Jets Sign Perriman

SR24

On 3/25/2020 at 12:28 AM, jgb said:

Inaccurate passer paired with stonehands. Oh boy 

On 3/25/2020 at 12:34 AM, jgb said:

Love the butt fumbles. Just wait for the necro, boys

Butt fumbles are the greatest contrary indicator on earth. We really need a stock picking sub-forum.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

Perriman is fast and big but his catching radius and ball skills are bizarrely poor - I've rarely seen a receiver his size lose the ball on the way to ground as much...

He was worst graded WR in the NFL during his time in BAL. Literally dead last. One year there were more return yards off INTs that hit his hands or chest than he had receiving yards. Like you said bizarrely poor. Oh but 3 good games with TB after they were eliminated playing other teams with nothing to play for.

This was one of the easiest calls of all time. Up there with Rosen being undraftable. 

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

And yet hes far better than any WR we have, and as an undrafted free agent was better than WR we have drafted in 20 years.

You guys kept saying he was a 1 trick pony that could only run go routes. Now hes spent an entire year proving that false. Now you've moved onto other things to prove he isnt actually good. 

But will twist yourselves into pretzels defending bad players with "potential."

Again, I ask you, what does he do well? If there isn't anything particular, I believe the Jets can do better, at less money. That is all. No twist here, just truth. JD can spend $10m plus on better options.

5 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Much like Sam Darnold, Perriman is not good at what he does. He is capable of having a nice catch or a decent game, but he lacks the consistency to be worth 10 million a year. JD gambled and failed on this one. 

Unlike Perriman, Darnold looked pretty good his rookie season and had terrific performances against playoff caliber teams...

The amount of times I read 'please don't David Carr,' this kid threads here... This was a tragedy foretold...

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

Unlike Perriman, Darnold looked pretty good his rookie season and had terrific performances against playoff caliber teams...

The amount of times I read 'please don't David Carr,' this kid threads here... This was a tragedy foretold...

Good at times. Darnold is consistently bad and inconsistently good. 

13 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Again, I ask you, what does he do well? If there isn't anything particular, I believe the Jets can do better, at less money. That is all. No twist here, just truth. JD can spend $10m plus on better options.

Like who? Perriman? We have a huge amount of cap space and Anderson is one of the best deep threats in the NFL and finished top 10 in catches and top 15 in yards.

But yes, who would ever want that on their team to have money literally just sitting there.

Douglas himself already admitted he made a mistake with Anderson yet some of you cant just admit it.

Just now, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Like who? Perriman? We have a huge amount of cap space and Anderson is one of the best deep threats in the NFL and finished top 10 in catches and top 15 in yards.

But yes, who would ever want that on their team to have money literally just sitting there.

Douglas himself already admitted he made a mistake with Anderson yet some of you cant just admit it.

I keep asking you what Anderson does well, to which you continue to give no reply. I will tell you--He picks up empty receptions and yards. he compiles. At least this year he has. He does not score TDs. He does not pick up first downs at an efficient rate. He does not have an efficient ypr.

Perriman is under a 1 year contract. The Jets may walk away from him and go someplace else. I believe they can do better than Anderson, and at less money.

That is all.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

I keep asking you what Anderson does well, to which you continue to give no reply. I will tell you--He picks up empty receptions and yards. he compiles. At least this year he has. He does not score TDs. He does not pick up first downs at an efficient rate. He does not have an efficient ypr.

Perriman is under a 1 year contract. The Jets may walk away from him and go someplace else. I believe they can do better than Anderson, and at less money.

That is all.

In a Robby vs Perriman debate, Robby is hands down the better receiver, but like you said, he is a compiler. He disappeared from games with the Jets and he did the same with Panthers. Don't get me wrong as I would have loved to have him back with the Jets instead of Chris Hogan and Perriman. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

That is all.

I literally just told you. He is a great deep threat. To the point people around here said he was a 1 trick pony.

He has proven is more than that.

The jets haven't done better. They replaced him with a worse player.

15 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I literally just told you. He is a great deep threat.

Not this year. And, you will tell me that is because of the QB. And I will then show you:

DJ Moore 17.9 YPR

Robbie Anderson 11.5 YPR

Same QB.

And one of the reasons I do not like Robbie Anderson, he has proven to be a bad actor off the field. Character counts. He is one off the field mishap away from probably being  suspended by the league. I know that for JD, character is a thing.

Again, no thank you.

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

Not this year. And, you will tell me that is because of the QB. And I will then show you:

DJ Moore 17.9 YPR

Robbie Anderson 11.5 YPR

Same QB.

And one of the reasons I do not like Robbie Anderson, he has proven to be a bad actor off the field. Character counts. He is one off the field mishap away from probably being  suspended by the league. I know that for JD, character is a thing.

Again, no thank you.

There we go, the real reason you dont like him comes out.

When was the last time Robby anderson had an off season incident. Never been suspended and only missed 2 games in 5 years.

Character does count. He grew as a person and changed. He is someone others should look to for making positive change.

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, jgb said:

Receipt time. Some horrendous takes about Perriman. Enjoy.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

As promised

8 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

jfc I didn't see this was a necro & for about 1.2 seconds thought Douglas had re-signed him. Give me a few minutes now for my heart to restart. If I have to call an ambulance I'm sending you the bill. 

Oh god I remember liking this signing at the time oh god

• Haha 3