Jets Sign Perriman

SR24

2 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

Great players play great even with garbage coaches.  Robby is not a great player.  Also not the best person off the field either, from what we have seen.  I hope Robby does well,  I just do not see it.  We will agree to disagree.

We already know that Robby isnt a great player. You've clearly made that known. 

What makes Perriman a great player then? 

I'll wait. 

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Lets not be simple. We're talking about starting wideouts. Nots slot guys who run sticks and crossers. 

In today's NFL most of the plays are with 3 WR's.  Crowder is a starter.  So Troy Brown, Welker and Edelman were just straight up garbage in your eyes.   That is why this conversation is over.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

We know that the circumstances is that the Panthers offered him a contract and he took it. 

Are you saying that I dont know that? 

And if the Jets didnt offer him one that means they didnt want him.

If youre a fan you go with this, if not with the line youre selling 
No, dont know that.  

You dont have a clue, anymore than anyone should at this point.  Difference is youre running around telling people you know

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

I like it.  Robby is probably the more complete WR but Perriman can take the top of similar to Robby.  They still need 2 WR's in the draft.

Has Robby ever had a 3 TD game?  Also Perriman seems better at YAC while Robbie just sits down like a lamb. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Green Truth said:

In today's NFL most of the plays are with 3 WR's.  Crowder is a starter.  So Troy Brown, Welker and Edelman were just straight up garbage in your eyes.   That is why this conversation is over.  

I'll wait for you to finish playing semantics. When you're done, then deal with the actual topic at hand. 

Stop telling me about Troy Brown, Welker and Edelman if Tom Brady isnt our QB and Belichick isnt our coach. 

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I'll wait. 

Last but not least,  Perriman is what Robby is a 3 at best.  So we replaced a 3 with a 3 for less money.

Just now, Green Truth said:

Last but not least,  Perriman is what Robby is a 3 at best.  So we replaced a 3 with a 3 for less money.

Again. 

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I'll wait. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

I'll wait for you to finish playing semantics. When you're done, then deal with the actual topic at hand. 

Stop telling me about Troy Brown, Welker and Edelman if Tom Brady isnt our QB and Belichick isnt our coach. 

Your one of those people that have to have the last word.  Here is your chance.  Enjoy.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Lets not be simple. We're talking about starting wideouts. Nots slot guys who run sticks and crossers. 

Yeah let's not be simple.  A good slot WR became more important to NFL offenses than the 2nd outside WR years ago.

You also might want to check the data on route tree variation between slot receivers and outside receivers, not really much difference.

28 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Im not the one who mentioned "late bloomer" so how about answering the question. 

Um, he bloomed at the end of last year. Will he continue that next year? We can wait to find out or cry like little school girls because we are SOJFs that cry about every move this team makes.

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And if the Jets didnt offer him one that means they didnt want him.

So we're dealing with "if" sitiations now. 

If youre a fan you go with this, if not with the line youre selling 
No, dont know that.  

You dont have a clue, anymore than anyone should at this point.  Difference is youre running around telling people you know

It's clear that the clue I knew was the one I spoke about, which was about the Panthers offering the contract that Robby sold. 

Im not over here selling "if" statements. then ending convo's with "Difference is youre running around telling people you know"

I know the Robby signed with the panthers for a respectable deal and the "if" statements by damage controllers dont mean much at this point. 

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Yeah let's not be simple.  A good slot WR became more important to NFL offenses than the 2nd outside WR years ago.

You also might want to check the data on route tree variation between slot receivers and outside receivers, not really much difference.

Yet, the continued semantics shows that you're clearly being simple. 

I'll move on. My point was made. 

This is an excellent signing. Save bucks. Pretty even exchange in terms of talent.  This now gives JD the luxury of getting his 2nd WR later in the draft. Grab one of the better wr prospects in round 2 and wait till round 4 or 5 for another. Will still be good talent at the wr position there.   

• Upvote 1

Nobody defending Robby has yet to answer this question and they won't.  With Crowder, Bell, Herndon/Griffin and the likely 11th overall pick at WR (Ruggs/Jeudy/Lamb) where would Robby get touches and what would his numbers look like in that scenario? The rookie immediately would replace his current share of the targets, that's not debatable. The next highest WR on the Jets in 2019 had 58 targets.  With Robbys 54% catch rate that's 31 rec and 434 yds. Is that worth $12 million in 2020?

Any of the following guys defending Robby want to answer this? 

@Samtorobby47

@Villain The Foe

@greenwichjetfan

@Kevin L

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2