Jets Sign Perriman

SR24

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

That's how bad it was. 5 years on it's still absurd

And during those 5 years I seen Bryce Petty, Christian Hackenberg, McCown get a payday, We pick up Bridgewater only to trade him for a 3rd round pick the we all knew the Jets would blow, because that's what they do, and the complete flushing down the toilet of Sam Darnold's career. 

There was a time that everytime you posted something, folks around here basically asked you to stop posting. 

I can see why that was. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, extmenace said:

I live in the Tampa market. Watched a ton of bucs games. Jameis was literally locking on to those two guys on almost every pass attempt, Which I can’t fault him for doing.  Both of those guys are elite WRers. The opportunity wasn’t there when both of those guys were on the field. With that being said, I’m not here proclaiming this guy is going to become a great player but, regardless of the system, the guy put together a great final 5 games of the season. There were other WRers on the roster that had the same opportunity to step up and produce, but he was the guy that did it. He has a first round pedigree and flashed some potential when he was finally put in a favorable situation.  I’d have perfered to keep Robby but It didn’t happen. This was a good plan B signing with some upside. 

Im going to say this again. 

If anyone know's Bruce Arians system (Not just the name and face of the coach) then you know why this happened. He runs a down field offense. which is how that same Jameis can throw 30 picks and 7 pick 6's yet still put up MVP like numbers. 

To only look at Perriman's last 5 games and ignore his first 46 is Jetsy. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Kevin L said:

I'm not arguing that we couldn't use an upgrade over Robby.

I'm arguing that Perriman is that upgrade.

He isn’t an upgrade

If anything, it’s a slight downgrade.

But we also aren’t going to be relying on him to be our #1 receiver like we had been with Robby for the last 3 1/2 years. 

I’d put at least 70% odds on either Jeudy, Lamb or Ruggs wearing green & white by the end of next month. That’s where your big upgrade is coming from.

So say hypothetically the Jets draft Jeudy. Odds are Jeudy, Crowder, Herndon and Bell will all see more targets in the passing game than Perriman.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

And during those 5 years I seen Bryce Petty, Christian Hackenberg, McCown get a payday, We pick up Bridgewater only to trade him for a 3rd round pick the we all knew the Jets would blow, because that's what they do, and the complete flushing down the toilet of Sam Darnold's career. 

There was a time that everytime you posted something, folks around here basically asked you to stop posting. 

I can see why that was. 

None of what you are posting about the past is relevant.  We have a new GM who has done a nice job bringing back our key free agents at fair prices. He did not overpay on Day 1 of free agency for other team's players like Mac used to do.  Now the most important part of JD's job is upon us, the draft. Let's hope he can draft. Because regardless of free agency, the draft is most important in building a team.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Jets fans have the uncanny ability to elevate players after they leave.  Robbie Anderson's legend is quickly approaching Sanchez level status for some here.  

Robbie Anderson at his best is a flawed #2 WR in the NFL but realistically, a #3 WR.  He's replaceable.   Let's just chiiiiiiiiiiiill. 

Good Post.  Some are acting like we lost a guy who had multiple 1000 yard seasons lol 

4 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Who knows?? Maybe they didn't want him, at least not at that price.  He certainly didn't get much action in free agency.

He certainly didnt get much in free agency? I doubt he'd agree with you, especially as a guy who had to make his way into the league as an undrafted rookie playing on one of the most unstable teams in the league. To go from starting 6 figure deals to now at 8 figures is much for the guy who actually got it. Of course that sh*t is nothing to those who aint getting that money. lol. 

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

He isn’t an upgrade

But we also aren’t going to be relying on him to be our #1 receiver like we had been with Robby for the last 3 1/2 years. 

I’d put at least 70% odds on either Jeudy, Lamb or Ruggs wearing green & white by the end of next month. That’s where your big upgrade is coming from.

So say hypothetically the Jets draft Jeudy. Odds are Jeudy, Crowder, Herndon and Bell will all see more targets in the passing game than Perriman.

Which is why they didn't want to pay Robby. He'd be in the same boat as Perriman. Idk why other people are having such a hard time understanding that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Jets fans have the uncanny ability to elevate players after they leave.  Robbie Anderson's legend is quickly approaching Sanchez level status for some here.  

Robbie Anderson at his best is a flawed #2 WR in the NFL but realistically, a #3 WR.  He's replaceable.   Let's just chiiiiiiiiiiiill. 

Agreed.  Robby and Breshad are BOTH WR3's in this league.....they've just been forced into different spots depending upon whoever else was on the roster.

It seems pretty clear that once Goodwin and Evans were hurt last year Perriman stepped in and took over well at WR1 while facing other teams' top cornerbacks.  It doesn't mean he's a WR1 but it does mean he can seize the opportunity.

I doubt that Perriman is as good as his final 5 games of last year.  But I also doubt he's as bad as his first couple of seasons seemed to be.  Some guys need a little while to marinate and get experience.  I'd rather bet on what someone has done recently than what they did years ago.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 3

2 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

None of what you are posting about the past is relevant.  We have a new GM who has done a nice job bringing back our key free agents at fair prices. He did not overpay on Day 1 of free agency for other team players like Mac used to do.  Now the most important part of JD's job is upon us, the draft. Let's hope he can draft. Because regardless of free agency, the draft is most important in building a team.

Mind your business, you dont understand the context of what I posted. 

• Thumb Down 2

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

This is a dude who's never even been a legit starter for any of the 3 teams he's played on. 

He's suddenly the "replacement" for the only stable receiver we've had on this team the past 4 years. 

This entire fanbase is high as a kite right now. 

alison brie weed GIF

He’s not as good as Robby. No doubt about that. 

But he can take the top off the defense and we needed receivers.

It’s one year. 

But the reason it looks good? Because we clearly had a plan in place if Robby chose another team and we took care of it quickly.

Don’t worry, we’ll be drafting WR’s for sure this year too. 

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

"Mind your business??" What a stupid statement.  Anything posted on this board is to be read by everyone.  If want something privacy PM to your thought to a targeted individual. 

Just now, RedBeardedSavage said:

He’s not as good as Robby. No doubt about that. 

But he can take the top off the defense and we needed receivers.

It’s one year. 

But the reason it looks good? Because we clearly had a plan in place if Robby chose another team and we took care of it quickly.

Don’t worry, we’ll be drafting WR’s for sure this year too. 

There's always a plan to fill of the roster with bodies. C'mon. 

Swapping out Anderson for Perriman is similar to swapping out Darryl Roberts for Pierre Desir.  You can debate who is a little worse or better all you want.....but these are mostly lateral moves IMO.   Maybe a slight downgrade, maybe a slight upgrade from a talent perspective.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Kevin L said:

Lol Perriman 10 revs. 89 yes 1 TD through 8 games. 

Try harder.

We were talking about their best 5 games then you said to take 1 of them away.  That leaves the other 4. Are you Robby? Do I need to slow up for you?

Oh here, maybe this will help...

PerRiMan dId GoOd HIs LaST 5 GaMeS. He wAs Da Bomb. #quArTiNe

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Agreed.  Robby and Breshad are BOTH WR3's in this league.....they've just been forced into different spots depending upon whoever else was on the roster.

It seems pretty clear that once Goodwin and Evans were hurt last year Perriman stepped in and took over well at WR1 while facing other teams' top cornerbacks.  It doesn't mean he's a WR1 but it does mean he can seize the opportunity.

I doubt that Perriman is as good as his final 5 games of last year.  But I also doubt he's as bad as his first couple of seasons seemed to be.  Some guys need a little while to marinate and get experience.  I'd rather bet on what someone has done recently than what they did years ago.

Good Post.  Both are very similar players.  Maybe Robby has a slight edge but not by a lot.  He is what he is  a number 3 receiver on most teams.  The draft is where I see Douglass adding a couple of good WR for the future 

• Upvote 2

Just now, JetsFanatic said:

"Mind your business??" What a stupid statement.  Anything posted on this board is to be read by everyone.  If want something private PM your thought to a targeted individual. 

Again.

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

• Thumb Down 2

5 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

He isn’t an upgrade

Of course. People like to bash on Robby for not being a #1. Fair enough, but crowing about freaking Perriman being an upgrade is just ridiculous.

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Im going to say this again. 

If anyone know's Bruce Arians system (Not just the name and face of the coach) then you know why this happened. He runs a down field offense. which is how that same Jameis can throw 30 picks and 7 pick 6's yet still put up MVP like numbers. 

To only look at Perriman's last 5 games and ignore his first 46 is Jetsy. 

To be fair he wasn’t put in a position to succeed in his first two teams. Baltimore and Cleveland were both bad places for wide receivers to succeed. He was put in a good system last year and we saw what he could do. No reason he can’t succeed in Gases system 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1