Jets Sign Perriman

SR24

3 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

dcwaAM5X_reasonably_small.jpg

Perriman ranked 4th on this FA WR list I put together, one spot ahead of Robby. His final 5 games were destructive enough to make up for a quiet/inefficient first 9 games

Very interesting.  Supports the idea that these are largely similar players right now.

And look at Perriman's much better Drop Rate......I thought that was a criticism some people had of him?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

We were talking about their best 5 games then you said to take 1 of them away.  That leaves the other 4. Are you Robby? Do I need to slow up for you?

Oh here, maybe this will help...

PerRiMan dId GoOd HIs LaST 5 GaMeS. He wAs Da Bomb. #quArTiNe

PeRrimAN WaS GooD FoR 5 GameEZ So HeZ BetTeR aNd StUFf.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

Man I know we’ve been crazy starved of offensive talent for a long time... but boy is Robby Anderson way overrated by the fanbase 

We've got to add playmakers to this team. Of course, we also have to bolster our offensive line. JD seems to be addressing these areas.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Man I know we’ve been crazy starved of offensive talent for a long time... but boy is Robby Anderson way overrated by the fanbase 

Bigtime.  In fairness it’s only a few.  Most are in agreement that although Robby provides a real good deep threat he is too streaky and can be replaced 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

My man couldn’t do anything in a downfield vertical offense with his speed and pedigree, but he’s supposed to come to Adam Gase’s dink and stupid offense and be a baller? Ok Jets fans, I c u!!!

When he wasn't stuck behind two of the best WR's in ther NFL he did pretty good for himself. 

5 games

25 Rec

500+ yes

5 TDs

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

That is Bruce Arians system. 

The same System that can produce MVP level Jameis Winson with over 5K yards and 30 TD's. Except Jameis also wanted to be defensive player of the year with 30INT's and 7 pick 6's. 

In every season that Arians has been a head coach, he's been in the top 3 of average length of completed plays. Arians throws the ball down field. 

We shouldnt expect this type of production when we havent had a 4,000+ yard QB since 1967. 

Also take into account that Perriman was surrounded by Evans and Godwin. 

Perriman will most likely be the #2 Wide out across from a rookie, not hidden between two receivers who are basically #1 receivers. 

Your points about Arian's system are well taken but Perriman did produce when Evans and Godwin were injured.  He had great games when he was the number 1 option.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

My man couldn’t do anything in a downfield vertical offense with his speed and pedigree, but he’s supposed to come to Adam Gase’s dink and stupid offense and be a baller? Ok Jets fans, I c u!!!

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

When he wasn't stuck behind two of the best WR's in ther NFL he did pretty good for himself. 

5 games

25 Rec

500+ yes

5 TDs

Perriman has played in 51 total games. 

you may want to adjust those numbers. 

4 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Did you watch perriman after Evans and Godwin went down or are you one of those guys that only watch Jets games from your seat in the upper deck and got the rest of your sports info from Mike Francesca's app?

2 minutes ago, Kevin L said:

PeRrimAN WaS GooD FoR 5 GameEZ So HeZ BetTeR aNd StUFf.

Robby was only good for 5 games last year and he started every single one of them.  Perriman  only started 5 games and was good in all of them. 

In fact, Robby has played good in only 8 of the last 30 games he's played while starting all of them. 

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

It's not good when a 3 minute highlight youtube video represents 95% of your 4 year career. 

How many great games has Robby had the last 2 years? Maybe 8 at most. He's awesome.  Pay the man.

• Upvote 2

Just now, docdhc said:

Your points about Arian's system are well taken but Perriman did produce when Evans and Godwin were injured.  He had great games when he was the number 1 option.

No one is denying that, and he did a damn good job in those 5 games under Arians. 

Im saying what about the other 46 games when he wasnt playing under Arians. Better yet, what about the other 11 games while at Tampa Bay. Even if he was behind Godwin and Evans, Arians doesnt run a 2 WR set. He puts WR's on the field often. Where was Perriman throughout the season? 

This is the same stuff that I see every season. Folks take a small percentage and then want to begin extrapolating. 

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Robby was only good for 5 games last year and he started every single one of them.  Perriman  only started 5 games and was good in all of them. 

In fact, Robby has played good in only 8 of the last 30 games he's played while starting all of them. 

And Perriman has been good for 5 games his whole career.

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

Thanks for that

he can take the top of the defense. We have our burner. I’m in JD’s corner and trust him to fill out the wideouts. But even Perriman’s highlights show him constantly double clutching and fighting the ball. I’ll miss Robby plucking every ball out of the air cleanly. 

Overall very happy with JD. This is a downgrade from Robby but I urge us all to be patient and see how the rest of FA, trades and draft go.  

my number one concern is not wins but rather Sam Darnold’s progression and keeping him upright and safe, and JD is doing a lot OT make that happen

25 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Perriman started a total of 10 games in his career, which includes the 5 games that everyone is raving about. 

What im trying to tell these Jets fans is to keep things in perspective. We know that those last 5 games were in a Bruce Arians offense and that before those 5 games what has he done? I'll give you a clue. 

In those last 5 games Perriman produced 5 TD's if im correct. However, for his career (since 2016) he had 10 TD's. 

He's never been considered a certified starter for any team he's been on. He's started is less than 20% of the games he's actually played in. 

You seem pretty riled up about this guy for some reason. I don't know why that is nor do I really care. I'm just trying to learn about him personally. I'm not trying to argue with you or anyone else.

The last 5 games are interesting and give reason for fans to be hopeful about his potential IMO. 

I wonder why he has struggled so much to crack the starting lineup. Maybe he's having a hard time understanding playbooks or something.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, David Harris said:

But it was his last 5 games and he’s still a speed demon, you need one of those. Not everything by a long shot but brings a vital element of speed 

Interesting note... he is approximately 20 pounds heavier and stronger than Anderson.  Yet still a burner.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

You seem pretty riled up about this guy for some reason. I don't know why that is not do I really care. I'm just trying to learn about him personally.

The last 5 games are interesting and give reason for fans to be hopeful about his potential IMO. 

I wonder why he has struggled so much to crack the starting lineup. Maybe he's having a hard time understanding playbooks or something.

It's not Perriman personally. The signing would have been nice had we actually had starting receivers on this team. Perriman has never shown that he's a reliable starting receiver. 

Folks can point to 5 games, but I can point to 4 years over 3 teams where he wasnt a starter. 

That's concerning to me because Im not getting positive vibes at this moment regarding what our general manager is doing. 

I'd rather be riled up now, then to pretend like this signing is the sh*t like many folks are doing, then if it doesnt work out then want to hand JD as if folks werent supporting it at the time. 

This feels like a backwards move. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

That's about as many games as Perriman has starts in his 4 year career. 

lol. 

Not denying it's only been 8 games the past 2 years.  That's why your opinion about Robby is incorrect and dumb.  That's why 95% of the people on this board disagree with you. 

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Robby playing 91 percent of the snaps and can not eclipse 900 yards.  Now that is telling right there.  Wow.  Perriman 5 Quality starts having to step up.  500 yards. Yes I will take Perriman as my new number 3 at a cheaper price.  Good job JD.  Crowder is the 2 out of the slot and numero uno will come out of the draft.  In Joe D I trust.

• Upvote 2