Jets Sign Perriman

SR24

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

It’s not an upgrade. It’s getting a decent body in the WR room. He can had Robinson too if he’d like. 

lol wtf why is everyone acting like he’s the new #1 WR on the team? That most likely will be a high draft pick or maybe he trades for a talent. 

This.  After the draft perriman will be the 4th best wr.  The jets are probably going all in on wrs in the draft.  He’s not replacing Anderson, he’s slotted as a part time wr.

• Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Nice. This is the best veteran option out there as a Robby replacement.

He played very well last year, and was an absolute beast the last 4 games when Evans and Godwin were injured.

Good pickup, JD.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

He's a speedster. He's basically the same player as robby. He can run a straight line fast. Take the top off the defense.

Solid replacement signing. Obviously there's no great wrs out on the FA market so not sure who would excite you at this point

From what I saw when he got to start he was better than Robby on coming back to Winston and on fighting for contested balls. I'm not smart enough to know how good a route runner he is vs Robby. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Joe Douglas is the future.

We finally are being guided by someone with half a damn brain.

you literally said that about Macc.... 

And Idzik

Come to think of it, you jerk off to virtually anything the jets do...

I envy your deliberate ignoraance. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

It’s not an upgrade. It’s getting a decent body in the WR room. He can had Robinson too if he’d like. 

We already had a decent body in the room that had chemistry with Sam. 

lol wtf why is everyone acting like he’s the new #1 WR on the team? That most likely will be a high draft pick or maybe he trades for a talent. 

Probably because the Jets dont have a #1 or a #2 WR on the roster, which makes him #1 by default, similar to Robby, except Robby was a better player. 

Until that draft pick occurs then that's just what it is. Furthermore, even if we go WR at #11, We already had a better #2 in Robby than Perriman. If JD gets Robinson to sign then this will reflect better. But so far this is looking suspect. 

Most people seem forget the Jets had Tony Martin.  Drafted in the 5th round.  The Jets dumped him,  than Miami dumped him.  Went to San Diego and finally woke up and played good football.  Perriman when given the role last year played well.  Give me Tony Martin San Diego numbers and this is a good move.

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Averaged 7 more yards per reception than Robby. Nice try

Stop it right now. 

robby Anderson’s 4 year career 3,000 yards. 

Perrimem - 4 year career 1,500 yards. 
He’s less than a poor mans Anderson.  
Half the production for $4mm.  Go Douglas. 
and fans applaud him for this. 

13 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Damn....4.25 at this Pro Day, I knew he was fast...didn't realize he was that fast.

He's not. He ran 4.5+ if memory serves me correctly at the combine. Never trust pro day numbers.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Stop it right now. 

robby Anderson’s 4 year career 3,000 yards. 

Perrimem - 4 year career 1,500 yards. 
He’s less than a poor mans Anderson.  
Half the production for $4mm.  Go Douglas. 
and fans applaud him for this. 

I think it’s 6 million less than Robby in terms of guaranteed $

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

So, I guess JD did have a plan B.  Woudl still like to see a more experienced vet added to the mix.  Not sure if Perriman is a late bloomer who finally figured it out at the end of last season, or an overrated draft bust who had a couple of nice games to close out 2019.   I am hoping for the former.

Like who? I can’t stand when people say that. Do your research offer up a suggestion or a player if not stop whining

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, Maxman said:

I know it has been said a few times but the last five games last year. Man, if they are getting that guy, wow.

stats.png

Yeah I doubt we get that guy consistently but similar to Robby he will have good flashes then disappearing acts.  At least we save a little money we can use somewhere else maybe 

2 minutes ago, genot said:

The most receptions he's had was 36, last year. His three prior seasons he averaged 20 receptions a season. Robby isn't worth 2 million more than Perriman. What are you people smoking.

Not to keep repeating it but pretty sure it’s 6 million less than Robby for 2020 in terms of guaranteed money 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1