Jets Sign Perriman

SR24

Here is an important point: Perriman was a 1st round pick - he was paid nicely - now he's on a 1 year contract so he has to produce. Towards the end of last season he really came on. Robbie on the other hand has been year to year not making much money so he was hungry and I mean was - now he got paid. What happens to players like Anderson once they get paid? They take their foot off the gas. Muhammad Wilkerson come to mind?  Only special players outperform or perform up to their contracts when they finally get one. Do anyone really think Robbie is that guy?

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

In what world is Robby Anderson some sort of invaluable piece to the puzzle?

I don’t see Perriman as some sort of drastic drop off. 

The Jets getting a potential top tier WR was always going to come through the draft.

Based on the career stats, it's a 50% drop off. And it would have been more if not for those final 5 games everyone is talking about. 

This dude's career is basically 5 games. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

Just now, CTJetsFan said:

I'm glad we signed a WR who may still have some upside, but.....

Robby's body work over the last 4 years was almost 2x more productive. I would have preferred to have paid him the extra 4 million this year and given him the 2nd year.

I'm willing to wait and see what Joe D does the rest of FA and the draft with the WR corps before passing judgment on how he handled this.

It sounds like Robby wanted to go play with Rhule so it’s possible we would have had to pay more for him to stay.  We got a similar player who is stil you g and saved money we could use somewhere else. Plus we have the draft 

Just now, Jets723 said:

It sounds like Robby wanted to go play with Rhule so it’s possible we would have had to pay more for him to stay.  We got a similar player who is stil you g and saved money we could use somewhere else. Plus we have the draft 

If Robby wanted a premium over what CAR gave him to stay here then good riddance. But we don't know that for a fact. We can assume that he did want to play with Rhule

2 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Seriously, is there THAT much of a drop off in production.  Robbie was a number two wide receiver acting like a first.  WHO CARES!!!  We are drafting his replacement anyway.

People here are comparing what Anderson was this year to what perriman has been, but for the jets going forward, Anderson was only going to be a complimentary wr anyway.  His role was going to be reduced.

• Upvote 2

Just now, CTJetsFan said:

If Robby wanted a premium over what CAR gave him to stay here then good riddance. But we don't know that for a fact. We can assume that he did want to play with Rhule

I’m not saying for sure but I do think he wanted to play with Rhule which I’m fine with.  Like I said I would have welcomed him back but some are acting like he was a bigtime WR 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Based on the career stats, it's a 50% drop off. And it would have been more if not for those final 5 games everyone is talking about. 

He’s never been featured as a #1 receiver. Not even really a #2 for that matter.

Meanwhile Robby was basically forced into the #1 role ever since the midway point of his rookie season because of how sh*tty our WR corps has been over the last decade.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Untouchable said:

He’s never been featured as a #1 receiver. Not even really a #2 for that matter.

Meanwhile Robby was basically forced into the #1 role ever since the midway point of his rookie season because of how sh*tty our WR corps has been over the last decade.

This

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

It's called "Bruce Arians" system. 

Perriman has been on 2 other teams, why havent the stats shown up at his other stops? 

This season is going to be epic. 

Na na na na na

Na na na na na

Hey hey hey 

Goodbye.... overrated skinny 1 dimensional WR

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

I'm glad we signed a WR who may still have some upside, but.....

Robby's body work over the last 4 years was almost 2x more productive. I would have preferred to have paid him the extra 4 million this year and given him the 2nd year.

I'm willing to wait and see what Joe D does the rest of FA and the draft with the WR corps before passing judgment on how he handled this.

I like Perriman but he’s so far a one year wonder who was left on an island last seasonbecause defenses were focused on Evans and Godwin

UGH FML

• WTF? 1

Just now, Jetlife33 said:

Mike Francesa on Robby signing with the panthers for 2/20: it’s a positive for the Jets not a negative, cites deepest wr draft maybe ever 

Well he is right.  Deepest draft in a long time plus we signed a similar player 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

That is Bruce Arians system. 

The same System that can produce MVP level Jameis Winson with over 5K yards and 30 TD's. Except Jameis also wanted to be defensive player of the year with 30INT's and 7 pick 6's. 

In every season that Arians has been a head coach, he's been in the top 3 of average length of completed plays. Arians throws the ball down field. 

We shouldnt expect this type of production when we havent had a 4,000+ yard QB since 1967. 

Also take into account that Perriman was surrounded by Evans and Godwin. 

Perriman will most likely be the #2 Wide out across from a rookie, not hidden between two receivers who are basically #1 receivers. 

Take into account that perriman was surrounded by Evans and Godwin? I can’t because he rarely got targets until those guys went down. I can’t remember exactly, but Godwin and Evans missed at least the last 2-3 games and one of those guys missed more than that. Perriman got a nice one year deal because of what he showed when he became the number 1 WR on his team. Some guys are late bloomers. Maybe he just had his best 5 game stretch or maybe the guy figured it out. I like the upside of this signing.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

I’m okay with another cheap one year deal to fill a roster. It’s what we should be doing. When you’re rebuilding these are the types of moves that make sense.

We just have to bite the bullet, hope JD can put together a couple of good drafts in ‘20 and ‘21. Then we should be ready to compete for the AFC East title.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The Panthers paid $1.20 for a can of Coke.  The Jets bought a can of Pepsi for $0.80.  May not seem like a lot but when you have a $200 food budget a lot of these decisions (Poole for $5M, Desir for $5.5M, Lewis for $6M, Jenkins for $5M) all start to add up.....and they will let us afford some nice filet mignon when the time is right.

Disagree

Robby Anderson has been a pretty durable consistent deep threat over the years. 

Perriman has only had one year of production (a handful of games), and has had problems staying healthy throughout his career. 

The fact that the Ravens dumped this guy (first round pick) after two seasons is all you need to know. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

That is Bruce Arians system. 

The same System that can produce MVP level Jameis Winson with over 5K yards and 30 TD's. Except Jameis also wanted to be defensive player of the year with 30INT's and 7 pick 6's. 

In every season that Arians has been a head coach, he's been in the top 3 of average length of completed plays. Arians throws the ball down field. 

We shouldnt expect this type of production when we havent had a 4,000+ yard QB since 1967. 

Also take into account that Perriman was surrounded by Evans and Godwin. 

Perriman will most likely be the #2 Wide out across from a rookie, not hidden between two receivers who are basically #1 receivers. 

He put up his best numbers when they both went down last 5 games. Boy stepped up

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

What? He was a 1st round draft pick by Baltimore with the intention of featuring him as a #1 receiver but he couldnt cut it. 

Robby wasnt even drafted, made it through cuts, made the 53 and then eventually because the best receiver on the team a year later. 

Robby is an overachiever, Perriman was an underachiever who relied too much on his speed coming out of UCF instead of working on becoming a receiver. 

• Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Robbie wouldn't have gotten on the field for the Bucs last year.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1