Robby to the Panthers

SR24

1 minute ago, Lil O said:

I actually disagree about Crowder.  I moved to NYC from DC back in 1998, adopted the Jets the next year.  But I would always check in on the Washington team.  And he was always productive.  I had him on my fantasy football team one year when there were injuries and he ended up being the number one receiver on Washington and he still put up decent numbers. The guy took control of entire games last season. When he has a legit number one and number two to back him up I think you really realize how amazing he is. Go back and look at some of his DC tapeI had him on my fantasy football team one year when there were injuries and he ended up being the number one receiver on Washington and he still put up decent numbers. The guy took control of entire games last season. When he has a legit number one and number two to back him up I think you really realize how amazing he is. Go back and look at some of his DC tape

Please, let's not make Jamison Crowder a #1 WR. Us Jets fans have entertained plenty of fantasy worlds with this franchise. 

Crowder is a nice slot receiver. He is not a #1. 

• Upvote 2

Or did we tell Mr. People be stupid to get a career at the bowling alley? Lol!

I have to admit that some of his tweets will go down in history as absolutely hilarious! Like the one about cooking!

Whatever best of luck to em' 

I wonder if he knew that we did want him here? But now he's playing with Bridgewater correct? it's not like Bridgewater can reach him deep?

there ain't no "I" in team...

and there ain't no "we" either.

59 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Robby hung Sam out to dry plenty. Go get someone in here who wants to be a wide receiver and not just catch nine routes every fifth week

And there were plenty of times where Sam hang Robby out to dry.  In fact, more.  The elephant in the room... Sam overthrows a lot.  Way too much.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, usanyj said:

Surprised we couldn’t keep him at such a low price. He definitely didn’t get paid like he thought he would’ve 

Could have kept him....IF they had wanted to.

The Jets have $$$ and they have a WR need.  They don't think Robby is the right player to spend $10-12M on.....I'm not sure they're wrong.

• Upvote 3

And as trash as you think he is, he put up very similar numbers to Robby as a a number 3 option and can be had for half of what Robby just got.

Did he do it going up against the #1 CB on the defense. Why is it so difficult for some of y’all to admit how important Anderson was to Darnold . Even now I see folks looking for ways to critique how Anderson will look playing with Teddy B . Y’all didn’t want him and he’s gone . Y’all should be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

59 minutes ago, GeorgeJetson said:

Perriman is trash 

outside of a few flashes, most notably last December-January, he has been bad.  But those flashes were pretty good las year.  Robby was an undrafted free agent.  This guy is a former 1st round pick.  I like Robby much more.  Go figure.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tinstar said:

Did he do it going up against the #1 CB on the defense. Why is it so difficult for some of y’all to admit how important Anderson was to Darnold . Even now I see folks looking for ways to critique how Anderson will look playing with Teddy B . Y’all didn’t want him and he’s gone . Y’all should be happy.

Actually many fans did want him but he had limitations.  Other than the deep threat he can’t do much else.  This draft is also loaded with WR.  If it wasn’t maybe it would have been different 

What did we lose - a guy that had tops 800 yards in a season and we would of had to pay him 20 mil+ and he can't block and if he lost 1 step he would be useless. This now makes the Jets have to go out and get a real #1 receiver. Good Non move. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

O line more important. Tackle in round 1. Who was Lamar Jackson throwing to? Can’t recall. Draft 2 WRs on day 2 and sign Perriman ( almost had the same stats as Robby)

It's amazing how well NFL WR's can achieve separation and produce statistically when their QBs have the time to set and go thru their progressions...

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:
Profile picture for Robby Sabo

Folks, you're making a huge mistake if you automatically assume Joe Douglas is going WR at No. 11 now that Robby Anderson is elsewhere. It's possible, of course, but get that out of your heads. It's amazing how better wideouts play behind a stud OL. It's almost magical. #Jets

I agree that it is overly presumptuous to think wR is the pick now at 11.  Could be a good bargaining chip for a trade down though.

I think a trade down is now the best option.  If we could somehow someway get a Higgins and a Josh Jones for #11, I would do it in a heartbeat.

• Upvote 1

They also have a very similar player to Robby in Vyncint Smith.  Similar measurables, similar catch rate, just needs to get on field a bit more.  Smith was really good at getting 1st downs and running the ball.  He is a wide receiver going into his 3rd year and could have a boost in production if given the opportunity.  He could be a good 5th target for Darnold with deep threat abilities.  He did average 15.5 yards per catch in college and showed the ability to get that into the 17/18 range at times.

In the last 6 games he had at least 1 catch and in the last 3 games had 3 catches in each game.  He got the start in the last 2 games.  Smith and Robby both had 9 catches in the last 3 games with Smith out gaining Anderson by 8 yards. 

By no means has he shown that he can replace Anderson's production but he has shown growth throughout the year and will be entering his third year where receivers tend to breakout.

A late round candidate is Quez Watkins.  Got the speed, size and production at Southern Miss   

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Sam is beloved so he gets protected with damage control by the fanbase.

I guess.  But thats what fans do.  See: Baker Mayfield.

The proof in the pudding (did I say that?) will be how Robby does with Bridgewater.  Heh...  <chortle>

1 minute ago, nyjbuddy said:

They also have a very similar player to Robby in Vyncint Smith.  Similar measurables, similar catch rate, just needs to get on field a bit more.  Smith was really good at getting 1st downs and running the ball.  He is a wide receiver going into his 3rd year and could have a boost in production if given the opportunity.  He could be a good 5th target for Darnold with deep threat abilities.  He did average 15.5 yards per catch in college and showed the ability to get that into the 17/18 range at times.

In the last 6 games he had at least 1 catch and in the last 3 games had 3 catches in each game.  He got the start in the last 2 games.  Smith and Robby both had 9 catches in the last 3 games with Smith out gaining Anderson by 8 yards. 

By no means has he shown that he can replace Anderson's production but he has shown growth throughout the year and will be entering his third year where receivers tend to breakout.

A late round candidate is Quez Watkins.  Got the speed, size and production at Southern Miss   

Since Vyncint Smith's arrival in the league in 2018, he's accumulated 340 yards and 1 TD. 

Stop disrespecting Robby like that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

The more I think about it, the more it actually makes the Jets draft easier, at least the top pick.

If all the OL are gone by 11, go WR. If not go OL. 

JD seems to know what he wants or have alternatives.  He won’t make panic moves in FA or the draft 

• Upvote 1

Definitely hurts from a depth and chemistry with Sam perspectives. I know someone mentioned he & Sam only had a 47% connection rate or something last season, but behind that o-line and operating in that offense - that actually may be a very good rate.

Chemistry between a QB and his receivers is a very real thing. Which comes with time.

That said talent is what matters - if Joe D adds at least 2 legit talented WRs the Jets will be okay.  Most teams have a substantial drop off after their top 3 WRs. And Crowder is among the best slot receivers in the game. Offenses like the 49ers give me hope: lacking a true No. 1 WR yet still very potent. We need Joe Douglas to hit big time on our own version of Deebo Samuel. 

Still and all, on paper it seems a WR corps of Robby, Crowder and a No. 1 type would've served Sam and the offense better than two new faces. 

• Upvote 1