gase prefers him over the others.  

Ruggs is going the way to go but I can live with Jeudy.  Not really feeling Lamb as much. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

this sounds nutty but I suspect JD take Thomas over Wills based on Penalties. Thomas is probably the NYJ #2 LT prospect behind Becton. Wills and wirfs are not quite 6'5" making each RT only-possible guards in gase system. Which is a huge need. But you're right most likely all 3 are gone by 11. 

Josh Jones Houston is probably higher on the Jets LT board than both Wirfs and Wills but his shortish arms don't make him super valuable either. all of which leads me to the WR position...

the Ruggs smoke has been there since last fall, they have been all over this guy for quite a while.  

gut feeling the Jets really would love to trade down this year this year huh? Every year people talk about it but this year noone talking trade down and it could actually happen, with 4 or 5 prospects of similar value available at 11. The real question is Jordan Love worth the trip up, and how far would they be willing to trade back?. Cause Oakland at 12 probably loves him 

I don't know what JD's board looks like but mine is probably something like, Chase Young, Becton, Ruggs,  Everyone else in that poll (thomas, lamb/jeudy etc). If the big CB somehow fell to 11 they'd have to bite but that's not likely. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

What a surprise.  There's a decent chance we miss out on all 4 OT prospects.

Yet people yelled at me for wishing we'd lost to the Steelers and Bills.  

I doubt we will miss out on all.  We are gonna get a really good player at 11.  Either OL or WR

• Upvote 3

I've been franchise LT for awhile, but I am starting to have second thoughts, and it depends entirely on your evaluation of Jeudy and Lamb. IMO Lamb is a the best WR in this draft. Query, Who was more important to Matt Ryan? Julio Jones or his LT? You can find really good LT's, maybe not franchise level but still pretty good in almost every draft. However, truly dominant #1 WRs are few and far between. So, if you think Lamb or Jeudy is a Julio Jones type #1 WR, you take him and get your linemen later on. 

I really think the free agent signing of Fant, McGovern and Van Roten were intended to give JD the flexibility to go WR in the first round if his guy (whoever that may be) drops to him. He's also has Beachum waiting in the wings depending upon how the draft goes. I think if he get an OT in the first 2 rounds, Beachum is done as a Jet. But, if he doesn't, Beachum will be signed to a 1 year deal and Fant and Edoga will battle for the LT spot. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Query, Who was more important to Matt Ryan? Julio Jones or his LT?

Not a great example.  The Falcons drafted LT Jake Matthews with the 6th overall pick in 2014 and has been a rock solid LT ever since.  It's difficult to say Julio played a bigger role than Matthews in their one Super Bowl appearance.   

Meanwhile, there are plenty of elite/HOF WR's out there who have never won d*ck.  It's just that we love the flashy names and fantasy numbers.  

You could also argue Roddy White (# 27 pick) was a better WR for Matt Ryan.  Dude went to 3 Pro Bowls before Julio entered the league.  It's just too bad that Roddy's career was cut short.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not a great example.  The Falcons drafted LT Jake Matthews with the 6th overall pick in 2014 and has been a rock solid LT ever since.  It's difficult to say Julio played a bigger role than Matthews in their one Super Bowl appearance.   

Meanwhile, there are plenty of elite/HOF WR's out there who have never won d*ck.  It's just that we love the flashy names and fantasy numbers.  

You could also argue Roddy White (# 27 pick) was a better WR for Matt Ryan.  Dude went to 3 Pro Bowls before Julio entered the league.  It's just too bad that Roddy's career was cut short.  

Not a "great" example? It turns out, it was a terrible example. I'm back on for OT in round 1. Plus, if JD consults with Gase, I'm sure he would tell JD that he doesn't particularly care for #1 WR types. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I've been franchise LT for awhile, but I am starting to have second thoughts, and it depends entirely on your evaluation of Jeudy and Lamb. IMO Lamb is a the best WR in this draft. Query, Who was more important to Matt Ryan? Julio Jones or his LT? You can find really good LT's, maybe not franchise level but still pretty good in almost every draft. However, truly dominant #1 WRs are few and far between. So, if you think Lamb or Jeudy is a Julio Jones type #1 WR, you take him and get your linemen later on. 

I really think the free agent signing of Fant, McGovern and Van Roten were intended to give JD the flexibility to go WR in the first round if his guy (whoever that may be) drops to him. He's also has Beachum waiting in the wings depending upon how the draft goes. I think if he get an OT in the first 2 rounds, Beachum is done as a Jet. But, if he doesn't, Beachum will be signed to a 1 year deal and Fant and Edoga will battle for the LT spot. 

2 good points.  I'm starting to lean toward Joe D picking the WR higher on their board.  Could also see the trade down.  I would love to see him move down a little, draft Josh Jones, grab an extra second and double down on WRs.  

10 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

If we're talking Andrew Thomas versus Jeudy / Lamb, I think you have to go WR

Why is everyone so down on Thomas all of a sudden?  At one point he was a lock franchise LT and the first OT off the board for a lot of "experts" and draftniks here.  

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I still need to know whether we resign Robby or not. 

I am very tempted to take a WR in the first round without him

Robby's presence shouldn't have anything to do with what we do with our picks.  He's a WR2, regardless of what his salary ends up being.  Whether we keep Robby or not, we need a WR1.