SR24

Robby to the Panthers

Perriman massive downgrade. JD fail.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

Yes JD did a good job.

Given your Glennon reach I see the lengths you'd go to say such a thing about JD. 

Downgrading at positions of need would be a good thing to some I guess. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, papz187 said:

They factor in how much money you spend on FA as well as who you lost/what they signed for....

So Fant alone is worth more than Robbie....factor in the other linemen we signed and minus the role players we lost and its probably a wash I'd guess

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

yeah, it can get confusing even when you know what's up with it. 

Its actually slightly different than that though. While the formula is still a "secret"  there is much written about it. It's not an added up equation as far as total monies. It's qualified players. Theoretically you could sign 3 guys and lose one and still get a comp pick. In the same way you can spend $25 mil on one player and lose 5 players for $10 mil total and still gain picks. 

Fant signed for $9.75 mil. Robbie signed for $12. They are both in a similar category and can wash each other out but it's not certain. It depends on where the Wizard makes the cut offs for each tier.  I'm still working on the equation and am only in the compiling info stage. I'm gonna take a serious whack at a prediction this year when all is said and done. 

But straight up we are plus one in the comp pick equation as far as FA players in and out. Robby puts us there. 

4 hours ago, SR24 said:

Kinda bummed not gonna lie 

Jee Zeus  H CHRIST

4 hours ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

This exactly, after JD takes 2 WRs in the top 4. Robby will move down the depth chart. No sense to pay your 4th WR 10 mill

8EF880F3-5FC4-4AE7-B203-6367A83B6B71.jpeg.e66a8d2c55baa7e402d4ef2a3a0364be.jpeg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

I was inspired to write a poem:

Thank you Robbie for some decent play
But now that you’ve gone all I can say 
Is that you were sorta scrawny 

SAR I 

At least there is 1 rhyme in it...well done.

Which got me thinking to long ago in English class, you’d be assigned to read something,the guy who wrote it called it a “poem”, yet nothing would rhyme, or make any sense at all hahaha.  What kind of maniac would write things like that?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Chemistry to the tune of a 47 % catch rate.  

We'll survive.  

Yes but there's other factors at play that factor into that. Regardless, signing Perriman was a good move.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Green Truth said:

And The NY Jets just replaced him with Perriman.

They should have signed both

5 hours ago, SR24 said:

Not surprised and not upset. He got his bucks. Good Luck and Good Bye.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, genot said:

We have to use another high pick on a WR, when we could have used it to fill other needs. Corner. o-line. Pass rusher. Your comments about him showing discipline is very similar to what people were posting on Jet insider about John Idzik.

We were always using at least 1 high pick on WR. I don't understand the view that maybe outside of the OL (and QB) all top picks should be on defense. Why would you not want us to draft WR in a historically deep and talented WR draft class.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

Not surprised and not upset. He got his bucks. Good Luck and Good Bye.

I’m surprised he didn’t just sign a one year deal.  Sure the 12MM this year is great but he has to play at a discounted rate in 2021. 

12 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

We were always using at least 1 high pick on WR. I don't understand the view that maybe outside of the OL (and QB) all top picks should be on defense. Why would you not want us to draft WR in a historically deep and talented WR draft class.

Genot honestly has no idea what he is talking about.  I doubt he even knew it was a deep WR draft class 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

its unfair to evaluate any Jets wr who had to run routes beyond 15 yards last year. 

Thank  you!!

People don't seem to understand that a poor OL impacts long developing route trees!

He’s waiting for 80 to post his opinion, so he can echo it.
Apparently they’re both excited that losing the only credible wide out (Crowder being the slot guy) on the roster might get us a 7th round comp pick next year.
Cant wait for another year of Sam needs weaponzzz!!!!

Wow people sure love the great Robby Anderson.

Like everyone else I’m looking towards the draft. The tears over losing a 47 % catch rate are entertaining, to say the least.
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, genot said:

I posted this morning that Robby would have signed back here if he was offered what Tyrell williams had signed for last year with the Raiders. My impression was Douglas was offering much less than that, and if true, he should tell the Jet's to stick it. and he did. Douglas should have been fair with the man. he's worth every bit as much as Tyrell Williams.

Anderson is nothing special. All he can do is run really fast in a straight line. 

• Upvote 1

Not happy about this.
Guess JD didnt value him as much as we thought
He valued him as much as I did , and less than Perriman.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Anderson is nothing special. All he can do is run really fast in a straight line. 

Pretty much.  And he doesn’t do that consistently either 

7 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

He valued him as much as I did , and less than Perriman.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thats fine and was before the Perriman signing.

Good recovery IMO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Wow people sure love the great Robby Anderson.

Like everyone else I’m looking towards the draft. The tears over losing a 47 % catch rate are entertaining, to say the least.

Well we know he has one huge fan with 11 of the 13 pages committed to convincing all that RA was the best 

Makes me long for the riveting Glennon sales job

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, choon328 said:

Theoretically a 1 yr deal bc they can cut him with very minimal dead money if any at all. 

Yes the Panthers can cut him without incurring a large cap hit but they control the 2nd year at 8m, a 33% cut in salary, so if they cut him they'll be admitting they made a mistake.

If Robbie has a good season the Panthers will definitely keep him for the 2021 season at a bargain salary of 8m. If they let Robbie walk it'll be because he had a terrible 2020 season and Robbie would hit free agency in a bad position.

7 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Have you even seen the contract?  It is basically a one year deal for about 12 million.  Why would the Panthers regret that for a solid starting wide receiver with his speed and only 26 years old?  I don't get the hate... I really don't.

Have you seen him play? He loses games with half assing on the field. Are you serious? Addition by subtraction 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Lith said:

If we were heading into the season with this group, then any criticism leveled at JD would be valid.  Good thing we still have 17+ months until the season starts.  

fixed it.

Hope not, but the world is super nuts now.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

At least there is 1 rhyme in it...well done.

Which got me thinking to long ago in English class, you’d be assigned to read something,the guy who wrote it called it a “poem”, yet nothing would rhyme, or make any sense at all hahaha.  What kind of maniac would write things like that?

Hunter Thompson | SEDITION ROAD

• Post of the Week 2

6 hours ago, jgb said:

This was pretty much a lateral move.....a WR3 for a WR3.  As an example using just one data point, ESPN and their "Top 100 Free Agents" had these two listed just 3 spots apart.

223489360_ScreenShot2020-03-24at11_22_17PM.png.d123b9c6520563c0fea6f8aa569ee059.png

786602216_ScreenShot2020-03-24at11_22_34PM.png.3ff139665cdf95b6ccc00ac0a44ded89.png

As for more similarities....

1643302627_ScreenShot2020-03-24at5_02_33PM.png.11a3f97b19ffa65626d6899a2a9d70ee.png

The only thing not similar?  Their prices!!

Well done, Joe D.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, SR24 said:

We need to face the facts. Robby did not want to come back. Screw 'em. Either trade for OBJ, or take Jeudy in the draft. I would do headstands if the Jets did both.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, jgb said:

You’ll get neg’d but it is.

Seriously unimpressive if this is our last WR addition. He’s had like 5 good games in 4 years. Benefited from Winston’s balls to the wall style which inflated numbers of everyone. 

Everyone will be happy to see the back of him in 12 months. Not even a JAG.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

44 minutes ago, SR24 said:

If this is true, it’s a terrible decision for him. 

Not because of the money or how the deal was structured but because he goes from a team with little options (meaning more opportunity for him to get the ball) to a team where he is, at best, the 4th best option behind Mcaffrey, Samuel and Moore. 

45 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Good luck to him.  He bet on himself and lost, when he turned down the deal
Douglas probably pulled it and held firm to a 1 year deal for 8 million.
Anderson then tried to save face by going to CAR

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, SR24 said:

We’re going to see a lot of this as offensive players will choose to play elsewhere for less as long as Gase is here.