Jets Sign Perriman

SR24

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Um, he bloomed at the end of last year. Will he continue that next year? We can wait to find out or cry like little school girls because we are SOJFs that cry about every move this team makes.

That's what we call "late blooming" now? 

I mean sh*t, I thought something like Devante Parker's season would qualify as a late bloomer. Now all you have to do is play well over a 5 week stretch and you've come into yourself though you've produced less than 700 yards and of the 14 games you played only started 4 of them? lmao. 

For the record, SOJF is only a thing because the SOJ is still a thing. That doesnt bother me. 

This logic of yours doesnt hold water. So I'll ignore that SOJF comment, and stick with the "You dont move on from what you know because of some 4 year WR had a nice 5 game stretch. 

7 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

I know some say these kinda signings are low risk high reward but I see a ton of risk when you’re only reliable WR is Crowder. 

We can’t really afford these guys to underperform.

What about Robbie's 2019 contract year season would you describe as reliable? 

The nine games he caught 3 or fewer passes?

If Robbie played the entire season with the grit he showed in the last 4 or 5 games, I might feel worse about losing him.  But then again, if he did show that level of consistency, the Jets probably would have resigned him.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Paradis said:

In a Bruce Arians offense with Winston throwing 432 times a game.... please. 

He caught 17/24 targets his last 3 games for 350 yards. 

So your argument that he was merely targeted a ton is ridiculous.

Robby Anderson's last 16 catches last year were on 28 targets.

Nice try.

• Upvote 1

Obviously Jets fans liked Robby. I did but never saw him as an impact player. U gotta understand he's replaceable. Perriman granted hasn't had success until 5 games last year. He will be given n opportunity to ball out with Sammy D. Guarantee it wasn't Arians system. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

What about Robbie's 2019 contract year season would you describe as reliable? 

The nine games he caught 3 or fewer passes?

If Robbie played the entire season with the grit he showed in the last 4 or 5 games, I might feel worse about losing him.  But then again, if he did show that level of consistency, the Jets probably would have resigned him.

Where in my post did I mention Robby?

All I’m talking about is what’s on the team. 

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He caught 17/24 targets his last 3 games for 350 yards. 

So your argument that he was merely targeted a ton is ridiculous.

Robby Anderson's last 16 catches last year were on 28 targets.

Nice try.

If you can show anywhere else in Perriman's career that reflects that statline I'll rescind everything I've said here today. 

If you cant, then that's basically an abberation. 

1 minute ago, FlightBoyz said:

Obviously Jets fans liked Robby. I did but never saw him as an impact player. U gotta understand he's replaceable. Perriman granted hasn't had success until 5 games last year. He will be given n opportunity to ball out with Sammy D. Guarantee it wasn't Arians system. 

Absolutely. I fully admit I liked Robby and would have liked him back.  But am I pissed he is gone and think the sky is falling?  No lol.  He is what he is.  He is not an impact player he is a good deep threat but streaky.  He is replaceable 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

I think stats like that should only be considered for folks who actually start football games as a norm in their career. 

Yeah agree I think the stat is recorded for players who had 50+ targets and Perriman had 1 drop in 65. So luckily his sample size is large enough to warrant using that stat 

16 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

We already know that Robby isnt a great player. You've clearly made that known. 

What makes Perriman a great player then? 

I'll wait. 

Nothing makes Perriman "great"

Very active in this thread dragging the $6 Mil gtd signing.

Are you sad Robby is gone?

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

Just now, Jets723 said:

Absolutely. I fully admit I liked Robby and would have liked him back.  But am I pissed he is gone and think the sky is falling?  No lol.  He is what he is.  He is not an impact player he is a good deep threat but streaky.  He is replaceable 

He is replaceable, but if this is the replacement, then it's a f'ing fail. 

4 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Where in my post did I mention Robby?

All I’m talking about is what’s on the team. 

If I incorrectly inferred you preferred the Jets re-signing Robby with the Panthers terms instead of Perriman and this deal, my bad.

Just now, Lurker89 said:

Nothing makes Perriman "great"

Then folks need to stop talking about Robby and "great" since no one has said Robby is great, but had a great skill in particular 

Very active in this thread dragging the $6 Mil gtd signing.

Im very active when a signing comes off like we're going backwards. If this is supposedly Robby's replacement then we are replacing a starter for a guy who's never been a starter. 

I shouldnt be the only person having a problem with that. 

Are you sad Robby is gone?

Generally I'm glad Robby's gone. Over the years I've seen how this organization has been ran along with how this fanbase really dealt with Robby. I think it it was for the best that he went to a better situation and got away from a toxic organization that has yet to show that they know wha they're doing to turn their fortunes around. 

2 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

We can revisit this after the season then. No point in crying over spilt milk. We move forward 

No one is crying over spilt milk, just stating the facts while folks talk about milk and moving forward from a signing that's hours old. 

If that's the energy surrounding this guy, then it kinda supports the mixed feelings. 

21 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Ok. 

Perrimans numbers, catch rate, avg YPC, and TDs from his last season say he's a deep threat.

Try again.

Nah won’t need to try again. I’m totally with ya if we’re only discussing the 10 or so games in which he broke 50 yards or had a TD. Also, if we’re just picking and choosing games and straight up omitting the rest, Stephen Hill’s numbers, catch rate, avg YPC, and TDs from his first career game say he’s a deep threat too! And in Hill’s case, I’m only omitting 22 career games, whereas you’re omitting 41 career games for perriman! Yay numbers!

1 minute ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I understand that. But Robby's not an elite talent - he can be replaced.

And you can tell that by where and for how much he signed - he was signed for #2 money to a team with no quarterback and desperate for WR's. 

That's easier said than done when it comes to the Jets. If Robby Anderson is so easily replaced then why has he been the only legit wideout on the team since he arrived? 

And that team he signed #2 money for is a team who was looking for a #2 who has a #1 and a #2 and has Teddy Bridgewater. 

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

He is replaceable, but if this is the replacement, then it's a f'ing fail. 

Yikes man get over it Robby isn't that good to say a signing like Perriman is a fail. He killed it when given the chance with Winston as the QB. Come on. 

13 minutes ago, adb280z said:

Not love of Anderson but more disdain for Perriman.  

It’s incredible how every pro perriman poster in this thread immediately jumps to Robby Anderson. I’ve already been “accused” of being a Robby lover twice in this thread, when I don’t have a single pro Robby post to my name. 

It’s like they’re unable to see Perriman’s suckage as a stand alone fact. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

Yikes man get over it Robby isn't that good to say a signing like Perriman is a fail. He killed it when given the chance with Winston as the QB. Come on. 

Oh, my bad. Let me jump on the 5 week Perriman train...while forgetting his other 46 games and simply say that he's a later bloomer and that he can easily replace Robby. 

You're right. 

5 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Nah won’t need to try again. I’m totally with ya if we’re only discussing the 10 or so games in which he broke 50 yards or had a TD. Also, if we’re just picking and choosing games and straight up omitting the rest, Stephen Hill’s numbers, catch rate, avg YPC, and TDs from his first career game say he’s a deep threat too! And in Hill’s case, I’m only omitting 22 career games, whereas you’re omitting 41 career games for perriman! Yay numbers!

I'm not omitting sh*t.  I'm going off of their recent history.

Robby has been living off that 2017 season up until this point.  He's regressed since then.  Perriman has improved and stepped up.  I'll take the guy who improved in less games, less snaps, has no character or effort concerns, and is half the cost, over the guy who has effort issues, route running issues, hand issues, attitude issues, and will cost more + a draft pick any day of the week.

Stephen Hill never came close to either WRs best years of production btw.  What an absolute ridiculous comparison.

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

That's easier said than done when it comes to the Jets. If Robby Anderson is so easily replaced then why has he been the only legit wideout on the team since he arrived? 

And that team he signed #2 money for is a team who was looking for a #2 who has a #1 and a #2 and has Teddy Bridgewater. 

Teddy Bridgewater is holding it down for the rookie they draft this year and while I respect the Bridge, he cannot, cannot throw the deep ball. 

DJ Moore and Curtis Samuel? DJ Moore is good. Curtis Samuel is...?

I just don't see how this is the better move for Robby in any way but financially. That's what he wanted. And he's a guy that's exactly to be counted upon for good decision making off-the-field either. He's a good player. I liked him on the Jets. He's also a liability off the field and not irreplaceable. 

And he couldn't be replaced because our last two GM's were trash that ignored offense outside of drafting Sam and signing Bell. I just don't see that as a ringing endorsement of Robby. 

25 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Nobody defending Robby has yet to answer this question and they won't.  With Crowder, Bell, Herndon/Griffin and the likely 11th overall pick at WR (Ruggs/Jeudy/Lamb) where would Robby get touches and what would his numbers look like in that scenario? The rookie immediately would replace his current share of the targets, that's not debatable. The next highest WR on the Jets in 2019 had 58 targets.  With Robbys 54% catch rate that's 31 rec and 434 yds. Is that worth $12 million in 2020?

Any of the following guys defending Robby want to answer this? 

@Samtorobby47

@Villain The Foe

@greenwichjetfan

@Kevin L

I’ll ask for a third time since you seem to be slow: Find one post in my entire history where I defended Robby or was even pro Robby.

26 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Nobody defending Robby has yet to answer this question and they won't.  With Crowder, Bell, Herndon/Griffin and the likely 11th overall pick at WR (Ruggs/Jeudy/Lamb) where would Robby get touches and what would his numbers look like in that scenario? The rookie immediately would replace his current share of the targets, that's not debatable. The next highest WR on the Jets in 2019 had 58 targets.  With Robbys 54% catch rate that's 31 rec and 434 yds. Is that worth $12 million in 2020?

Any of the following guys defending Robby want to answer this? 

@Samtorobby47

@Villain The Foe

@greenwichjetfan

@Kevin L

crickets GIF

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I'm not omitting sh*t.  I'm going off of their recent history.

Robby has been living off that 2017 season up until this point.  He's regressed since then.  Perriman has improved and stepped up.  I'll take the guy who improved in less games, less snaps, has no character or effort concerns, and is half the cost, over the guy who has effort issues, route running issues, hand issues, attitude issues, and will cost more + a draft pick any day of the week.

Stephen Hill never came close to either WRs best years of production btw.  What an absolute ridiculous comparison.

What does Robby have to do with Perriman being a nobody for 80% of his career 51 games?

22 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Generally I'm glad Robby's gone. Over the years I've seen how this organization has been ran along with how this fanbase really dealt with Robby. I think it it was for the best that he went to a better situation and got away from a toxic organization that has yet to show that they know wha they're doing to turn their fortunes around. 

Mmmm I smell pain on you. Toxic Organization fully agree..   toxic fan base yep ...  Seems like you hate the Jets but you are still loyal to them. I like that.

Glad for Robby to be free ... Free of the pain you have chained yourself to... But not sad he's gone?.... I'll buy it and move on considering I've read your posts for a decade and respect the loathsome dedication.