Jets Sign Perriman

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

Would Robby have started in TB last year over Evans or Godwin? Exactly

Nope, because Evans and Godwin are both #1 WR's. However, if that team consisted of just Evans, Robby and Perriman, Perriman would be the #3. 

You're not really saying anything special 

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And like that....

Well you can see that Douglas has a plan and if plan A is not there he immediately moves on plan B.    It indicates he has built and org than can move fast, unlike mccganan.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

My only concern is that Perriman's catch % is actually worse than Robby's.  A lot worse actually.  So is this a guy you can depend on to make the difficult catch?  Can he make the easy catch?  

One stagnated/regressed and got a Payday.

The other improved and got a prove it deal.  Perriman is getting paid what Robby should have gotten for their respective roles.  That's what this boils down to.

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Because downgrading was the better choice. 

I guess this is why bad teams stay bad. 

Does Robby get to hold your pocket so he can let everyone know you're his?

• Haha 2

Because downgrading was the better choice. 

I guess this is why bad teams stay bad. 

People are acting like this is the jets moving on from Lavernues Coles at the end of his career

13 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I’m okay with another cheap one year deal to fill a roster. It’s what we should be doing. When you’re rebuilding these are the types of moves that make sense.

We just have to bite the bullet, hope JD can put together a couple of good drafts in ‘20 and ‘21. Then we should be ready to compete for the AFC East title.

Jets need two wide receivers from this draft very deep

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, PS17 said:

If the season was 2017, sure. Him coming on strong and having a career best season last year is not cherry picking. 

Robby has not improved in three years. 

6 games tells me nothing.. I’m sure I can find a 6 game window where Robby had huge numbers.

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

No, making it seem as if that was all Perriman and this is what to expect from him as a Jet is ridiculous. 

I mean, putting someone in an offense that tailors to their strengths really shouldn't take away from the fact that they thrived in that role.  Plenty of deep threats get put into an offense that pushes the ball downfield and still don't thrive.  

Perriman deserves the credit for improving.  Simple.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
22 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Al2Cw2aO_reasonably_small.jpg

Perriman had a rough time in Baltimore and they cut him before his rookie contract was even up, but Jets director of player personnel Chad Alexander was with the Ravens for Perriman’s whole time there. Have to think Alexander has a good grasp on what the issues were. #nyj

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

• Upvote 1
42 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

This team has been reduced to signing "Robby replacements". 

This is out of control. 

What’s out of control is that this board is eating this sh*t up as fast as Douglas can fling it.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
Just now, FidelioJet said:

6 games tells me nothing.. I’m sure I can find a 6 game window where Robby had huge numbers.

Then had 6 games where he did nothing.  Both are similar very streaky.  Let’s be honest even if we did sign Robby you would bash Douglas anyway.  

• Upvote 2
Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

It's cherry picking but look at his last 5 games last year.

Rec/Yds/td

5/87/0

3/70/1

5/113/3

7/102/0

5/134/1

What's up with that?

I got one better. 

Look at his entire career OUTSIDE of those 5 games. 

Folks are out of their heads on this forum right now. 

• Upvote 1

Nope, because Evans and Godwin are both #1 WR's. However, if that team consisted of just Evans, Robby and Perriman, Perriman would be the #3. 

You're not really saying anything special 

Based on the last 5 games that Perriman was able to start,  Robby can't hold his jock strap. Today is a wonderful day to be able to see all of these crybabies bitch and complain and act like 2 year olds. What a wonderful day. 

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Robby Anderson is the poor man's version of Robby Anderson. 

I'll take it a step further.

WR Robby Anderson as a Free Agent being replaced by Breshad Perriman is the same as OG Alex Lewis as a Free Agent being replaced by Alex Lewis.

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

A depth receiver playing behind the likes of Mike Evans and Chris Godwin.

The same role Robby Anderson would play on that team.

Sure, but based on simple metrics Robby would have produced more than Perriman.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

I mean, putting someone in an offense that tailors to their strengths really shouldn't take away from the fact that they thrived in that role.  Plenty of deep threats get out into an offense that pushes the ball downfield and still don't thrive.  

Perriman deserves the credit for improving.  Simple.

No, that's what great coaches do. My point here is, everyone is excited about 5 games in a "perfect storm" system that he's no longer in. 

All im saying is: "He's played in 46 other games and started only in 5 of those 46 other games. That shouldnt be dismissed because he's a Robby Anderson replacement". 

Simple. 

• Upvote 1