Jets Sign Perriman

SR24

29 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Calm yourself lol.  I’ve been pretty objective about him.  In fact I said I would take Robby if I had a choice but he turned us down.  However he doesn’t suck.  Inconsistent?  Absolutely but your argument really doesn’t hold any Weight.  It’s not like we are bringing him to be our top WR.  This draft is loaded in WR and I still think we are bringing in another veteran.  

Former 1st round pick's career year (out of 4) came on a team with a downfield passing attack with a gunslinger QB who led the league in yards and TDs. His ranks in 2019 as a receiver from pro-football-reference below. Again, this is his career best year out of 4 years as a former 1st round pick, on his third team - that's 3 whole "change of environments".

407th in targets
87th best in receptions
132nd in receptions/game
412th in catch percentage
63rd in yards
34th in Y/R
77th in Y/T
69th in Y/G
26th in TDs
70th in 1D

Give me my buttfumble, because you have no idea what you're looking at. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Former 1st round pick's career year (out of 4) came on a team with a downfield passing attack with a gunslinger QB who led the league in yards and TDs. His ranks in 2019 as a receiver from pro-football-reference below. Again, this is his career best year out of 4 years as a former 1st round pick, on his third team - that's 3 whole "change of environments".

407th in targets
87th best in receptions
132nd in receptions/game
412th in catch percentage
63rd in yards
34th in Y/R
77th in Y/T
69th in Y/G
26th in TDs
70th in 1D

Give me my buttfumble, because you have no idea what you're looking at. 

I do know what I’m looking at.  It’s not like I’m saying he is great here lol.  It’s a 1 year deal for 6m so it’s not like we are screwing ourselves capwise lol.  The idea is to see him build off last year with the motivation of a new deal. I’m not gonna buttfumble you even though it’s a silly statement you made.  Anyway take care man and relax 😂 By the way I don’t why you keep mentioning me buttfumble gets you...you were the one who started that nonsense 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not really.  JD is demonstrating with all the 1-year deals that he expects to "draft over" the players on the current roster.  Those who prove themselves will get new contracts.  Sounds good to me.  

If Perriman has a monster year that justifies a monster contract, that's a win-win.  

Seems very Macc-ian... only, of course, Macc whiffed in the draft like Bugs Bunny swinging three times at the same pitch.

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Seems very Macc-ian... only, of course, Macc whiffed in the draft like Bugs Bunny swinging three times at the same pitch.

lol, how is that Macc-ian?  He only signed 3 players to 1-year deals of any significance:  McCown, Fitzpatrick and Claiborne:

• Mosley (5 yrs, $85M w/$43M in guarantees)
  • Bell (4 yrs, $52.5M w/$19M in guarantees)
  • Trumaine Johnson:  5 yrs, $72.5M w/$34M in guarantees
  • Revis:  5 yrs, $70.1M w/$39M in guarantees
  • Enunwa:  4 yrs, $36M w/$20.5M in guarantees
  • Spencer Long:  4 yrs, $27.4M w/$6M in guarantees
  • Wilkerson:  5 yrs, $86M w/$37M in guarantees
  • Skrine:  4 yrs, $25M w/$13M in guarantees
  • Harris:  3 yrs, $21.5M w/$15M in guarantees
  • Cromartie:  4 yrs, $32M w/$7M in guarantees
  • Carpenter:  4 yrs, $19.1M w/$5M in guarantees
  • Kearse:  3 yrs, $13.5M w/$6.3M in guarantees
  • Fitzpatrick:  1 yr, $12M fully guaranteed
  • McCown (2x):  1 yr, $6M fully guaranteed; 1 yr, $10M w/$5M in guarantees
  • Forte:  2 yrs, $$9M w/$6M in guarantees
  • Marshall:  3 yrs, $26M w/$9M in guarantees
  • Crowell:  3 yrs, $12M w/$4M in guarantees
  • Gilchrist:  4 yrs, $22M w/$3.5M in guarantees
  • Claiborne:  1 yr, $7M w/$6.9M in guarantees
  • Winters:  4 yrs, $29M w?$15M in guarantees

He also took on the latter 2 years of the Raider deal for Osemele (resulting in $10.2M in dead money).

JD is the anti-Macc.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

How?  There is nothing “Macc-ian” about it.  Look it all comes down to the draft.  I’m not gonna sit here and guarantee JD is gonna be a master at the draft but I’m confident he will be better than Macc 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol, how is that Macc-ian?  He only signed 3 players to 1-year deals of any significance:  McCown, Fitzpatrick and Claiborne:

• Mosley (5 yrs, $85M w/$43M in guarantees)
  • Bell (4 yrs, $52.5M w/$19M in guarantees)
  • Trumaine Johnson:  5 yrs, $72.5M w/$34M in guarantees
  • Revis:  5 yrs, $70.1M w/$39M in guarantees
  • Enunwa:  4 yrs, $36M w/$20.5M in guarantees
  • Spencer Long:  4 yrs, $27.4M w/$6M in guarantees
  • Wilkerson:  5 yrs, $86M w/$37M in guarantees
  • Skrine:  4 yrs, $25M w/$13M in guarantees
  • Harris:  3 yrs, $21.5M w/$15M in guarantees
  • Cromartie:  4 yrs, $32M w/$7M in guarantees
  • Carpenter:  4 yrs, $19.1M w/$5M in guarantees
  • Kearse:  3 yrs, $13.5M w/$6.3M in guarantees
  • Fitzpatrick:  1 yr, $12M fully guaranteed
  • McCown (2x):  1 yr, $6M fully guaranteed; 1 yr, $10M w/$5M in guarantees
  • Forte:  2 yrs, $$9M w/$6M in guarantees
  • Marshall:  3 yrs, $26M w/$9M in guarantees
  • Crowell:  3 yrs, $12M w/$4M in guarantees
  • Gilchrist:  4 yrs, $22M w/$3.5M in guarantees
  • Claiborne:  1 yr, $7M w/$6.9M in guarantees
  • Winters:  4 yrs, $29M w?$15M in guarantees

He also took on the latter 2 years of the Raider deal for Osemele (resulting in $10.2M in dead money).

JD is the anti-Macc.

Impressive list, you win :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

How?  There is nothing “Macc-ian” about it.  Look it all comes down to the draft.  I’m not gonna sit here and guarantee JD is gonna be a master at the draft but I’m confident he will be better than Macc 

A blind monkey is better at darts than Macc was at the draft!

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Dcat said:

Yes, there is.  Reported $40 million 4 yrs offered by Jets.  Probably more guaranteed money.

And others say something totally different.  
$40 for 4 doesn’t fit what we’ve done.  Add in how quick JD signed Perriman and the we were moving on from Robby theory sounds believable.  
I really don’t care all that much either way.  I don’t see the loss over the financial savings making up for it.  Their differences are negligible

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetsfansince7 said:

I agree. you know who SUCKED his first two years? Eric Ebron. Now he's one of the best TE in the game. 

Eric Ebron stats
Career stats

Year
Team
REC
YDS
AVG
LNG
TD

Career

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Not really.  Macc handed a lot more multi year contracts and went for the biggest names. 
Seems very unMacc like.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jets723 said:

Yeah look I’m not naive I don’t think he is ever gonna do that on a consistent basis but neither did Robby.  If I had a choice would I pick Robby?  Yes I would but I don’t think it’s a big drop off.  I mean the Jets did offer him a pretty good deal so there was nothing they could do except maybe overpay for him to stay.  Look this is not a 1 year process.  This is gonna take another good offseason at least.  The good news is the draft is loaded with receivers and JD isn’t making the same mistakes Macc made.  Gotta give it a chance 

The big issue with Perriman is he's been injury prone. Whereas Robbie hasn't. If Perriman stays healthy it could work out well.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, JetsRay said:

Can't evaluate Perriman based on career.  A light went on for him last year, as others have highlighted.  He was a beast down the stretch last year.

Others mentioned it, but after a solid rookie year, he had inconsistencies, but how much of that was due to Flacco not being that great.  He was let go, bounced around, then last year got an opportunity in TB.  If you evaluate how he developed last year, it's as if things started to come together.  The highlight reels speak to it.

We can't evaluate Perriman vs Anderson based on their 3 years in the league.  Sometimes, players need time to figure things out in the NFL.  Talent has always been there, he is far more gifted than Anderson overall.  Speed is same, but Perriman brings strength, and better athleticism.

Look at what he did last year with the Bucs, that is the player we are getting, who may have started to find himself in the league.

There's a reason rookies don't fair well in New England. Brady was TOUGH on rookies. They make mistakes, it takes time. That's why New England likes experienced WRs just look at their history.  

Its a little easier now because CBs can't do sh*t any more. 

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

name, say 4 WRs who did this?

bust for 4 yrs, thyen put it all together...

You dont think there have been players who needed time to develop?

And if hes the point it makes a difference how?

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

We did get worse and our fans are applauding it.

Ehh if we did it’s slightly worse, if guys who were hurt last year come back to full strength I think it’s pretty even. But the most important thing here is the draft I think you’re over looking that part of the offseason. I’ll take a monster draft and decent Fa period over the alternative. If Douglas can get a franchise LT and some weapons in rounds 2-4 jets will be vastly better. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TNJet said:

Perriman, Doctson, Crowder, V.Smith, and maybe Enunwa. Idk...feels like we got worse.

I don't know if it's worse, but it certainly doesn't look any better.  The Jets need to add one more veteran....maybe a Demaryius Thomas (solid but older, slower) or go after Demarcus Robinson (younger (25), less experienced, no more than 32 catches in a season).

Add either of those guys and the Jets can at least keep a straight face heading into a Draft where they should absolutely add 2 more young, talented rookies.

I think the Jets want Enunwa to eventually pass a physical so that they can cut him without an injury settlement.  I'm not counting on him at all.

31 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

We did get worse and our fans are applauding it.

Nobody is applauding.  We know that we need to build through the draft and that’s the plan.  Dishing out huge deals especially in a weak free agent class in not a good idea.  But once again what is your plan?  I mean you spend all day knocking our fans because we see the big picture but you never give a better plan.  So I have to come to the conclusion that you are just being negative for the hell of it 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1